They are not particularly large; probably a bit on the small side as compared to what we observe by the pros.

Now playing here in SW MT and in AZ, the ground tends to be much drier and on the firmer side as compared to the WA courses I played. As for bounce, more often than not, my current wedge tends to hit and bounce little - and often backwards a foot or two.

Okay, I would recommend 50° with the SS for standard full swings and most chips.

The 54° with the ES or WS for most bunker shots and full shots.

And finally, the 60° with the TS for touch shots around the green where you need to open the face, and some bunkers with hard packed sand.

• Like 3

I like having a 50° which you have. A 56° which full swing is right around 100 yards full light swing, and 60° full light swing is 60 yards. If I go harder it obviously goes further.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

See this is the problem with a question like yours.

All of these are great suggestions, each works for the one offering the suggestion and none of this is helpful for you because every answer equals no answer

So I will give them one no one has yet - ask your teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Also I'll give you Revs second favorite answer go get fit. A fitting will help you find something that works for you and fits what you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

See this is the problem with a question like yours.

All of these are great suggestions, each works for the one offering the suggestion and none of this is helpful for you because every answer equals no answer

So I will give them one no one has yet - ask your teacher.

If you recall, I recently did an iron fitting (reported results in the Former PE2 Players thread).  This was with a PGA fitter and using a LM. Still green dot and regular flex shafts; the only suggested change being regular vs. my current +1/2" length (borderline).  That was after hitting Mizuno, Ping, and Titleist. The 2 deg upright was also confirmed at a Ping Demo in Yuma this past January.  Am I not safe to presume that any wedge options with this lie, length, and shaft flex is an appropriate fit?  Certainly being able to test hit candidates is ideal, but you would be amazed how challenging that is here in the epicenter of the golf world.  :lol:

• Like 4

I am a big fan of the Ping Glide wedges as you can see from my signature.  Having the 4 degree gaps from 50 to 58 has worked well for me.  Currently all of the wedges are SS grinds but I would like to experiment with the ES or TS grind for my 58.  They are also a bit more forgiving on full shots than many other wedges because they have a small cavity behind the face.   

• Like 1

If you recall, I recently did an iron fitting (reported results in the Former PE2 Players thread).  This was with a PGA fitter and using a LM. Still green dot and regular flex shafts; the only suggested change being regular vs. my current +1/2" length (borderline).  That was after hitting Mizuno, Ping, and Titleist. The 2 deg upright was also confirmed at a Ping Demo in Yuma this past January.  Am I not safe to presume that any wedge options with this lie, length, and shaft flex is an appropriate fit?  Certainly being able to test hit candidates is ideal, but you would be amazed how challenging that is here in the epicenter of the golf world.  :lol:

My iron fitting at a PING demo day stated that I too am 2* up. I ran with that for the current wedges I custom ordered and play. That setting for me is solid and I've have been very happy with their performance overall.

• Like 1

My experience is that the greater the loft on your wedge the steeper the learning curve is regardless of the amount of bounce..also the more practice is takes to hit quality shots.  I am not saying that it can't be done, but it requires a lot of practice to hit good shots from 50-60 yards with a 58-62 degree wedge.  The good news is that once you get the feel and the technique, your other clubs will also benefit from all of that effort!

:ping-small:  glide 2 is my choice! :) 

• Like 2

If your gap wedge is 50? And you wanted to add two wedges to your bag I'd go 54-58. If you're just adding one I'd go 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As others have echoed, getting fit most crucial, but I'll throw a vote in for the Cleveland CBX wedge(s). I personally like a 5 degree gap between my wedges and went with 50, 55, 60 and recently replace my set's PW for a 45.

When they say it's designed for people with cavity back irons, it's true for me. I have a ton of confidence and they fit the majority of golfers. If you're looking more bladish, the RTX 3 are discounted since the 4 just came out.

Add them to the testing list!

Or go bombtech 3/$99 and then add their 72 degree wedge for fun!!!!