Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tommy Armour GXT Wedge

Rphall003

I've looked around at several wedges and find all sorts of dream clubs however, not looking to drop quite that much dough. Saw the TA GXTs at Dicks and they seemed well made and quality components(ie lamkin grip, dynamic Gold shaft) curious if anyone has played around with them and your thoughts.

Driver: Ping G30 Tour 65

Fairway: Ping G30 Tour 80

Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR S 21*

Irons: Mizuno MP-54 KBS TOUR S

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 50* KBS TOUR,

Titleist Vokey 55*, 60* KBS Hi-RevS

Putter: SeeMore fgp Original 35", 69*, 2.5*

Ball: Bridgestone B-330 S

I've looked around at several wedges and find all sorts of dream clubs however, not looking to drop quite that much dough. Saw the TA GXTs at Dicks and they seemed well made and quality components(ie lamkin grip, dynamic Gold shaft) curious if anyone has played around with them and your thoughts.

I don't want to discount those wedges - they might be great, but you can find Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 wedges on clearance for the same price. The guys testing them seem to love them.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

If you like the look and they have the bounce/loft options you are looking for then go for it.   If possible hit them first of course.  Lots of guys have an unholy alliance to one brand or club or the other but I've played any cheap or used wedge I could get my hands on for years  including a set of Tom Watson wedges I picked up for 3 for $CDN69 brand new a few years ago.  They hit as good as anything else, spun and held greens like I'd expect them too and the only downside was they did feel a bit on the harsh side. 

Archived