Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 6/17/2024 at 1:04 AM, TerryChestnut said:

What's up guys! Been following MyGolfSpy on Instagram for a while & just recently found out about the forum, been spending less time on social media so this feels like the perfect way to get my golf fix outside of Instagram.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started playing golf over covid, was giving pitching lessons at a facility that had a golf simulator and would just go up after work rip driver for hours trying to see how hard I could hit the ball. Got addicted pretty quickly from there. 

What do you love about golf?

I love the strategy of navigating golf courses. Still fairly new to playing so my appreciation for certain aspects of the game far outweigh my ability to execute them, but still love the endless pursuit of perfection. If anyone knows any course that are purely dog leg rights that would favor a slice though, please let me know. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

None! Followed on Instagram, initially was drawn to the product reviews (specifically golf balls/distance), but have enjoyed the insight from a lot of golfers who have more experience than me on this forum!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Hudson, MA but spend my offseasons between Boston,MA/Palm Beach,FL now. I spend a lot of time traveling so I can't say I really have a home course, but the course I have played the most in Mass/my favorite course is Stow Acres, right down the street from where I grew up.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

In my experience, perhaps just the courses/time of year I have played in Mass, courses are much less forgiving. I spend mostly the Fall/Winter up North, so courses aren't in prime conditions. Combine that with fairways weaving through the woods and greens tucked up against swamps, I end up holding an iron off the tee most of the time. Down in Florida, where I share time in the offseason, water is typically the main hazard and you have one side of the fairway you can heavily favor. Most of the time you can get away with just gripping&ripping driver in a general direction. Sometimes those factors are the best thing, sometimes they are the worst, all depends on which club is going straight for me that day

What do you do for a living?

I play baseball for the Baltimore Orioles.

How’d you pick your user name?

Terry Chestnut is the name I have used for my created player in MLB the Show since I was a kid. I don't know where it originally started but I think it really rolls off the tongue. 

Welcome to the group! I played stow acres like 2 months back when drilling at ft Devon’s. Way nicer than some of the other courses I’ve played in that area. We play Grandview a lot cause a group of military guys we get pretty rowdy out there and they don’t care since no one is every there.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 6/17/2024 at 1:04 AM, TerryChestnut said:

What's up guys! Been following MyGolfSpy on Instagram for a while & just recently found out about the forum, been spending less time on social media so this feels like the perfect way to get my golf fix outside of Instagram.

Started playing golf over covid, was giving pitching lessons at a facility that had a golf simulator and would just go up after work rip driver for hours trying to see how hard I could hit the ball. Got addicted pretty quickly from there. 

I love the strategy of navigating golf courses. Still fairly new to playing so my appreciation for certain aspects of the game far outweigh my ability to execute them, but still love the endless pursuit of perfection. If anyone knows any course that are purely dog leg rights that would favor a slice though, please let me know. 

None! Followed on Instagram, initially was drawn to the product reviews (specifically golf balls/distance), but have enjoyed the insight from a lot of golfers who have more experience than me on this forum!

I am from Hudson, MA but spend my offseasons between Boston,MA/Palm Beach,FL now. I spend a lot of time traveling so I can't say I really have a home course, but the course I have played the most in Mass/my favorite course is Stow Acres, right down the street from where I grew up.

In my experience, perhaps just the courses/time of year I have played in Mass, courses are much less forgiving. I spend mostly the Fall/Winter up North, so courses aren't in prime conditions. Combine that with fairways weaving through the woods and greens tucked up against swamps, I end up holding an iron off the tee most of the time. Down in Florida, where I share time in the offseason, water is typically the main hazard and you have one side of the fairway you can heavily favor. Most of the time you can get away with just gripping&ripping driver in a general direction. Sometimes those factors are the best thing, sometimes they are the worst, all depends on which club is going straight for me that day

I play baseball for the Baltimore Orioles.

Terry Chestnut is the name I have used for my created player in MLB the Show since I was a kid. I don't know where it originally started but I think it really rolls off the tongue. 

Welcome along! Shaker Hills and Red Tail are 2 nice courses near Stow Acres that you should play. 

I just saw that the Orioles set a record on SportsCenter this morning with the most AL East series wins since 1969 - 22 in a row !! They've done a good job at turning that franchise around

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Not sure if anyone way up north plays around the White Mountains region (besides @ejgaudette) but my father in law said that Waumbek Golf course in Jefferson, NH just re-opened after many years of being closed down. He said the New owners put over 3 mil into it. Built a club house and restaurant,  all new carts,  the whole shebang. He used to play there 30+ years ago when they lived up that way. (I had no idea he even played! He doesnt have any interestin it, as ive invited him many times to come along with me)

Anyway, it's a beautiful mountain side course from what I've looked into.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 6/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, Rob Person said:

Not sure if anyone way up north plays around the White Mountains region (besides @ejgaudette) but my father in law said that Waumbek Golf course in Jefferson, NH just re-opened after many years of being closed down. He said the New owners put over 3 mil into it. Built a club house and restaurant,  all new carts,  the whole shebang. He used to play there 30+ years ago when they lived up that way. (I had no idea he even played! He doesnt have any interestin it, as ive invited him many times to come along with me)

I actually just drove by it with the family and they did indeed build quite the club house. The course looks to be in good shape right now. This is a bit of a trend in the area, that course re-opened. Another course up this way formerly Jack O'Lantern was bought and being invested in, now call The Jack. Also my former main club was bought by a larger resort/ 2nd home course and is being completed redone as well. The first two are doing it reasonably from a cost perspective, though the course closest to me has costs going through the roof now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I actually just drove by it with the family and they did indeed build quite the club house. The course looks to be in good shape right now. This is a bit of a trend in the area, that course re-opened. Another course up this way formerly Jack O'Lantern was bought and being invested in, now call The Jack. Also my former main club was bought by a larger resort/ 2nd home course and is being completed redone as well. The first two are doing it reasonably from a cost perspective, though the course closest to me has costs going through the roof now.

I remember a Jack o Lantern campground we used to go to a couple times a year, 20 odd years ago. Don't remember a golf course,  but are they the same?

You never really would have noticed waumbek in the past.  It was basically a shed and cart barn halfway up the hill side. Passed it all the time driving from Gorham to Littleton to see my brother. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I remember a Jack o Lantern campground we used to go to a couple times a year, 20 odd years ago. Don't remember a golf course,  but are they the same?

You never really would have noticed waumbek in the past.  It was basically a shed and cart barn halfway up the hill side. Passed it all the time driving from Gorham to Littleton to see my brother. 

No campground at the Jack O'Lanterns but some rentals. Maybe it is nearby though.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 6/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, Rob Person said:

I'm planning on playing there in the next few weeks.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

15 hours ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I'm planning on playing there in the next few weeks.

Have a good time! Look forward to your thoughts!

WITB-

On 6/25/2024 at 8:46 AM, ejgaudette said:

Man I wish my old home course would get purchased and re-opened 😞 At this point it's pretty much a given that it's going to be completely razed and turned into housing...

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

36 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Man I wish my old home course would get purchased and re-opened 😞 At this point it's pretty much a given that it's going to be completely razed and turned into housing...

Yeah we are lucky on that front that being a bit of a tourist spot there is the value in keeping the courses and not so much demand for housing. My course growing up fell to this though, becoming an Amazon fulfillment center and I think housing eventually. Its a shame given it was a great affordable option with 36 holes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 8:16 AM, Rob Person said:

Have a good time! Look forward to your thoughts!

I played Waumbek today and I have to say that it was in less than desirable condition. Tee-boxes were rather shabby and the fairways didn't look like fairways but more like sparse rough. Holes two and three were unplayable due to weather damage which I was not told about before I got there and it was rather confusing where to go on the course after holes were over. I think they wanted 85-ish dollars for a normal course and we paid $70 for a course that wasn't worth over 50. Had it been in good shape it might have been worth more the layout isn't too bad except it is a rather short track. The track reminds me a lot like province lake here, very expensive clubhouse and a rather lousy course quality. The advertising makes it look like it's a fairly nice course but overall the condition is subpar.

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

1 hour ago, Muckinfiddle said:

I played Waumbek today and I have to say that it was in less than desirable condition. Tee-boxes were rather shabby and the fairways didn't look like fairways but more like sparse rough. Holes two and three were unplayable due to weather damage which I was not told about before I got there and it was rather confusing where to go on the course after holes were over. I think they wanted 85-ish dollars for a normal course and we paid $70 for a course that wasn't worth over 50. Had it been in good shape it might have been worth more the layout isn't too bad except it is a rather short track. The track reminds me a lot like province lake here, very expensive clubhouse and a rather lousy course quality. The advertising makes it look like it's a fairly nice course but overall the condition is subpar.

Sorry to hear it was bad!  Thats disappointing.   I know they've had some rough weather in the last week or so, but still. At that price it should be at least mowed!!! 😠 

WITB-

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Sorry to hear it was bad!  Thats disappointing.   I know they've had some rough weather in the last week or so, but still. At that price it should be at least mowed!!! 😠 

The Greens were the only redeeming quality but it would take a few rounds to get used to the grain.

In my Vessel bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all you NE spies!

I'm helping run a golf tournament to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on August 24th.  We are holding the tournament in memory of my friend Samantha's Father, David Stone, who passed away in January this year after a 9 month battle where he was able to share in some wonderful family time, including meeting his grandson.

I'm attaching the flyer here, but you can send me a PM if you'd like to put together a team.  If you're a small business owner interested in sponsoring a hole let me know too and I can provide you with that documentation.

IMG_1235.jpg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey Guys! Want to get more involved here! Pic posted is my first time golfing and the day my addiction to it started

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing for less than a year. This is my first season. I played a course with a friend during winter and was hooked ever since. My current handicap is 29.7

2. What do you love about golf?

I think what I love is that it’s something you work hard to get better at. I love the grind and seeing the improvement each time I play. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I found MyGolfSpy on my Instagram explore page. I don’t know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Waterbury Connecticut. Although I’m right on the borderline of Naugatuck. So my home course is Hop Brook Golf Course. It’s a nice 9 hole with some fun holes. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best I think is the amount of courses, and the views. Being in CT allows me to see some very nice scenery while I play. The worst seems to be short season due to the winter months.

6. What do you do for a living?

I am a wastewater operator and I work the night shift.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It’s my Instagram name. Just letters from my name with no vowels 

IMG_7616.jpeg.06c392cf7e43b0cde84fa1042f1278de.jpeg

Wylie Velez

3 hours ago, Wvlz said:

Hey Guys! Want to get more involved here! Pic posted is my first time golfing and the day my addiction to it started

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing for less than a year. This is my first season. I played a course with a friend during winter and was hooked ever since. My current handicap is 29.7

2. What do you love about golf?

I think what I love is that it’s something you work hard to get better at. I love the grind and seeing the improvement each time I play. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I found MyGolfSpy on my Instagram explore page. I don’t know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Waterbury Connecticut. Although I’m right on the borderline of Naugatuck. So my home course is Hop Brook Golf Course. It’s a nice 9 hole with some fun holes. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best I think is the amount of courses, and the views. Being in CT allows me to see some very nice scenery while I play. The worst seems to be short season due to the winter months.

6. What do you do for a living?

I am a wastewater operator and I work the night shift.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It’s my Instagram name. Just letters from my name with no vowels 

IMG_7616.jpeg.06c392cf7e43b0cde84fa1042f1278de.jpeg

Welcome!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

I got into the area at the end of last week and I was supposed to reach out to arrange some rounds but life got away from me and here we are.  Played a round at Allendale Tuesday and Green Valley CC on Wednesday.  Both courses are in great condition.  If you are around either one I recommend them.

Allendale's greens are deceivingly myopic. They look like they are simple because they only slide front to back to back to front with few swales and undulations, but the line from side hill putts and grain will give you a headache and make you want to chuck your putter into a pond.  Good luck not running over the green on the par 4 # 13, not matter how short you try to hit and run your approach shot. And if you try to cu the corner, keep your shot HIGH and pray you don't catch a tree as you (hopefully) cross back into the fairway.  

Green Valley plays with wind and some of the off line shots will put you in positions that look easy, until you try to line up a recovery. The par 3 #11 plays over 200 from the whites and you need every yard. If you miss the green, good luck keeping the ball from stopping short, running past, or coming back at you off the green; if you are on the green, same notes apply.

We finally called it after #14 due to rain (I was +1 for the round and REALLY was hoping it was going to let up long enough to finish). 

One of the things I like about NE golf is that the green hold here.  At least at these and other area course I play when I am here.  I will say that it can also frustrate you.  At GV on par 3 #5 (165 to pin) I had an 8-iron back up 15 feet and on par 3 #12 (125 to pin) I had a 50 degree wedge drop directly behind the pin and only come back 18 inches 🤔.  

Anyway, great courses. I always look forward to my annual visits to play courses in the area.  Maybe one time I will be aware enough to post ahead of time, like I planned to this year, and we can set something up for a group of MGS  followers.  Look for the bag

20240508_185119.jpg.4cbf6ed867bc504ab37ebb57d76a3b07.jpg

Best wishes for good rounds and good weather to all!

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

12 minutes ago, Subdiver1 said:

I got into the area at the end of last week and I was supposed to reach out to arrange some rounds but life got away from me and here we are.  Played a round at Allendale Tuesday and Green Valley CC on Wednesday.  Both courses are in great condition.  If you are around either one I recommend them.

Allendale's greens are deceivingly myopic. They look like they are simple because they only slide front to back to back to front with few swales and undulations, but the line from side hill putts and grain will give you a headache and make you want to chuck your putter into a pond.  Good luck not running over the green on the par 4 # 13, not matter how short you try to hit and run your approach shot. And if you try to cu the corner, keep your shot HIGH and pray you don't catch a tree as you (hopefully) cross back into the fairway.  

Green Valley plays with wind and some of the off line shots will put you in positions that look easy, until you try to line up a recovery. The par 3 #11 plays over 200 from the whites and you need every yard. If you miss the green, good luck keeping the ball from stopping short, running past, or coming back at you off the green; if you are on the green, same notes apply.

We finally called it after #14 due to rain (I was +1 for the round and REALLY was hoping it was going to let up long enough to finish). 

One of the things I like about NE golf is that the green hold here.  At least at these and other area course I play when I am here.  I will say that it can also frustrate you.  At GV on par 3 #5 (165 to pin) I had an 8-iron back up 15 feet and on par 3 #12 (125 to pin) I had a 50 degree wedge drop directly behind the pin and only come back 18 inches 🤔.  

Anyway, great courses. I always look forward to my annual visits to play courses in the area.  Maybe one time I will be aware enough to post ahead of time, like I planned to this year, and we can set something up for a group of MGS  followers.  Look for the bag

20240508_185119.jpg.4cbf6ed867bc504ab37ebb57d76a3b07.jpg

Best wishes for good rounds and good weather to all!

Life happens! Glad ya got to the area hope to link up soon!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

15 years on and off 14 handicap

The challenge 

Love to get in site on new clubs and gear

CONNECTICUT - Waterbury Country Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best-course conditions... Worst-shorter season 

Usps

Knickname at work

Keep swinging 

3 minutes ago, Dmag said:

The challenge 

Usps

Knickname at work

Welcome to the forum!

where/how did you find the forum just out of curiosity?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Dmag said:

The challenge 

Usps

Knickname at work

Welcome aboard 

WITB-

5 hours ago, Dmag said:

The challenge 

Usps

Knickname at work

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

• 4 weeks later...

Got out to shaker hill country club a few weeks ago and what an absolute beautiful track. 4 tee boxes on each hole with most par 3 holes have another alternate tee box to keep things spicy. Halfway house halfway through the front 9 and greens rolling so nice. Not a super hard course but tricky in its perspective view. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 3/18/2024 at 9:15 PM, Subdiver1 said:

Another course we like to play is Connecticut National up in Putnam.  

Got out to CT National yesterday with several friends. Only 1 of us had heard of it before the mention here, but he lives only 30 minutes from it while the rest of us are about 90 minutes away. I liked it a lot although my friends not so much. Maybe because I shot 81 and they were mid 90's lol. It was maybe overly hyped by another buddy of ours and it wasn't as gorgeous as he made it out to be, but it is a great place. 

We could not figure the greens out there and apparently they like to tuck flags as much as my home course. A # of pins were < 6 ft from the edges.  I 3-jacked 5-6 times and the rest of my group was more like 8-9 times.  Still a fun day and the course was in great shape. Price is "high", but only by about $5 compared to similar courses. Not sure I'll drive the 1.5 hours there and back soon, but glad I got play it. Probably a good thing I 3-putted so many times or it could have been a PB for me and then I'd want to go more often lol. 

Callaway Ai Smoke Max 10.5

Callaway Mavrik Max 3W

Callaway Rogue X 5h

Taylormade P770 6-PW

Callaway MD5 50, Jaws Raw 56, Taylormade Hi Toe 60 LB

Odyssey White Hot Versa 12S

- 2 years, getting to the mid to low 80s, 14 hcp

- The equipment and competition. My other vice is video games so I used to collect a lot of different peripherals.

- Followed the twitter account for a while and just realized there is forums

- Massachusetts, Overlook in Hollis NH

- Best is that courses are carved out of the landscape which makes for some awesome scenes. Worst is the amount of balls you will lose in the trees, or leaves in the fall

- Cybersecurity

- My name

Driver - Mizuno STZ

3 Wood - Taylormade Sim

5 Wood - Callaway Paradym

5-9 Iron + PW + AW - Callaway Mavrik MAX

52 + 56 + 60 - Lazarus

Putter - Taylormade Spider

4 hours ago, benmajkut said:

- The equipment and competition. My other vice is video games so I used to collect a lot of different peripherals.

- Best is that courses are carved out of the landscape which makes for some awesome scenes. Worst is the amount of balls you will lose in the trees, or leaves in the fall

- Cybersecurity

- My name

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

4 hours ago, benmajkut said:

- Cybersecurity

- My name

Welcome!

• I started playing in high school when i was 15 or so. My parents signed me up for a summer clinic program at Bluff Point in Plattsburgh, NY and I went on to play one season (turns out I was a much better distance runner than golfer) in high school in Peru, NY. I wasn't a great golfer back then not much has changed in 20 so years. I really need to get more consistent. My handicap is in the upper 20's, hopefully I can bring that down over the next few years.

• I love being outside and staying active. You can get out there and play solo or play a round with friends or coworkers and just focus on your own game. I was never great at team sports growing up and was drawn to golf. It's probably the same reason I took so well to distance running and ended up running cross country in both high school and college.

• I came looking for reviews from everyday Joes on new equipment, especially as I'm starting to look at new irons within the next year. I don't know anyone her, at least to my knowledge. 

• I spent much of my youth at the northern edge of the Adirondack Park in New York, but now I live in Somers, Connecticut with my wife and 2 kids. Most of my playing time is at the Ledges Golf Club in South Hadley, MA, where our company league plays each week throughout the summer months. Closest curse to home in Cedar Knob in Somers, CT.

• Winter really puts a damper on staying consistent and I probably spend a good 2 weeks just getting back the muscle memory each spring. That being said, the summers can be a bit less harsh than other parts of the country and the scenery is often picturesque in this region. 

• Quality Control Manager for a Construction Manager. I'm also a licensed Professional Engineer, but don't utilize that as much as I used to. 

• I've been using this username since high school. It's the name of the street I grew up on followed by my birth year. Also helps that I was very active with hiking, skiing, mountain biking and rock climbing in the Adirondacks back then.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha

Woods: Allied Golf Extreme

Irons: Allied Golf Extreme 3i - PW

Wedges: SW Dunlop Classic 56:8

Putter: Ping By Karsten