GolfSpy STUDque

2019 Official Forum Member Review - Galway Bay Rain Gear

Playing partner: How am I supposed to putt with rain running down my back.

Me: Listen till the end! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I will be getting out to play both days this weekend.  Are there any questions or anything you guys want to see?  

It was a wet round yesterday

IMG_0039.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Really cool pictures guys!  Great stuff. 

Are you all having decent luck lining rounds up with the rain? I'm sure it's a totally opposite way of thinking. Probably especially difficult getting friends to join you! 

Are you guys finding that certain headgear works better than others? Curious about drippage into the suit from the top. 

Also, is an umbrella even necessary anymore? 

• Like 2

Are you all having decent luck lining rounds up with the rain? I'm sure it's a totally opposite way of thinking. Probably especially difficult getting friends to join you! 
Are you guys finding that certain headgear works better than others? Curious about drippage into the suit from the top. 

Luckily we have had some good rain in Seattle the last week and a half. Have been playing/practicing in it with the gear.

Definitely get rain in the jacket when wearing a regular ball cap. Not overwhelming amount, but noticeable to say the least.

The only reason I’ve been using the umbrella is because I walk the course and am trying to keep the bag/clubs as dry as I can. 🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Between work and life golf with out rain is hard to come by right now.  I will get to play Saturday and Sunday.  I did get to play 3 holes in the rain 2 weeks ago, before it stopped.  I did not use an umbrella  I had no issue with drippage into the suit.  My hat had to be work backwards when putting though.  I have never liked using an umbrella.  I find them just another clunky item to get in the way.  I can say i have walked my dog in the rain a lot and this suit does a good job of keeping you dry.  Events are just around the corner for me so hopefully the next 3-4 weeks we get a lot more testing in. 

• Like 1

The pictures you guys have posted are great. Nice to see what they look like out of the course. I'm loving that they don't appear to be too baggy/boxy, but also seem to be loose enough as not to interfere with a swing.

• Like 1

I feel like this is bring out the little kid that wants to go jump in the puddles for this review and I love it!!  Have any of you washed the rain gear yet?  If so, did you notice any difference in the waterproofing after the wash?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I feel like this is bring out the little kid that wants to go jump in the puddles for this review and I love it!!  Have any of you washed the rain gear yet?  If so, did you notice any difference in the waterproofing after the wash?

I have washed the pants, and I have not noticed any difference in how they repel water. 

• Like 1

A very soggy morning in Snohomish, WA. Consistent rain the entire round. I will say that I am absolutely soaked to the bone after finishing 18 holes. No umbrella. Just my Galway Bay gear on for the entire walk on Mandatory Golf Friday. Started the round at 51° F and finished at 55° F... Thank God I did not get the lined pants because I was sweating like a ***** in church. (God bless loves them too!)

IMG_2405.PNG IMG_2406.PNGIMG_2407.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

A very soggy morning in Snohomish, WA. Consistent rain the entire round. I will say that I am absolutely soaked to the bone after finishing 18 holes. No umbrella. Just my Galway Bay gear on for the entire walk on Mandatory Golf Friday. Started the round at 51° F and finished at 55° F... Thank God I did not get the lined pants because I was sweating like a ***** in church. (God bless loves them too!)

IMG_2405.PNG IMG_2406.PNGIMG_2407.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

Excellent scenario to test them. Thanks for trooping it out on our behalf. Soaked to the bone as in the gear didn't deliver? Or something else?

• Like 1

Excellent scenario to test them. Thanks for trooping it out on our behalf. Soaked to the bone as in the gear didn't deliver? Or something else?

Soaked in sweat. I sweat a lot as is, but I was pretty miserable today with how hot I was the entire round. Tried playing with jacket off for a bit to cool down but was still cooking in the pants. And I wore the pants as pants. No layering. I sweat less layering my Nike Hypershield pants over golf pants.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Soaked in sweat. I sweat a lot as is, but I was pretty miserable today with how hot I was the entire round. Tried playing with jacket off for a bit to cool down but was still cooking in the pants. And I wore the pants as pants. No layering. I sweat less layering my Nike Hypershield pants over golf pants.

So the repel the rain but don't breath well?

Love the pictures and the effort you guys are putting in with this review 😁😎

Edited by Nunfa0
  • Like 2

So the repel the rain but don't breath well?

Love the pictures and the effort you guys are putting in with this review

As of now, that is what I am getting out of it. Also having some quality issues, but don’t want to give you too much info prior to my final!

The interesting thing is the PolarTec Neoshell is labeled as the most breathable waterproofing in the industry.

• Like 3

Had hoped to get out and play last weekend in the rain, but the tornado warnings nixed that idea. I wore the jacket shopping yesterday running in and out the stores in the pouring rain. I was dry and quite comfortable in the jacket & a T-shirt both indoors & out. Planning to get out tomorrow afternoon in full gear, temp forecasted for mid-high 70's. 

• Like 3

On 4/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

I will agree so far that they you will sweat when wearing these for an extended period of time. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:28 AM, No3PuttLaLa said:

The interesting thing is the PolarTec Neoshell is labeled as the most breathable waterproofing in the industry. emoji848.png

I was most interested in this part of the test.  Might as well get rained on if you're going to sweat to death inside of the suit.

• Like 3

I was most interested in this part of the test.  Might as well get rained on if you're going to sweat to death inside of the suit.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how it does in the Autumn when it's a little cooler...

• Like 1