Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ร—

Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Djnz

Hi All.

First off let me say I am a new member ๐Ÿ™‚ This site was recommended to be my a member atย  my golf club (Templeton Golf Club) and I must say it has been a wealth of knowledge.

So in saying that here is a shout out to NunfaO bloody good bugger for a lefty ๐Ÿ˜‰

Right so anyway! I was using an older Odyssey 7 putter when our local pro noticed that my swing was not very consistent hence why I was leaving putts short or hitting them 6 feet past....so we worked together to change my putting stroke.

Honestly this was the best and worst thing to go through but once I got comfortable with the new path and grip change it felt amazing. However my Odyssey 7 putter on the other hand felt like a foreign object and I could not hole anything over 2 feet.

This is when I discovered the Odyssey Stroke Lab 1 and man it was love at first sight! Let's just say the wife is lucky I do not put this putter between us at night ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here is some putter info:

Multi-material Stroke Lab Shaft for Innovative Weight Distribution

Tip-heavy graphite and steel shaft saves 40 grams* thatโ€™s relocated into each end of the putter to change performance dynamics.

Slightly Stiffer and Lower Torque for Increased Control

The Stroke Lab shaft is slightly stiffer and lower torque compared to standard putter shafts for to better control the slightly heavier head.

Sole Weights and Grip Weight for a Smooth and Accurate Stroke

Additional weight in the sole and butt-end of the grip change the putterโ€™s dynamics to help golfers consistently repeat a smoother and more accurate stroke.

White Hot Microhinge Face Insert for a Great Feel and Smooth Roll

Combines legendary White Hot feel with dozens of microhinges embedded across the face that promote topspin for smooth roll and acute distance control.

This putter gives me 100% confidence when facing any putt. A combination of the blade style, sole weights and my adjusted swing path has meant my average putts per round has dropped so I am super happy. If you are in the market for a new putter I honestly suggest you trying out one of these bad girls (Her name is Erin Lol)

ย 

ย 

20190502_172537.jpg

20190502_172600.jpg

20190502_172612.jpg

20190502_172638.jpg

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpgย Stealth Driver 10.5ยฐ with aย Fujikura Ventus Blue Valocore 6ย S

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpgย Sim 3 Wood with aย Fujikura Ventus Blue S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpgย 5 Wood with a Kurokage 55g S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg U505 3 Iron with a 80g Hazrdus RDX Smoke Shaftย 

mizuno-logo.jpg.d4e2e572f4907c44f354f76a0869d597.jpgย 223 Irons (5 to PW) with 115g NS Pro Sย 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpgย SM9 50 Wedge 105g NS Proย 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpgย SM9 54 Wedge 105g NS Pro

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpgย SM9 58 Wedge 105g NS Pro

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpgย  Spider EX Ghost White Putter with 120g KBS Blackย 

ย 

nice write up and welcome to the forum, you will fit right in here!

On the Stroke lab, whats the feel and sound like from a premium ball i.e a prov1x or similar?

Driverย  ย  ย Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)ย ย 
4 Woodย  ย Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+ย  :callaway-small:ย Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybridย  ย  ย Titleist 910H 19*ย  ย  :titelist-small:ย  ย Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Ironsย  ย  ย  ย  ย Mizuno MP18SC 4-PWย ย  :mizuno-small:ย  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedgesย  ย  Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*ย  :callaway-small:ย  ย KBS Tour in 'R'

Putterย  ย  ย  ย  'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Welcome to the forum and good writeup!

Love your course even though it got the better of me. Glad you liked your stroke lab putter. Can't wait to get a hold of mine and put it through some paces!

โ›ณ๐Ÿ›„ย as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB)ย 
Driver:ย  :callaway-small:ย Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6Xย Driver Shootout!ย 

Wood:ย ย ย ย :cobra-small:ย F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:ย  ย :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  T150 6-9 Iron
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  T100 PW/GW

Wedge:ย  Toura Golfย - A Spec 53,37,61 degreeย 

Putter:ย  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.pngย Mezz Max!

Balls:ย  ย  ย Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

ย 

Hey Djnz, welcome to the forum.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on your Stroke Lab. Not sure if you know, but we're having four members of the forum test and review the Stroke Lab line in a forum review this summer. I'm one of them, so is Apolloshowl above, and one of the testers (Juspoole) is going to be reviewing the One!ย Hopefully you follow along in the thread when it goes live and keep us posted on your experience as well

In aย :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

ย :titleist-small:ย TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small:ย Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-Sย 

:755178188_TourEdge:ย E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small:ย JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

ย :cleveland-small:ย CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small:ย Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

ย SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small:ย Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I jumped into the ONE on the other side of the ball (lefty)

This is the first anser style putter I have owned and like you a newer stroke was a confidence killer.

However, the ball rolled well and I was left with a bunch of tap ins. Just got to trust myself the putter works fine

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried putting on a different grip or is the grip weighted a certain way to balance the club properly?ย  I recently purchased a Toulon putter which has the same shaft that is weighted on both ends.ย  I'm was thinking of putting a gravity grip on it but have a feeling that will make the weighting out of balance.ย  I cannot find the specs of the weight of the grip to replace it with something that shapes my hand better.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Odyssey Stroke Lab One
1 hour ago, pilot25 said:

Has anyone tried putting on a different grip or is the grip weighted a certain way to balance the club properly?ย  I recently purchased a Toulon putter which has the same shaft that is weighted on both ends.ย  I'm was thinking of putting a gravity grip on it but have a feeling that will make the weighting out of balance.ย  I cannot find the specs of the weight of the grip to replace it with something that shapes my hand better.

According to a Mark Crossfield video I saw, the counterbalance weight is 30 grams.

Driver:ย ย :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:ย :bridgestone-small:ย Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:ย  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small:ย RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:ย :Sub70:ย TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ย :ping-small:ย Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:ย :taylormade-small:ย TP5x orย :titleist-small:ย AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review Posted:ย Sub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, pilot25 said:

From Odyssey's Blog on Stroke Lab. My guess is that the grip itself is 10 grams lighter than a stock Odyssey Grip so somewhere in the 40-45 gram range?

Whatโ€™s the story behind the Stroke Lab Shaft?ย The Stroke Lab shaft is a full 40 grams lighter, made possible by an innovative new multi-material shaft design that combines a graphite body with a steel tip to net out at just 75g, with most of the mass concentrated in the tip. Weโ€™ve redistributed that saved weight by adding 10g to the head in the form of two sole weights, and adding 30g to the grip-end via a 10g-lighter grip and 40g end-weight.

In aย :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

ย :titleist-small:ย TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small:ย Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-Sย 

:755178188_TourEdge:ย E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small:ย JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

ย :cleveland-small:ย CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small:ย Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

ย SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small:ย Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I just weighed a Gravity Grip and its 123.7 grams.ย  It has a 50 gram steel rod down the length of it so the grip is 70.7 grams.

I imagine this is the exact weight of the SS counter core with the 50 gram insert.

I bet a dime to a dollarย the Odyssey Toulon or Stroke Lab grips are exactly the same weights.ย  I was hesitant to cut the grip off but the Odyssey garage has the SS grips for an option and I'm sure they are the same exact counter core grips but with special green toulon or yellow stroke lab colors.

I have combed all the forums and apparently no one has changed grips on their Toulon/stroke lab putters.ย  Or they haven't cared to worry about the weighting which is integral to the club itself.

I can't believe I'm the only one concerned about weighting this thing properly.

ย 

From globalgolf.com.ย  Its about the Toulon but the shaft, grip and head weights of the strokelab putters are the same.

Toulon Putter Models

Each model in the line is designed for a specific stroke, from straight-back to strong arcing. In that order (no arc to most arcing), the models areย Indianapolis, Memphis, Columbus, Madison, Austin, San Diego, Long Island.

Every Toulon putter is also available in a counter-balance model. Further, there are 2 types of counter-balance options, Aggressive Release (AR) and Moderate Release(MR). The AR has a 40-gram sole plate and 14โ€ณ Super Stroke grip with a 50-gram butt-end weight. The AR design lets the clubhead release more at impact, mimicking the release of a long or belly putter. It comes standard at 38โ€ณ long.

The MR has a 20-gram sole plate, standard Super Stroke grip with a 25-gram butt-end weight. It allows you to release the head more with a standard stroke. The lengths available range from 33 inches to 36 inches.

ย 

Edited by pilot25

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

According to a Mark Crossfield video I saw, the counterbalance weight is 30 grams.

Is that the inserted weight?ย  Sorry I'm new to the nomenclature.ย  I think that is the screw in weight and then the total weight of the grip with weight would be about 110 grams.ย  At least, I think it is an educated guess.

Edited by pilot25

6 minutes ago, pilot25 said:

Is that the inserted weight?ย  Sorry I'm new to the nomenclature.ย  I think that is the screw in weight and then the total weight of the grip with weight would be about 110 grams.ย  At least, I think it is an educated guess.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you are correct.ย 

Driver:ย ย :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:ย :bridgestone-small:ย Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:ย  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small:ย RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:ย :Sub70:ย TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ย :ping-small:ย Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:ย :taylormade-small:ย TP5x orย :titleist-small:ย AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review Posted:ย Sub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Sean states they added 30 grams to the butt end of the grip.ย  SS only offers 25, 50, or 75 gram inserts.ย  ย Gravity grip is 50 gram rod.

ย 

Hmmmmm....What to do.ย  So what happens if you need to change a worn out grip?ย  This seems implausible that they would design a putter that cannot be re-gripped with the same specs.ย 

Edited by pilot25

I posted this on the Toulon thread answering my own post in case others are wondering.

According to a Callaway/Odyssey rep, the strokelab shaft is meant to pair with the strokelab grip.ย  They have many offerings when ordering but that is to please the masses.ย  If you want the proper weighting that is designed for the putter then you need the strokelab grip with the yellow lettering shown in the pictures from the OP.

Edited by pilot25

I keep answering myself so I'm clearly crazy and taking this too far.

On another forum someone replaced their Oversized StrokeLab grip.ย  The weight is 41 grams.ย  It looks like it's probably 40 grams and there is a plastic shroud around it that is probably a gram.ย  The gripย itself is 65 grams.ย  Gravity Grip is 123.7 grams.ย  The only SuperStroke grip close is the Mid-Slim 2.0 with a 50 gram weight and grip weighing 64ย grams.

Also, Sean Toulon has no idea what weight is in the grips of his designed clubs.ย  In that video, he initially says 40 gramsย then corrects himself to 30 grams.ย 

Edited by pilot25

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, Berg Ryman said:

From Odyssey's Blog on Stroke Lab. My guess is that the grip itself is 10 grams lighter than a stock Odyssey Grip so somewhere in the 40-45 gram range?

Whatโ€™s the story behind the Stroke Lab Shaft?ย The Stroke Lab shaft is a full 40 grams lighter, made possible by an innovative new multi-material shaft design that combines a graphite body with a steel tip to net out at just 75g, with most of the mass concentrated in the tip. Weโ€™ve redistributed that saved weight by adding 10g to the head in the form of two sole weights, and adding 30g to the grip-end via a 10g-lighter grip and 40g end-weight.

The Odyssey Stroke Lab Jumbo grip is 10g lighter then the Odyssey Stroke Lab pistol grip.ย  The Jumbo is 65g and has a 40g weight in the top of the shaft.ย  The pistol grip weights 75g and has a 30g weight in the end of the shaft.ย  Hope this helps!