Shankster

PGA Championship

GolfSpy STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

18 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

Personally, I like it, but I think the biggest knock on BK is he comes across as the arrogant jock.  Saw a recent example on IG when he was talking about his chances of winning this weekend about 1/2 the field not even being able to compete, then half of that, bla bla bla.  People there were cocky this, cocky that, he's only won 4 tournaments, etc...  I don't view it as arrogance as much as confidence.  I know there's a fine line there arrogance and confidence, but the dude walked into this weekend fully expecting to win.  Plus, he'll throw smack right back to the commentators and I find it entertaining.  He may be a stiff on the course, but he's got plenty of character off of it.

I think part of it for him is that he's willing to speak his mind. All those guys at the top know that 80 guys in the field don't stand a chance, but the Spieths and Fowlers have to go out there and talk about how every week every guy has a chance. It's all about appearance. I think Brooks is accepting that he's the counter culture for golfers now. As guys like Bryson and his science experiments cause more people to think about every shot and swing scientifically Brooks is out there talking about how he doesn't think about anything he just lets his caddie tell him where to hit it and he hits it there. 

The Brooks hate is a joke. I can only assume the guys that don't like Brooks don't like guys that don't conform to their ideals of a superstar. Probably the same people that hated Ken Griffey Jr. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Dude I had that same thought when I was watching a bit of it this morning. The guy is just ice cold. I listened to his interview on the Foreplay Golf podcast and I'm becoming more of a fan. He definitely has his on course persona, but it works for him and the results are kinda obvious at this point!

His Pardon My Take interview was even better. Definitely worth a listen.

• Like 1

After another bogey start, DJ looking pretty good.

and the live streaming has been working so far this AM.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 31mattyoung said:

This happened all day yesterday. Its a terrible live stream, really disappointed. Im hoping today is much better.

I've watched/listened for the past two days without issue.  Too many commercials on the app but not much more than I experienced on TNT last night.  It would be better if each "featured group" followed two groups rather than just one.  Other than that, the stream has been flawless.

After another bogey start, DJ looking pretty good.
and the live streaming has been working so far this AM.

Yep. I see DJ wants a BK rematch in NY.
  • Like 1

Rather refreshing not to see 10,000 cell phones. These spectators are actually enjoying watching golf.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Did they really just show us John Rahm watering a tree while DJ was waiting to hit?

Edited by M. Parsons

What? A? Berger?

Whoa.

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What? A? Berger?

Whoa.

How about the day Fitzpatrick is having

• Like 1

Dumb comment alert!

Justin Leonard just said that “Brooks Koepka will be feeling things he’s never felt before today.”

Oops just shows that even a fairly bright, articulate guy will say something stupid if you let him talk long enough.

Koepka may not win, he may have a bad round but he has been in or around the lead for the last 234 holes of US Open and PGA tournament golf.

I think he knows exactly how he’s going to “feel” and embraces it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Rather refreshing not to see 10,000 cell phones. These spectators are actually enjoying watching golf.

D6yZ9XcWkAkqwcH.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I think he knows exactly how he’s going to “feel” and embraces it.

birdie birdie start- he must be bricking it😂

• Like 3

BK our making an early statement...

• Like 1

Speith came out firing today!  Glad to see him playing some good golf.  Hope his game is finally turning the corner.

• Like 4

Yeah. I wouldn’t have any fun at this course.

• Like 1

Yeah. I wouldn’t have any fun at this course.

Amen lol

Tazz
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

The PGA Championship app commentary is terrible.

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

The PGA Championship app commentary is terrible.

I think they are the same guys who designed it...

• Like 2