2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

29 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think my attitude is consistent with the other three guys, I'm patient because I know that there's nothing that anyone at MGS, or anyone at Titleist, can really do to speed up the process.  We've been getting updates pretty regularly with honest assessments of the likely schedule, its not like we've been kept in the dark, or that promises have been made and not kept.   Yeah, I would love to have the clubs right now, but nobody should take additional risks of significant illness or death just to build golf clubs for me.  We'll get started when we can, but hearing of the progress in CA gives me a little glimmer of optimism.

Excellent attitude sir. The mods here do a great job of keeping us up to date and keeping a lid on our enthusiasm 😁😎

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage 2 is now posted below after Stage 1 Stage 1 … Well, well, well I received my irons a week after THEZIPR23, blackngold_blood and DavePO43, yet am the first to Stage 1. What a bunch of s

From time to time, MyGolfSpy does brand-association surveys. Titleist is among the brands that fare best in these surveys: they have a reputation of no-nonsense quality and performance. Here's my

Stage 2 Posted Below           Thank you to Titleist, MGS, and the Moderators for allowing me the opportunity to review the T100-S irons.   My name is Ry

Posted Images

You guys must be beside yourselves waiting for the go on these. Still good things come to those who wait. 

I have to echo Dave’s comments here. While I would love to have these clubs in hand already, there is no way I could want or expect anybody to put themselves in harms way just to get me some clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Yep you are both totally right, people's safety and health comes first. Golf is a a wonderful hobby but is not important (can't believe I just said that). I'm just lucky that my country, NZ, is about to open again. I forget that a lot of places are still in the grip of this.

• Like 5

Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Is there reason to start thinking about these clubs again?  As I read it, California is beginning to relax restrictions, moving into what they term Stage 2.  Some non-essential business (including sporting goods stores) are going to be allowed to open, with significant precautions.  Manufacturing facilities that supply these stores are going to be allowed to open as well, once again with significant precautions.  Does this mean that the Titleist club-assembly plant in Carlsbad may begin operating soon?  

I have not heard if they are opening this week but you are correct that CA is opening more of the state. From what I understand the counties still have some say in what opens and what doesn't. 

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

You guys must be beside yourselves waiting for the go on these. Still good things come to those who wait. 

It is what it is. I haven't spent a lot of time dwelling on it because it is out my control. Plus the longer we wait the better chance my course gets back to a normal schedule (currently closing @ 5), which will give me more opportunity to be on the course. 

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

• 2 weeks later...

... Great news from Titleist! We have had the wettest May in Chicago history, and more rain coming this weekend and all of next week. I hope the rain passes over you and lets you enjoy your new irons!

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

18 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well folks my FedEx account just received notification of a shipment coming from Titleist! This will be the first memorial weekend that I am not on call! If the rain holds off it may be the best weekend in a long while for me! I may just take Friday off so I can hit them when the arrive.

I just got a similar notice, my shipment is scheduled to arrive some time before 8 PM tomorrow.  A signature is required, so either my wife or I will be home all day.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

15 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I just got a similar notice, my shipment is scheduled to arrive some time before 8 PM tomorrow.  A signature is required, so either my wife or I will be home all day.

Good luck this weekend! Love the T200 look and would love to get my hands on some.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 X

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I ended up taking the day off so i will probably be impatiently waiting by the door! After the get here if it isn’t raining it will be unboxing, photos, jotting down some first impressions and quick thoughts then straight to the course. Should be a great start to the holiday weekend!

• Like 6

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

My package is still in Indianapolis, there's no telling when it will come in.  No matter what, I'll have them for my Saturday morning 736 tee time.

• Like 7

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Getting closer, my clubs at last check had arrived at the Dulles sorting facility, not 10 miles away, waiting to be put on a truck for delivery.  So near and yet so far!
Mine are currently in Rochester MN destination sort facility 3.5 hours away. I'm hoping that means they will still be here today. Normally FedEx and UPS come from Mason City IA which is about 40 minutes away but I have never received anything using FedEx 2-Day shipping before so who knows. I would be more than willing to drive that far if it is the only way to get them today.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Mine are currently in Rochester MN destination sort facility 3.5 hours away. I'm hoping that means they will still be here today. Normally FedEx and UPS come from Mason City IA which is about 40 minutes away but I have never received anything using FedEx 2-Day shipping before so who knows. I would be more than willing to drive that far if it is the only way to get them today.

I keep refreshing the tracking page, now mine are on a truck for delivery.  They've got such a solid system, its hard to break in and have them hold for pickup, but it might be worth a try.  It seems possible that yours will go to the closer facility in Mason City, and then get sorted onto individual trucks, so maybe you can have it held there.  Good luck!  

• Like 3

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

The guys have heard me say this in the PM thread, but it's something we all can relate to.  

A friend at Titleist told me,  "The longest wait for a golfer is the time it takes from the order is placed to the box showing up at the door/course"   

So true!

• Like 9

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The guys have heard me say this in the PM thread, but it's something we all can relate to.  

A friend at Titleist told me,  "The longest wait for a golfer is the time it takes from the order is placed to the box showing up at the door/course"   

So true!

Yep we've all lived that, some of us had to see the tracking start in California and end a week later in NZ 😁

Soon it'll be you pacing the floor waiting for more shiney 🤩😎

• Like 5

Yep we've all lived that, some of us had to see the tracking start in California and end a week later in NZ [emoji16]
Soon it'll be you pacing the floor waiting for more shiney 🤩[emoji41]

I won’t start pacing until the package is on the truck for delivery. I did google destination sort facility and fedex says that is the last place before it is placed on the truck for delivery. So I still have a shot at getting them today.

• Like 7

• STUDque unpinned this topic