Jfontes

Tiger, Phil and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Match

Our Sponsors

Phil did very well with not much help on the front 9 besides the hole out.

Another fun event.

Needed a few more pros in the undercard, definitely fun for golf though.

• Like 2

That was fun to watch. 

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: Driver ST190G                          

:mizuno-small: 5-wood 190    
:mizuno-small: 4i - PW MP-20 MMC                                                                       

:vokey-small: SM-8 50/F 

:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 54/S 58/S 

:odyssey-small: Toulon San Diego Garage

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX /RXS

No caddies. About a dozen neck/back/knee surgeries between Peyton and Tiger combined. That and one foursome on the course, having the carts took care of a lot of the downtime between shots. Also was helpful with the delayed start from the rain.

Was surprised to see them in carts. Immediately lost interest.

Moved on to season 2 of Luther instead.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I enjoyed that a whole hell of a lot more than the first one. The mics on the players and the gopros on the carts were a good touch. The best part of it all was the commentary by JT though. He might be my new second-favorite golfer now. Also, I never liked Peyton Manning much but the dude has game, and his trash taking isn't too bad either. I would definitely watch that again, maybe with the rest of the SB2K crew and some other fun, but decent golfer celebs?

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Great event for sports and for golf in general.  Where else can you raise 20 million over the course of a day like this?  Even though I don't like him, Tb certainly displayed a level of mental toughness and resilience in a situation that many amateur golfers would not have been able to recover from.  He also shrugged off splitting his pants on live TV.  Phil's earpiece meltdown was entertaining and TW just played solid, consistent golf.  Good stuff.

This was a pretty cool event that I enjoyed. I'm telling ya, back when I was closer to a 5 handicap I had a film crew follow me around for a few holes of golf they were shooting for a promo at the PGA Merchandise Show. It was a buddy of mine who filmed it for GolfLife on regional Fox Sports networks. Even though I knew him, I played terrible the first hole and had to hit two mulligans. I definitely understand the early bad shots, haha. Peyton and TB have been on the big stage before, but they were out of their element a little bit early on. Glad it turned into a decent match down the stretch!

• Like 1

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6S
3 Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 TS 15° Project X LZ60 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50° and :cleveland-small: RTX-3 54°, 58° (Edison Golf Forged on the way)
Putter: :taylormade-small: SpiderX Navy Blue 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

This was a pretty cool event that I enjoyed. I'm telling ya, back when I was closer to a 5 handicap I had a film crew follow me around for a few holes of golf they were shooting for a promo at the PGA Merchandise Show. It was a buddy of mine who filmed it for GolfLife on regional Fox Sports networks. Even though I knew him, I played terrible the first hole and had to hit two mulligans. I definitely understand the early bad shots, haha. Peyton and TB have been on the big stage before, but they were out of their element a little bit early on. Glad it turned into a decent match down the stretch!

Totally agree! Liked watching this! It was very relatable to see the QBs struggle a bit.

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

When your prepaid tee time isn't refundable...

Golf Rain.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6S
3 Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 TS 15° Project X LZ60 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50° and :cleveland-small: RTX-3 54°, 58° (Edison Golf Forged on the way)
Putter: :taylormade-small: SpiderX Navy Blue 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

7 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

When your prepaid tee time isn't refundable...

Golf Rain.jpg

They must have booked it on GolfNow!

• Like 2

You have to give them credit for playing in poor conditions, too bad that happened. Unfortunately you'd have to say Brady made the difference, Peyton played much better. Brady had one great approach and one great putt and a boatload of clunkers. I'm sure he was disappointed, and he's probably better than that in decent weather. I watched the whole thing just because I was starved for live golf, it wasn't that interesting shown in real time, some editing would have made it much better - but we all know they're selling ads so the longer the better.

• Like 2

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3i 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR Mizuno S18 60.06
  • Snell MTB-X (replacing Black)

No caddies. About a dozen neck/back/knee surgeries between Peyton and Tiger combined. That and one foursome on the course, having the carts took care of a lot of the downtime between shots. Also was helpful with the delayed start from the rain.

Never suggested they didn’t have reason for carts. Only that I was not a fan.

I'll admit that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.  It was kind of what I expected: Tiger and Peyton were entertaining, Phil and Brady were a bit full of themselves.  Phil overanalyzed his wedge shots so much that I wasnt sure if it was Phil or Bryson.  I also had to laugh at how Brady didnt say a word when he was sucking but after he holed out from the fairway all you heard from him was trash talk.  Tom, just shut up.  You suck at golf and no way are you an 8 handicap.  I wish Brooks would have offered Brady $100K to quit after 9 holes and spare us all watching him hack it around the course.

Chuck on color commentary was fun.  I loved when he said after Tiger hit a shot, "that looks just like me" and when they told him he was dreaming, he was like, "I mean we're both black."  Brilliant.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Titleist 913FD 13.5* 3-wood

Hybrid: Titleist 915HD 3H 

Irons: Titleist DCI 822 OS 6, 8 and PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 56*

Putter: Titleist Bullseye Standard

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Tom holed out as Barkley, and pretty much everyone watching, was roasting his game. Course he talked some trash back after that happened. I'm not sure why people are acting like one round on a tough golf course in the pouring rain while on TV playing with two of the best golfers in the world is enough to say Brady is exaggerating his handicap. He didn't play great, so what, that doesn't mean he's lying about his handicap. Dude's prepping for the upcoming NFL season. And anyway, the event was to raise money for charity, which they did a lot of. How good Tom Brady is at golf doesn't mean anything. It was a fun event that raised a lot of money for a good cause.

I'll admit that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.  It was kind of what I expected: Tiger and Peyton were entertaining, Phil and Brady were a bit full of themselves.  Phil overanalyzed his wedge shots so much that I wasnt sure if it was Phil or Bryson.  I also had to laugh at how Brady didnt say a word when he was sucking but after he holed out from the fairway all you heard from him was trash talk.  Tom, just shut up.  You suck at golf and no way are you an 8 handicap.  I wish Brooks would have offered Brady $100K to quit after 9 holes and spare us all watching him hack it around the course.
Chuck on color commentary was fun.  I loved when he said after Tiger hit a shot, "that looks just like me" and when they told him he was dreaming, he was like, "I mean we're both black."  Brilliant.

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Tom holed out as Barkley, and pretty much everyone watching, was roasting his game. Course he talked some trash back after that happened. I'm not sure why people are acting like one round on a tough golf course in the pouring rain while on TV playing with two of the best golfers in the world is enough to say Brady is exaggerating his handicap. He didn't play great, so what, that doesn't mean he's lying about his handicap. Dude's prepping for the upcoming NFL season. And anyway, the event was to raise money for charity, which they did a lot of. How good Tom Brady is at golf doesn't mean anything. It was a fun event that raised a lot of money for a good cause.

Call me one of those people who doesnt believe Tom is an 8 handicap.  At this point in his life, being on TV shouldnt matter.  Him chirping at Chuck after he hit his first good shot of the day is akin to him losing by 41 points in a game, finally scoring a toughdown and chirping at the other team.  The problem isnt that he talked trash to Chuck, its that he proceeded to talk trash for the rest of the day after that.  You finally hit a good shot, Tom, good job.  What about all the other tee shots that you snap hooked OB and that fact that your game was so bad that you didnt even hit driver all day?  Brady just proved why, other than people who live in Boston or who are Michigan football fans, no one can stand him.

Its funny how Tiger and Peyton managed to make it a fun event and be entertaining without making an arse of themselves.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Titleist 913FD 13.5* 3-wood

Hybrid: Titleist 915HD 3H 

Irons: Titleist DCI 822 OS 6, 8 and PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 56*

Putter: Titleist Bullseye Standard

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Chuck isn't one who should ever be chirping anyone about their golf game by your standards. Sounds to me like you just don't like Tom. Move on. His play didn't matter. The event was fun and did a lot of good.

Call me one of those people who doesnt believe Tom is an 8 handicap.  At this point in his life, being on TV shouldnt matter.  Him chirping at Chuck after he hit his first good shot of the day is akin to him losing by 41 points in a game, finally scoring a toughdown and chirping at the other team.  The problem isnt that he talked trash to Chuck, its that he proceeded to talk trash for the rest of the day after that.  You finally hit a good shot, Tom, good job.  What about all the other tee shots that you snap hooked OB and that fact that your game was so bad that you didnt even hit driver all day?  Brady just proved why, other than people who live in Boston or who are Michigan football fans, no one can stand him.
Its funny how Tiger and Peyton managed to make it a fun event and be entertaining without making an arse of themselves.

If you hadn’t seen this yet, it’s awesome! #SEC
IMG_1811.PNG

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I watched a good portion of the Match 2 while I made dinner for the family. I was really surprised by how much I liked it. I will say, as a Miami Dolphins fan, it was really nice to see Brady struggle. At least for a little bit. 

• Like 1

I watched a good portion of the Match 2 while I made dinner for the family. I was really surprised by how much I liked it. I will say, as a Miami Dolphins fan, it was really nice to see Brady struggle. At least for a little bit. 

It was a entertaining show for Charity. I’m not a huge Brady or Peyton fan but that’s only because I’m a Giants fan. All good!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It was a entertaining show for Charity. I’m not a huge Brady or Peyton fan but that’s only because I’m a Giants fan. All good!

I was shocked Peyton wasn't better on the mic. Maybe it was the pressure of hitting golf shots. 

• Like 1

I was shocked Peyton wasn't better on the mic. Maybe it was the pressure of hitting golf shots. 

I’m looking at it as a live unscripted show, out of their comfort zone that was for Charity but still very competitive between themselves. Add in a monsoon and things can go sideways.
Now Barkley & JT were funny

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list