Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FlightScope Mevo+

I just got a Mevo+ do you have any tips on how to get the most accurate data?

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

Really hoping you post and in depth review of your finds from it. Would love to hear it as I'm considering them as well. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

On 12/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, c_zoid said:

I just got a Mevo+ do you have any tips on how to get the most accurate data?

My close friend purchased one. Using the silver dots helps with tracking the ball. Has to be plugged in to a wall not a power strip. Make sure to set up the distance and location from the monitor so it’s in that area specially each time

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

4 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

My close friend purchased one. Using the silver dots helps with tracking the ball. Has to be plugged in to a wall not a power strip. Make sure to set up the distance and location from the monitor so it’s in that area specially each time

Not sure if he has shared any input with you @RollingGreens but curious if he's finding it to be accurate?  If he's happy with the data it provides him or is it missing key components of data that one would typically be looking for?

I have read in my research the Mevo+ offers the ability to have different ranges and or some courses you can play indoors as well.  While I'm looking for something to augment my winter practice indoors, I'm going to spend I want to make sure the value proposition is there.  

Sorry for the additional questions. 

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

5 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

Not sure if he has shared any input with you @RollingGreens but curious if he's finding it to be accurate?  If he's happy with the data it provides him or is it missing key components of data that one would typically be looking for?

I have read in my research the Mevo+ offers the ability to have different ranges and or some courses you can play indoors as well.  While I'm looking for something to augment my winter practice indoors, I'm going to spend I want to make sure the value proposition is there.  

Sorry for the additional questions. 

I get what you were asking now. For the price it’s fantastic. The extra swing and ball characteristics it picks up have been accurate to a degree. In my opinion it’s close enough for the price point. In no way is it in left field. When their have been fliers occasionally seen on the driving range I.e pitching wedge going 160 yards vs normal 140. It’s not consistent and could even be related to the club vs the mevo plus. Connectivity can be hit and miss working through small bugs like plugging directly into outlet vs power strip. Large downside is the lack of courses. We founded ourselves looking for more after 2 months. I believe they only provide 5 courses which are nice but after a while you may want more which could be pricey. Indoor range is really cool. You can take shot averages with all the Info like a track man would provide    Hope that helps. Anything else you can think, just ask away 

Titleist ProV1

20 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I get what you were asking now. For the price it’s fantastic. The extra swing and ball characteristics it picks up have been accurate to a degree. In my opinion it’s close enough for the price point. In no way is it in left field. When their have been fliers occasionally seen on the driving range I.e pitching wedge going 160 yards vs normal 140. It’s not consistent and could even be related to the club vs the mevo plus. Connectivity can be hit and miss working through small bugs like plugging directly into outlet vs power strip. Large downside is the lack of courses. We founded ourselves looking for more after 2 months. I believe they only provide 5 courses which are nice but after a while you may want more which could be pricey. Indoor range is really cool. You can take shot averages with all the Info like a track man would provide    Hope that helps. Anything else you can think, just ask away 

That's great information!

I guess I've resigned myself to the fact that unless I want to spend $20-30K on a something along the lines of a trackman (though I know I'm probably in FAR more than that for a trackman) I'm no doubt going to miss out on some of the bells and whistles.  The thing for me to measure is how much do I actually want to invest in it when in fact I'm just using it for indoor training / practice during the winter cold months.  And by that I mean anything under 30 I'm pretty much not playing.  Above freezing I will still get out there. 

The 5 course are definitely nice, but I'd be curious what the actual investment is to buy more?  Skytrack runs on the same model I guess, but I've only heard negatives on them as their model doesn't particularly provide any valid stats of worth that can be truly trusted.  

If all else fails, of course, I'll just continue to hit balls into the net! 😄  Or as I like to refer to is as the Cheap Mans Trackman! 

BNewt51

I want to say the golf club is a 2k. E6 can be bought in stages. 

https://e6golf.com/golf-courses/

https://golfsimulatorstore.com/collections/the-golf-club/products/tgc-2019-tgc-simulator-software-bundle?variant=13246583636067

I will say I think the extra money comes in how nice you want the simulator in addition to getting multiple courses

Titleist ProV1

I feel that if I had to decide whether to purchase the mevo plus or have a golf simulator membership With a track man. I would take the mevo plus. I didn’t notice huge differences that would really make you say the difference was justifiable 

Titleist ProV1

21 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I feel that if I had to decide whether to purchase the mevo plus or have a golf simulator membership With a track man. I would take the mevo plus. I didn’t notice huge differences that would really make you say the difference was justifiable 

I think that's the general feeling, honestly. Most of my circle of friends considering this move like I am have said the same.  Sure it would be awesome to have that trackman and full blown indoor set up, but would you really get your monies worth at $40-50K to get it set up properly?  Especially when you could maybe put out less than $3-4K and build your own custom cheaper option that pretty much provides you with EVERYTHING you need to practice effectively, fairly know your numbers, and give you the ability to focus on things to improve?  The ROI of the more expensive option just does NOT seem worth it to me. 

BNewt51

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

I think that's the general feeling, honestly. Most of my circle of friends considering this move like I am have said the same.  Sure it would be awesome to have that trackman and full blown indoor set up, but would you really get your monies worth at $40-50K to get it set up properly?  Especially when you could maybe put out less than $3-4K and build your own custom cheaper option that pretty much provides you with EVERYTHING you need to practice effectively, fairly know your numbers, and give you the ability to focus on things to improve?  The ROI of the more expensive option just does NOT seem worth it to me. 

Especially with knowing that this sub 5k market is going to be becoming more popular and the general population will spend the money for this category. 

Titleist ProV1

18 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Especially with knowing that this sub 5k market is going to be becoming more popular and the general population will spend the money for this category. 

Especially in days like these where we are all confined to homes and NOT freely out and about...

BNewt51

Thanks for the tips. I just now started using the metallic dots. But the wedge spin is just low. But if thats my main problem thats a win. For only 3k. 2k = Mevo+. 1/2k Fiberbuilt mat. 1/2k 10x10x10 golf cage.

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

On 12/8/2020 at 7:31 AM, BNewton51 said:

Really hoping you post and in depth review of your finds from it. Would love to hear it as I'm considering them as well. 

Will do sir.

Software: What apps are available: E6: all IOS, FS: IOS 12+ & all android. The mevo+ has its own wifi that you connect to but it doesn't emit a signal. You can a have a mobile hotspot at the same time, but it's best to have you device to have cellular data. There is a way to get into E6 without wifi but it extremely laggy and impossible to use. What app to use: I use both, I use FS when I want driving range numbers, FS has many more data points than E6. E6 is mainly simulator software I use it when I want to hit 20 balls at a par 3.

FS Golf:

Pros: Easy range setup, Many Numbers, Voice Feature, You can video your swing

Cons: Misses are under represented right and left (you can just have that in mind then its fine), Every 30seconds you don't hit a shot it disarms which is super annoying (Saving mevo battery life mevo+ only has about 2 hours of life)

E6: 

Pros: You can play holes, left and right misses are more accurate, you can play with others more easily, you can have some competition, doesn't just disarm

Cons: little bit of a harder setup, Less numbers, short game is not worth it

part 2 coming soon

Tip for E6 

Go into settings and click on: guess putt amount based on distance. (not exactly that but on the lines of that)

Don't putt on a simulator, do yourself a favor and buy a mat instead.

Number Accuracy.

Carry Distance: Pretty accurate, Toy around with the setting if your ball doesn't seem to go far enough on the simulator then make it hotter of more dry in settings to make it more accurate to your home course

Total Distance/Roll: Go into settings and make the fairways/greens harder or softer if your ball is rolling too much of too little

These are the data parameters it has.

Spin: Use metallic dots for Woods. Wood spin is too high metallic dots should fix that. I would not use dot for high spinning clubs, the spin is way to low so i recommend softening up the greens for E6. This is the least accurate data parameter.

The rest is perfectly fine works amazing

1655195081_ScreenShot2020-12-15at10_04_13AM.png.2f794807a9939eafe4e92c2aa79036b5.png

tell me if you have any questions or tests you think i should do