Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

I suggest doing a "factory reset", not just a reboot. The one round I played after doing that was flawless. I don't recall if the watch has to be on or off when starting this process. If you don't see the "Factory Reset" option at the bottom of a small list after releasing the crown button, try it the other way. 

"To reset your watch hold down the crown button top right, you will see firstly the screen going blank, after that you will see the X5 logo appear on screen, finally you will then see a screen with options. You can let go of the crown button now.

Press the crown button twice until 'Factory Reset' is selected. Then press the bottom right button to confirm this selection. Your watch will now reboot with the factory firmware.

Please connect the watch to the app and sync the latest firmware onto the watch before playing again."

You won't have to redo Bluetooth connectivity, but after the firmware update, which takes a bit of time, you will have to go through the initial setup just like when it first came out of the box.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

I was thrilled to take my X5 out for a round of 18 holes at my club. With its three separate 9-hole courses, I was particularly excited to try out the back 9 feature for the first time. Everything started off smoothly as I completed the front 9 and began playing the back 9.

However, while on the 10th green, I accidentally entered the wrong score. Realizing my mistake, I accessed the menu to correct the score and selected the 11th hole on the scorecard, intending to prepare for the next hole. As I stood on the tee box, I noticed that the pin collect was still up, indicating that I had failed to enter my score for the 10th hole. To my dismay, I had actually entered the score for the 11th hole, which I was about to play.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to delete the score before it was my turn to tee off. Frustrated, I exited the menu and kept my watch ready for the 11th hole. However, when I hit my drive, I noticed that my watch didn't register my tag. I even tapped my club against the watch during my next shot, but it still failed to read the tag.

Desperate to resolve the issue before teeing off on the 12th hole, I attempted to exit my round and reenter it. However, my tags still wouldn't read. Reluctantly, I finished the 12th hole and proceeded to the 13th. It wasn't until I reached my ball on the 13th hole that I decided to do a hard reset. Finally, the tags started reading properly, and I experienced no further issues on the 14th and 15th holes.

Unfortunately, on the 16th hole, as I was preparing to putt after hitting an approach shot slightly off the green, I noticed a message asking if I wanted to exit the pin collect. It turns out that my glove was inadvertently pushing against the button, triggering the message. Without thinking much, I responded with a "yes." To my disappointment, my tags stopped registering once again when I went to putt. At that point, I gave up and finished the round without relying on the tags.

Based on my experience, it seems there might be a software bug related to exiting the pin collect or entering scores for holes that haven't been played yet. I could only get my tags to read by performing a hard reset. I plan to share this incident with the group, but I will also email customer service to describe what happened to me this morning. I'm confident that a firmware update will be developed to address and resolve this issue.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

I suggest doing a "factory reset", not just a reboot. The one round I played after doing that was flawless. I don't recall if the watch has to be on or off when starting this process. If you don't see the "Factory Reset" option at the bottom of a small list after releasing the crown button, try it the other way. 

"To reset your watch hold down the crown button top right, you will see firstly the screen going blank, after that you will see the X5 logo appear on screen, finally you will then see a screen with options. You can let go of the crown button now.

Press the crown button twice until 'Factory Reset' is selected. Then press the bottom right button to confirm this selection. Your watch will now reboot with the factory firmware.

Please connect the watch to the app and sync the latest firmware onto the watch before playing again."

You won't have to redo Bluetooth connectivity, but after the firmware update, which takes a bit of time, you will have to go through the initial setup just like when it first came out of the box.

Yup - that's what I had meant. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

One thing that they said in the future would be dogleg distance - that's something that would be on the top of my list

That is supposed to be a feature on the X5 .. if available, can be found on the Layup screen .. have it for my course so possible it's not available (yet?) for yours..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That is supposed to be a feature on the X5 .. if available, can be found on the Layup screen .. have it for my course so possible it's not available (yet?) for yours..?

Haven't tried it yet - but will have a chance today. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I would assume identifying a dogleg requires some mapping. Shot Scope claims to have 36,000+ courses mapped, so I would guess it might take a while for all the courses to show that. Doglegs appear on the layups screen which comes after the hazards screen, so two swipes left.

Has anyone used the unlock feature for a full round? I'm tempted to try it today as it would eliminate a step. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 5/12/2023 at 10:02 AM, dgbarar said:

"I put in a course update last year stating that back and front nine on a course I play regularly needed to be reversed.  They seemed to have difficulty with the concept.  Course has still not been updated.  I put in another request to reverse the front and back nine on the same course two weeks ago and have yet to read back from them."

I'm sorry to read this; I had the same happen at my Home course 2 years ago. They had the 9s switched/remapped before my next round the next weekend.

Then again, 2 years ago, they weren't on a push for new product launches & trying to catch-up from glitches that many NPIs (new product introductions) incur 😞

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Has anyone used the unlock feature for a full round? I'm tempted to try it today as it would eliminate a step. 

I've thought about it but haven't done it yet. I have gone in and disabled both the clock and golf lock options in preparation for my next round. Unfortunately, it won't be until at least Tuesday. Let us know how it works out for you.

Played 18 with the X5 today. All in all it seemed to go well. I didn't undo the lock button as originally planned - just forgot to do so, FYI one small operator glitch  - especially coming off the V3: we have 3 - 9's so at the turn you have to select the back 9 that you're going to play. Obviously on the V3 you select the correct 9 and you're good to go. I selected the correct back 9, but after my drive I saw the watch face vs distance to FMB, it quickly occurred to me that I forgot to select the scoring menu items - my bad.   So here's my take after downloading the round.

1. Battery level was 45% after end round

2. I had 4 or 5 holes where it showed me driving off the wrong tee box - one behind me. That's never happened on either the X5 or the V3. before. 

3. GPS acquisition was pretty quick as well as course download. I didn't time it but it was seconds vs. minutes

4. Two holes showed the wrong par; a 4 that should be a 3 and a 3 that should be a 4. EDIT: This isn't an X5 issue as I checked previous V3 rounds and the same  happened

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hey all - quick question - has anyone used the new x5 tags with the v3 watch? Any feedback if so? Better? Same? 

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

2 hours ago, golferguy2727 said:

Hey all - quick question - has anyone used the new x5 tags with the v3 watch? Any feedback if so? Better? Same? 

I have used the new tags with the V3 for two rounds and saw no difference, but I never had issues with the V3 recognizing the old tags, either. Depending on the individual, someone who has experienced missed shots with the V3, perhaps because of the way they grip the clubs, they might see some difference.

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I don't have mine locked at all and don't have any problems. But I do have to wear it a little bit higher on my wrist than a normal watch.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

One thing I did forget to mention that occurred during my round yesterday is that at one point I had a ! point appear in the scoring widget. I did have the scoring option on so I figure that at some point I had made an error. I could not find it in the manual. 

Men's group tomorrow - so I'm going into settings today to turn off the lock feature. I will be using the scoring function tomorrow as well.   

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

during my round yesterday is that at one point I had a ! point appear in the scoring widget

From what I have seen others indicate, you may have missed entering a score on a hole. I don't use the scoring feature, so I can't say for sure.

From what I have seen others indicate, you may have missed entering a score on a hole. I don't use the scoring feature, so I can't say for sure.

I don’t believe the ! Is related to the score feature. I use scoring all the time and haven’t seen that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

One thing I did forget to mention that occurred during my round yesterday is that at one point I had a ! point appear in the scoring widget. I did have the scoring option on so I figure that at some point I had made an error. I could not find it in the manual. 

That's popped up on mine a few times, but I just assumed I missed a score. Be interesting what anyone finds out about it. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

I'm positive the ! is to indicate that you missed putting a score into a hole. I used the scoring once and had it happen a couple of times which prompted me to go back until I saw where it was wrong and fix it.

For the time being, I think the scoring option is a waste of time until it syncs with the swings and recorded putts or somehow overrides the score the watch thinks you made.

On a positive note, I missed 2 shots yesterday, one was a putt from off the green and the other was me not recording 2 putts on the green.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm positive the ! is to indicate that you missed putting a score into a hole. I used the scoring once and had it happen a couple of times which prompted me to go back until I saw where it was wrong and fix it.

For the time being, I think the scoring option is a waste of time until it syncs with the swings and recorded putts or somehow overrides the score the watch thinks you made.

On a positive note, I missed 2 shots yesterday, one was a putt from off the green and the other was me not recording 2 putts on the green.

Good point. I have been using the scorecard options for years with my old Garmin, and it never synced with my shots. That is when I realized it's a scorecard not a shot tracker. It would probably cause more problems by counting ghost swings.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

From what I am reading it looks like the issues with the X5 are being addressed, though perhaps slowly.  I am wondering if it is now time to buy?  I believe I will put it on my 'wish list' for fathers day. In that way, if I receive one as a gift, and it turns out to be a disappointment, at least I will not be out the cash!  🤣

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

From what I am reading it looks like the issues with the X5 are being addressed, though perhaps slowly.  I am wondering if it is now time to buy?  I believe I will put it on my 'wish list' for fathers day. In that way, if I receive one as a gift, and it turns out to be a disappointment, at least I will not be out the cash!  

Lol...Yes, customer service is working to address the current issues. I'm hoping a firmware will be dropped this week. A fathers Day gift would be a good idea. If you search the forum, I believe there is a $30 day offs code somewhere.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

6 minutes ago, nupezb said:

Lol...Yes, customer service is working to address the current issues. I'm hoping a firmware will be dropped this week. A fathers Day gift would be a good idea. If you search the forum, I believe there is a $30 day offs code somewhere.

For $30 off I will certainly look around

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Played18 today and some additional feedback:

I disabled the lock and had no issues - it also eliminated a number of steps throughout the day. So I'm going to keep that feature disabled. 

I do like the scoring function both for putts and total strokes for the hole. I did get a ! today but don't remember when it occurred. I don't know if it's related to confirming the score since if you select scoring unless you change it, it defaults to the # for GIR and 2 putts. 

However, the watch did crash after the third hole - it defaulted to the clock face. I didn't realize it until after my tee shot, and to not hold up the group fiddling with it, I waited til the next hole to fix it. Both gps and the course came up quickly so it didn't delay me on the tee box. Note the watch has crashed before and I did reinstall the firmware before my last round on Saturday. 

Lastly I did have a course mapping issue unrelated to the watch in that a hazard is not marked. But that's an issue I can deal with at a later time. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I realize this thread is primarily focused on Shot Scope's shot tracking products, but did anyone pull the trigger on a range finder when MGS had the $50 off promo recently? I ordered the L2 and haven't received anything yet. I sent a message to Customer Support but haven't heard back. Was just curious if anyone else is in the same boat.

EDIT: A little more info... Ordered 5/2 and the last update I received was 5/5 saying my order was accepted and being processed for shipping with expected shipping times to the US being 3-7 business days. I sent the message to SS requesting a status update on 5/13.

Even if you didn't order a rangefinder using the MGS promo code, I'd love to hear from anyone that has ordered direct from SS. I bought my H4 from Amazon so I really don't know what to expect. I do know they sold out of the Pro L2, but I would expect communication and the option to cancel if I'm waiting for a unit on backorder. Seeing as I placed my order shortly after receiving the email from MGS HQ, I'd like to think that is not the case.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I've played a couple more rounds with the watch and every time the when I go to sync my score, the watch score and the app score are different.  And once my actual score was a third number, lol.  Of course, that's all user error.  While I want to like the scoring feature, until it actually keeps score and isnt reliant on me, its not too useful to me.

On the plus side, I don't think I've had the watch crash on me, and the courses are loading faster than before.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I've played a couple more rounds with the watch and every time the when I go to sync my score, the watch score and the app score are different.  And once my actual score was a third number, lol.  Of course, that's all user error.  While I want to like the scoring feature, until it actually keeps score and isnt reliant on me, its not too useful to me.
On the plus side, I don't think I've had the watch crash on me, and the courses are loading faster than before.

Interesting I have not had that issue with the scorecard feature. Looks like another potential bug.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

5 minutes ago, nupezb said:

Interesting I have not had that issue with the scorecard feature. Looks like another potential bug.

No, not a bug, its just me messing up.  I had an instance where I missed a couple strokes while updating my score on the watch.  When I went to sync, the score was updated because the tags had been working correctly.  Then when I went to edit post-round, I found it had missed a stroke because of a second bunker attempt.  All of which is a mostly convoluted way of saying I'm a dope.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I played my 2nd round after doing the complete factory reset. I played with it unlocked, and moved it just a little farther up my arm so that the glove would not interfere with it. The performance was flawless! It was also much easier accessing various screens by just pushing the crown button and getting last shot distances just by tapping on the club.

11 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I played my 2nd round after doing the complete factory reset. I played with it unlocked, and moved it just a little farther up my arm so that the glove would not interfere with it. The performance was flawless! It was also much easier accessing various screens by just pushing the crown button and getting last shot distances just by tapping on the club.

Glad to hear it worked well for you. Also just curious if you downloaded and edited the round? If so any issues? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart