GolfSpy_X

Nike Golf Shoe - Rounding Third (or) Playing Golf?

Got to admit when I first saw this I didn't know if I was looking at a baseball cleat or something I would use to tee off with. So I figured I would post this to see what you guys think.

SWEET-SPOT (or) SHANK?

WHAT NIKE HAS TO SAY:

Play your best when the weather is at its worst. Sealed seams and a

zipper-shroud closure keep your feet warm and dry. Super-responsive Zoom

cushioning for all-day comfort. Power Platform support for stability though

impact. Scorpion Stinger spikes for optimal traction.

MORE INFO

Nike-Bandon-Mens-Golf-Shoe-379208_006_A.jpg?wid=500&hei=375&fmt=jpeg&

They're actually really great. And it's not like people can even really tell you're wearing them because if you're normal, you're wearing them with rain pants. I live in the PNW and the Bandons are easily the best winter shoe you can buy.

Nobody is gonna be that guy rocking them with white knee high tube socks and jargo shorts in the summer. Right?

Is there really a large enough market for these shoes? They're horribly ugly IMO and really only useful in more extreme weather, which most golfers prefer to not play. In light rain, any normal water proof shoe will do just fine. I can't remember a single time the water was so deep on the course that I thought to myself, "Wow, I really want to play golf in boots". I'm more likely to go to a course that has better drainage.

This has been out for a while, no? Or is this a new version of it? Either way, I've heard that for extreme conditions or groundskeepers, these are the best thing going. That said, I don't care to play in extreme wet, so I don't see myself adding these to the rotation.

Those are the Bandon's and they're a few years old now. They were actually developed for playing golf at the British courses due to their wet weather conditions nearly all the time. About as waterproof as it gets, but uncomfortable for me. They don't allow one's ankles to roll naturally like you're accustomed to in the swing.

It's an updated version of the Air Gore-Tex Max II that was out about 5 years ago. I still have a pair of these and wear them when it is really muddy on the course. There is no way any water is getting into my foot in these shoes.

KGrHqUOKpgE25nLEFgGBNjo3LrW_3.jpg

It's an updated version of the Air Gore-Tex Max II that was out about 5 years ago. I still have a pair of these and wear them when it is really muddy on the course. There is no way any water is getting into my foot in these shoes.

KGrHqUOKpgE25nLEFgGBNjo3LrW_3.jpg

I like the looks of that shoe.

Is there really a large enough market for these shoes? They're horribly ugly IMO and really only useful in more extreme weather, which most golfers prefer to not play. In light rain, any normal water proof shoe will do just fine. I can't remember a single time the water was so deep on the course that I thought to myself, "Wow, I really want to play golf in boots". I'm more likely to go to a course that has better drainage.

Come and play winter golf in the Pacific Northwest, and you might just change your tune.. Our little shop sells approx 150-200 pair of "winter boots" each season. These are must have equipment if you want to play in the PNW.

This has been out for a while, no? Or is this a new version of it? Either way, I've heard that for extreme conditions or groundskeepers, these are the best thing going. That said, I don't care to play in extreme wet, so I don't see myself adding these to the rotation.

These have been out for a year or so. For anyone considering a pair, a tip.... When trying these on, DO NOT lace them up, only zip them. A few caddies at Bandon Dunes gave me this tip last trip down, and it makes a HUGE difference in how the shoe fits.. Try it and see..

If its that sloppy out. . .oh hell, ya, I'd still be out. Guess I better at these to my list. . .

I actually like the high tops due to I have bad ankles and they would offer me more ankle support. I have considered buying high topped tennis shoes to play in because no matter what brand of shoes I wear my ankles hurt like heck after 18 holes. Maybe some of you can offer some suggestions

If I ever get asked to play golf the go straight to the gym for basketball I might need these. but that's never gonna happen.

I like them.

Unfortunately I move, look and feel older that I really am and would look foolish in such a style and so avoid athletic looking footwear.

Shambles