Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TRUEGolfFit - Show your results!

GolfSpy_APH

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It really doesn't get any better than either of those IF they fit your swing. The Tensei Blue Xlink is in the top 3 shafts every time I demo a driver. Very popular on the LPGA Tour as well. It is one of those middle of the bell curve in almost every way with a mid flex, mid trajectory and mid spin but very, very smooth feeling so it fits a wide range of players. The fact that it produces almost identical performance compared to the AD-IZ and Red Velocore says a lot about how good it is and can be found in many OEM heads as a stock shaft6 or no uncharge custom option. But it is not really a shaft for a hard hitter or aggressive swinger. 

... The biggest problem with the Exotics brand is they tend to sound/feel very explosive with a high pitched signature, and the head shapes and graphics are not pleasing to a traditionalists eyes. David Good the CEO and owner that started Tour Edge in his garage selling only locally in Chicago and the burbs really likes to be different. He does much better World Wide than here in the States. His fairway woods have always had a cult like following. Ahead of his time he introduced the first real hybrid called the  "Lift Off"  Iron Wood that was a cross between a fairway wood and an iron and it is the club that took him out of his garage and into a warehouse with worldwide distribution. 

I guess to be fair, I have not hit the Xlink version, just the Raw version. The Tensei AV series shafts are really good, to be sure, as I always like the AV Raw White in my TSi3. Very interesting about Tour Edge, I did not know any of that. Thanks for the info share, Sam!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

10 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I guess to be fair, I have not hit the Xlink version, just the Raw version. The Tensei AV series shafts are really good, to be sure, as I always like the AV Raw White in my TSi3. Very interesting about Tour Edge, I did not know any of that. Thanks for the info share, Sam!

... De nada amigo. The Blue Xlink is just an updated version of the Blue Raw so very similar and really not a shaft for you from what I have seen in your videos. You're young, strong and more aggressive so at this point in your swing journey so I can see where the Raw White (or Even Flow Black) would be a better fit. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... De nada amigo. The Blue Xlink is just an updated version of the Blue Raw so very similar and really not a shaft for you from what I have seen in your videos. You're young, strong and more aggressive so at this point in your swing journey so I can see where the Raw White (or Even Flow Black) would be a better fit. 

What is interesting is I just got a Ventus TR Blue last week and it is certainly more "bendy" for lack of a better term through the mid section of the shaft, it was producing better numbers and visual dispersion on the range for me last week than the AV White. Absolutely LOVE the feel. It is a 6R as well, which I was a bit leery about because of my swing speed. I was cruising around 107 last week which is way high for what I thought I was around, and getting to 109 without feeling like I was having to try hard. It held up really well, and on good strikes spin was in the 2700ish range. Still would like to try a 6S but love the launch profile and peak height I was getting (according to Mevo).

#LeftyGang

15 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

What is interesting is I just got a Ventus TR Blue last week and it is certainly more "bendy" for lack of a better term through the mid section of the shaft, it was producing better numbers and visual dispersion on the range for me last week than the AV White. Absolutely LOVE the feel. It is a 6R as well, which I was a bit leery about because of my swing speed. I was cruising around 107 last week which is way high for what I thought I was around, and getting to 109 without feeling like I was having to try hard. It held up really well, and on good strikes spin was in the 2700ish range. Still would like to try a 6S but love the launch profile and peak height I was getting (according to Mevo).

... Not surprised at all that it works well for you as the TR Blue is much too stout for my swing. I play the Velo Red which is very popular on the LPGA with sub 100mph smooth swings while the Blue and Blue TR are much more popular on the PGA with more aggressive swings. From Fuji: 

"A powerful combination of stability and feel, TR Blue maintains an ultra-stiff tip section for superior control at impact. Increased torsional stiffness creates a profile with enhanced load capabilities for more aggressive swings while maintaining a smooth overall feel."

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not surprised at all that it works well for you as the TR Blue is much too stout for my swing. I play the Velo Red which is very popular on the LPGA with sub 100mph smooth swings while the Blue and Blue TR are much more popular on the PGA with more aggressive swings. From Fuji: 

"A powerful combination of stability and feel, TR Blue maintains an ultra-stiff tip section for superior control at impact. Increased torsional stiffness creates a profile with enhanced load capabilities for more aggressive swings while maintaining a smooth overall feel."

That is what it is to a tee, too. I feel like I can go after the ball and know exactly where the clubhead is. A great line of shafts, no doubt.

#LeftyGang

Interesting result as I play a variation of the driver recommended for me. And the backup option is the one that I would’ve had my eye on if not for a Cobra actually. 

IMG_0289.png

IMG_0288.png

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Rickie Fowler MB (7-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

photo-203973.jpg.72b2eb1ed527f5bfef6c6f39d952c2f0.jpg Putter: 2015 Queen B 6

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat