Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maxvert driver

tdc1

I got an e-mail touting the Maxvert driver (Todd Kolb/Vertical Line Swing) as the first (or only) driver designed specifically for amateur golfers.  (We can debate that claim separately.)

I was struck by the similarity between its inset shaft and the old Cleveland VAS 792 woods and irons.  I know the 792s are often the butt of jokes on this site (but also fiercely defended).

What I’m curious about is whether or not there is any data (positive or negative) on the effect of inset shaft and the ability to close the clubface at impact.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Have to admit, it looks pretty good at address and I'm sure it does exactly what it says it will do.  Smaller, more draw biased head design with more loft should help the golfers that struggle with the slice to get the face closed faster.

My bag is a revolving door!

• 1 month later...

I purchased the Maxvert Driver a couple of weeks ago and have gone to the range a couple of times and today was first day out on my course. 

I had four purposeful baby draws that were very sweet.  "Best driving round I've had in two years!"

Anyone have in hand photos they can share?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 1 month later...

Could not most of the stated advantages of the Maxvert (heel weighting, upright shaft, closed or offset face, shorter length) be provided by just cutting down or choking up on a name brand draw biased driver? Don’t get me wrong, I’m really interested in the Maxvert but I’m already playing a slice fighter (Ping g430 SFT) club and wondering what the difference may be. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, JayC said:

I purchased the Maxvert Driver a couple of weeks ago and have gone to the range a couple of times and today was first day out on my course. 

I had four purposeful baby draws that were very sweet.  "Best driving round I've had in two years!"

@JayC Curious to hear how things have panned out with the Maxvert Driver if you are willing to share.  Thanks.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

I haven’t tried this driver yet but its design has my interest. As a senior golfer losing distance every year I need some help. I’ve been thinking of a shorter shaft length to help generate more torque. I’ll be interested in following this thread

There was (is) a Speed System driver that’s been around for a few years. I haven’t heard much about it lately, but it was supposed to be for amateur players specifically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought a Maxvert1 driver, senior flex, and just went to hit it at the range today. The visual address of the ball is very cool to start. I was hitting my other driver 180 to 195 at the most. I am 57 just getting back into it and have lost my ball distance for sure. I was hitting the Maxvert1 with a pretty consistent draw 228 to 235 yds. I'm sure as I get more comfortable with it I will see 240 to 250 consistently. Really impressed with this driver, so impressed I just purchased the hybrids. I would recommend these to anyone with a slower swing speed and slice issues.

• 3 months later...

JayC, can you provide an update?

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk