TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 minutes ago, Girldad18 said:

Never watched volleyball really or softball or anything like that.  But now, and hence my handle, I prefer to watch softball over baseball.  I can sit and watch volleyball. 

My stance has always been if its UA, I'll watch it.  I showed up for women's basketball in the early 80s when the "crowds" at Barnhill were more in the dozens. I dial up Hog softball and volleyball and gymnastics from the Casa in NC. GF will even watch gymnastics with me and she is not a sports fan at all.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

My stance has always been if its UA, I'll watch it.  I showed up for women's basketball in the early 80s when the "crowds" at Barnhill were more in the dozens. I dial up Hog softball and volleyball and gymnastics from the Casa in NC. GF will even watch gymnastics with me and she is not a sports fan at all.

The womens sports programs here have been awesome.  We were at the game when they beat UConn a few years ago which was awesome.  Been to several volleyball games as well.  I do tend to stay away from the gymnastics now that my girls are older and not into it.  We have not been to a softball game, but that is on the list.  My youngest plays softball and so I know she'd love to go see them.  But yeah, same, if it is UA then we will watch. 

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1

16 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

There were three ball collisions on the green; two were other guys hitting mine, one was my ball hitting theirs. But that's not the weirdest thing.

Further weirdness from the ball collisions: Chris was chipping from off the green, which at Pinehurst are small and slippery, and he hit it too hard. That puppy was going to roll off the other side of the green -- until it hit my ball and stopped. Then he made the putt for par. An up and down thanks to the collision. I put the ball approximately where it was before contact and missed my putt, which gave Chris the line for his par putt. Definite assist on that par for me, not that that made me feel any better.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

2 hours ago, Girldad18 said:

Will do @Samuel09152 It's strange how things change.  I have always been a sports fan.  Never watched volleyball really or softball or anything like that.  But now, and hence my handle, I prefer to watch softball over baseball.  I can sit and watch volleyball.  They're my girls so of course I want to watch them, but we can sit and watch it on TV all together and it's fine.  Even NCAA women's basketball.  Of course that helps that the SC Gamecocks have been so good for the last several years and I am from SC.  But it is good.  Girls sports are coming along.  Sadly, I never got them too interested in golf.  It's never too late, but their interests were elsewhere and never really had the time and finances to pull them out there with me.  They do make a bad day good though and a great day even better!  

I hear that! Watching my daughter play soccer is like watching the World Cup for me. So much emotional attachment. She’s been playing since she was four, 17 now, and our entire lives have revolved around it since she started.

I am putting the part of your quote down that I highlighted with my list of favorite quotes. That totally nails how I feel about my kid every day.

Best of luck to your daughter getting into the college that she desires. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black