Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Square an offset driver head, possible?

I have a Mizuno Widex ll 12* driver head that I'd like to setup as a strong fairway wood, the head is offset which I don't like so has anyone found a way of squaring up the head? I've been looking for a square head but NO success so far as I want a ladies flex small head, anyone help ??

IMG_20230220_181930.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 2/20/2023 at 7:21 PM, Bang60 said:

I have a Mizuno Widex ll 12* driver head that I'd like to setup as a strong fairway wood, the head is offset which I don't like so has anyone found a way of squaring up the head? I've been looking for a square head but NO success so far as I want a ladies flex small head, anyone help ??

IMG_20230220_181930.jpg

I asked Maltby Golf Forum an FYI no you can't change the HOSEL from offset to square, real shame that because it would be a great head to hit off the fairway...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

25 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I asked Maltby Golf Forum an FYI no you can't change the HOSEL from offset to square, real shame that because it would be a great head to hit off the fairway...

No real surprise there. 

Can't help but think you could find a more recent head that would give you more benefits, the offset you're looking for and still look great. 

Taking the offset off would change lie angle, loft and likely destroy the club. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No real surprise there. 

Can't help but think you could find a more recent head that would give you more benefits, the offset you're looking for and still look great. 

Taking the offset off would change lie angle, loft and likely destroy the club. 

Well I’ve not seen a current small head driver at 12deg, ahh maybe you have yeah? Thanks….

How small is small? 

Taylormade and Callaway have made mini drivers. Other companies have made strong 3 woods. Can't really tell you lofts for sure, but I would think it is more about gapping, flight or shot shape that you would be looking for vs a specific loft?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How small is small? 

Taylormade and Callaway have made mini drivers. Other companies have made strong 3 woods. Can't really tell you lofts for sure, but I would think it is more about gapping, flight or shot shape that you would be looking for vs a specific loft?

Well not sure about mini drivers aren't they normal driver lofts, gapping is not something I do as I carry a half set of irons "6-8-P-S" plus 5wood and driver +putter. I need the small head because I like to hit the 12deg off the deck and short par 4s, my driver off the deck will go anywhere mostly right...

Pretty sure TM mini driver was available in 2 loft heads (adjustable 1.5 either way) 11.5 and 13.5 and Tm has the .75 adjustments or .5 adjustments. Either way could be sometime for you to look at. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Well not sure about mini drivers aren't they normal driver lofts, gapping is not something I do as I carry a half set of irons "6-8-P-S" plus 5wood and driver +putter. I need the small head because I like to hit the 12deg off the deck and short par 4s, my driver off the deck will go anywhere mostly right...

2015 Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 was offered in 12 and 14 degree options.  smaller than driver bigger than 3 wood.

https://pluggedingolf.com/callaway-bertha-mini-1-5-driver-review/

You could also go for a strong 3 wood/2 wood,  they are typically in the 13 degree range

https://holetheputt.com/best-2-wood-buyers-guide/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

2015 Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 was offered in 12 and 14 degree options.  smaller than driver bigger than 3 wood.

https://pluggedingolf.com/callaway-bertha-mini-1-5-driver-review/

You could also go for a strong 3 wood/2 wood,  they are typically in the 13 degree range

https://holetheputt.com/best-2-wood-buyers-guide/

Bugger didn’t think of this style driver, will find one 12deg on eBay. Thanks again…

Does Titleist have mini drivers?

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Pretty sure TM mini driver was available in 2 loft heads (adjustable 1.5 either way) 11.5 and 13.5 and Tm has the .75 adjustments or .5 adjustments. Either way could be sometime for you to look at. 

TM expensive...

7 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

No;  they do strong 3 woods  13 or 13.5 degree

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

TM expensive...

Try aeroburner or sldr.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

No;  they do strong 3 woods  13 or 13.5 degree

I've got a cobra 3wood 15deg turned down to 13.5 and don't like it...

34 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I've got a cobra 3wood 15deg turned down to 13.5 and don't like it...

turning a club down is different that having it as a stock loft.  

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

turning a club down is different that having it as a stock loft.  

I don't understand why, my Otto phlex driver Titleist TS3 is at the lowest loft and it works so well for me?

3 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I don't understand why, my Otto phlex driver Titleist TS3 is at the lowest loft and it works so well for me?

you hit a driver off a tee and other clubs off the ground.   it may not make a difference to you, but typically lie and face angle change which influence how it looks at address and potentially the flight of the ball. 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

you hit a driver off a tee and other clubs off the ground.   it may not make a difference to you, but typically lie and face angle change which influence how it looks at address and potentially the flight of the ball. 

Hmmm makes sense now, sorry memory not good sometimes...