Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

ZL Encore vs Amp

Morning all,

Now that T and the crew have done both reivews for the ZL Encore and the Amp I was curious as to what people thought of both and whether they prefer one over the other?

Both were heavily involved in my recent fitting simply because I love Cobra woods, and the fitter really wanted to show off the differences between them as well as against the older S3.

So, pony up the experiences people. White ZLE, Black ZLE or Silver/Orange Amp?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I personally like the feel of the AMP. To me it feels like a lot more "springy" face and the forgiveness is awesome. I don't like the hard feel of the ZL but gosh does the white ZL look good!

Cobra S2 10.5*

Cleveland QuadPro 13*

Adams A7 3&4 Hybrid

Adams A7 5-PW

Scratch 8620 50*,56*,60*

Nike iC Putter

2012 Ogio Grom XX

Callaway Tour i(x)

FootJoy Contours

For my game, the AMP was better. I think with the correct shaft that driver could be a very strong performer for many people. Has a great sound, a lot of forgiveness, and I think the face provides plenty of pop.

I spent an hour at a Cobra demo day. Wanted so bad to like the Amp.

Ended up with the ZL black 9.5 10 rounds no regrets.

Spending more time on my short game now.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• SPY VIP

For my game, the AMP was better. I think with the correct shaft that driver could be a very strong performer for many people. Has a great sound, a lot of forgiveness, and I think the face provides plenty of pop.

Both are good drivers, but mostly...

What he said.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I find this sort of fascinating actually since Cobra calls the Amp the lower launching and higher spinning head of the two where as all the rage is getting high launch and low spin.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived