Maxfli TOUR X Golf Balls with Max Align Technology - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts here!

@vandyland - Main Post 

@EnderinAZ - Main Post 

@brogies - Main Post 

@knotthead17 - Main Post 

@scotter032Main Post

Gooooood mooooooorning Golf Spies! (In my best Robin Williams radio voice of course) Scott Reinholt here checking in to drop a little education for the nation.

Standing 5'7", weighing in at a robust 200lbs, hailing from Fort Wayne, IN, now residing in St Augustine, FL- FIGHTING to provide you the best in reviews on the MAXFLI X with the new Alignment Arrows... See what I did there?!? A little Michael Buffer to enjoy with your coffee as well. 

In all seriousness, thanks to the MyGolfSpy team for providing the opportunity to review this for everyone. I'm excited to do this and hopefully you'll find it educational and potentially answer all this questions as to whether this is a fit for your games or not. Thank you for the opportunity and apologies for the delay in my "who is this guy?" intro. 

I've been playing golf since 12, so 30 years now. I took lessons at that point in my youth and spent most of my summers walking the course in trying to perfect my game. By 18 I had a very respectable game but never took it any farther due to my involvement and commitment in baseball. I played this through college, and along with some back issues I had to put my golf game to rest until about 2 years ago. I found some resolution to my hereditary issues with my back, and (as John Wick would say) oh yeah I'd say I'm back! At this point I'm trying to get my swing back and control a 20 handicap. My friends never believe I'm an 18 because I do strike the ball well overall, but in the end the score tells all...

20151021_120812_20151021_100813_Original.JPG.7a6a0e22fc3565b13973c85232a9ae31.JPG

This test is an interesting one for me as I currently game the MAXFLI Tour with the standard alignment aid, so if this X Tour with the new arrows can help with aligning my putting and driving it would be glorious. I'm certainly a weekend warrior, a Sunday hacker, a Saturday slapper.... I'm have an obsession with this game and am constantly tinkering around. My wife is either very patient and loves me or is saving up her card for something huge she is looking to get.... I'm getting anxious either way...20240228_121552.jpg.234307800d3cd72cf128aff0a464d9bf.jpg

So that's a little about me. You'll get to know me much better as we put this club to the test. I hope you all have a fantastic Players week and don't hesitate to drop me a comment! 

IMG-20240313-WA0000.jpg.005471fe99dcfb2664c58cf8616468eb.jpg

Edited by scotter032

Hit 'em long!

Scott

Great stuff MGS! Cool to see the ball market have so many good options. Congrats testers! I’ve tested balls before if anyone has questions, let me know ⛳

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Congrats. to this group, looking forward to the comments and reviews.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Wooo hoooo - congrats to the testing team!  Going to be exciting to see how these compare to your current gamer(s).  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats to the testers!  Will be interested to see what everyone thinks.  I just started playing the Maxfli brand. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Congrats to the testers chosen! I’m excited to see if they play as well as they performed in the tests. 

Driver - Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*

3 wood - Taylormade Sim  2 Max 15* - 

5 wood - Taylormade Sim 2 19*- 

4-PW - Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro

50*/54*/58* - Vokey SM9

Putter - Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Congrats and lookin forward to hearing your thoughts! MGS got me hooked on the Maxfli and it’s been my gamer the last 2 years! Just switched from the Tour to the X last fall.

Edited by RDel90

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Congrats testers, can’t say I am a big fan of the look of the alignment but interesting in seeing your thoughts 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Nice! Hit them well everyone and let us know how they play!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Congratulations to the well chosen testers. Now will the balls go straight and true and in the direction they’re aimed. Look forward to the results, comments and insights. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Congrats all! Looking forward to your thoughts on these, as someone who's growing into a fan of the Tour S line. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Congratulations on being selected @vandyland, @EnderinAZ, @brogies, @knotthead17 & @ScramblinMan! The Maxfli balls have been right up there as my favorite for the last few years. Currently gaming the Maxfli Tour S. Have fun with the testing!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Congratulations to all of the testers! Looking forward to reading about how they rolled for you all!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Can't wait to see how this unfolds. Congrats testers and Happy Birdie Hunting!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

Please welcome and congratulate our Maxfli Tour testers!

@vandyland 

@EnderinAZ  

@brogies 

@knotthead17 

@scotter032

Congrats to the testers. Although I play the Tour, a swing change or club change would put me in the Tour X at any moment. I look forward to hear about your experiences with the ball and the new alignment aid. Good luck!!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

4 hours ago, ZackS said:

Congrats testers, can’t say I am a big fan of the look of the alignment but interesting in seeing your thoughts 

... I wish more OEM's would do this. I also don't like any alignment "aids" and find them distracting. Especially a big arrow pointing just left or right of my target when in the fairway or rough if it settles with the alignment aid showing. But I play with others that love an alignment aid and think it is a no brainer to offer each. Like Callaway with the triple track or just pure white/yellow with their Chrome series. Pretty awesome Maxfli is doing it and cool for the MGS testers that like alignment aids. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I wish more OEM's would do this. I also don't like any alignment "aids" and find them distracting. Especially a big arrow pointing just left or right of my target when in the fairway or rough if it settles with the alignment aid showing. But I play with others that love an alignment aid and think it is a no brainer to offer each. Like Callaway with the triple track or just pure white/yellow with their Chrome series. Pretty awesome Maxfli is doing it and cool for the MGS testers that like alignment aids. 

Totally agree they should all offer both options. I am actually someone that uses the side labels on the ball to set alignment when putting but find when it gets much bigger then that I focus on it to much and try and guide the stoke and distance control suffers. I am actually planning on trying the Pix or Tru track balls as I can still get just the side stamp for the small alignment and feed back on roll from the design. At this point I am thinking the only way I stay in the $50 plus dollar range it will be for one of those for the feedback. If not and stick with a traditional design I plan to look at either the Maxfli Tour X or Mizuno RB Tour X in the $40 range or Srixon's when I can catch the buy 2 get one sales they seem to do a few times a year. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I'm with you 100% Sam!  The "alignment aids" on those Maxfli balls are not at all attractive to me; in fact, they would be a distraction.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

7 hours ago, ZackS said:

I have to agree that I'm not immediately sold on it, but ready to give it a go with an open mind! 

Untitled design-3.png