3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looked like a good morning for you to be out and that 45 footer sounds awesome! Love the picture. 

Thanks!  I forgot to mention earlier that I had a par-saving one putt on 18 from 23 feet😁.  Must say the DF 2.1 acquitted itself quite well from long range today.

• Like 3

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

Thanks!  I forgot to mention earlier that the par-saving one putt on 18 was from 23 feet😁.  Must say the DF 2.1 acquitted itself quite well from long range today.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of watching a long range putt finding the bottom of the hole. 

• Like 3

Not sure you can call what I did “playing golf.” More like “flailing at little balls in the grass with long sticks.” This is a hard game to get good at playing at most a couple times a month. Had a beautiful Maine fall day here in Florida, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Started off with a crisp 36 degree and foggy morning and was quickly 5 over par after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with a 82.  Too many mental errors in my game right now.  Can't remember the last time I shot my handicap.  It froze at 7.0 at the end of November and I don't believe I've had a decent round since.  To be fair, I'm not doing a lot of practice in this colder weather, either...so there's that.

• Like 9

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Started off with a crisp 36 degree and foggy morning and was quickly 5 over par after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with a 82.  Too many mental errors in my game right now.  Can't remember the last time I shot my handicap.  It froze at 7.0 at the end of November and I don't believe I've had a decent round since.  To be fair, I'm not doing a lot of practice in this colder weather, either...so there's that.

Well, started off with a crisp 36º and foggy morning and was quickly 4 over after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with an 82.  However, I didn't have any mental errors... OK, may be a couple.  🙄  I had one no-putt birdie and 3 doubles.  At least we celebrated my birdie with a shot of Wild Turkey Honey Sting (thank you @fozcycle).

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Temp was 44* and we had a light crowd(25). My play was horrible, pulling approach shits to left bunker, then could not get out! Usually my ball was under the upper lip. I shot 46/45:91 with only one birdie (#7).

No golf tomorrow, SWMBO has a contractor coming to demo our pool bath and we will have a frost delay with Temp in low to mid 30’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey, your playing that's good considering what you were dealing with a few weeks ago!

44/42 at Mesa Del Sol for me today which included 3 OB's 🤬.  Winds were not quite as bad as forecasted but still very brisk and made for some fun shots.  Shotscope V2 had the blue flag on the par 3 #5 at 148 and directly into the 15+mph wind.  My windage adjustment put it at 158.  That would normally have me at a flush 7i or average strike a 6i.  Because the backside has a bunch of ball grabbing Oleander bushes, I chose the 7i, pressed forward a wee bit more than normal and caught it very well. I was able to 3 putt from 14 feet 😕.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

49 minutes ago, revkev said:
Played today for the first time this year - 41-42 83 sounds terrible but it’s been two weeks since I’ve be swung a club and it was a lovely 52 degrees, breezy and still ridiculously wet for this time of the year here

I know 52 sounds great to many of you but one of the guys we played with just moved here from PA and he couldn’t believe how cold it felt. If Kenny peeks at this it was a very similar day to the one we played on when you were here.

It felt good to get out. I’m just so busy because of additional pressures from COVID. We also had our third death from it this week

Yes sir, even being from MI, 52 windy and wet is still 52 windy and wet, never good.

Very sorry for all of you who have lost loved ones.  

Sent from my SM-A716U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Edited by SlowNLow
  • Like 4
Temp was 44* and we had a light crowd(25). My play was horrible, pulling approach shits to left bunker, then could not get out! Usually my ball was under the upper lip. I shot 46/45:91 with only one birdie (#7).

No golf tomorrow, SWMBO has a contractor coming to demo our pool bath and we will have a frost delay with Temp in low to mid 30’s.

Can I assume “pulling approach shits” is intentional? Seems appropriate.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

7 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Thanks!  I glanced up as I was retrieving my ball, and said to myself, "that's cool, I gotta get a pic"

As soon as I saw that pic, I thought to myself... That would make a great license plate for the front of my car.  Great photo, thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

The covid situation up on Long Island was so bad my plans were changed and I got back to Myrtle Beach way sooner than I thought I would.

Got home Wednesday night and played my first round of golf in almost a month today. Considering I hadn’t touched a club since I left, I was happy with an 85 on the Barefoot Norman course today.

It was a weird day. Not a lot of really good shots, but very few really bad one either. The driver distance wasn’t what I’d like to see, and the irons(other than a 165 yard 6 iron to 4 feet for a birdie and CTP) weren’t really sharp, but my short game and putting were pretty good.

My team took front, back, and total to sweep the pot ($120 each) and that ctp got me another $20, so it was a profitable day on the links, lol.

• Like 8

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

@chisag had to chuckle about your comment "I'm really not that bad"....reminds me of the guy that, after playing a few holes with someone he doesn't know, asks "what's your handicap?"  Then, after hearing the guy's reply, mutters "guess we'll just have to take your word for that" 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I always tell golfers that are self conscious that nobody cares how you play as long as you keep up and are pleasant company. On the first hole today, I really put that to a test. I have a 1:36 tee time but come early and the starter tells me he can't get me out early because he is booked with 4somes solid til 1:42. It is 12:15 so I just putt a little and my back is really stiff but I don't want to stretch and warm up only to wait and get stiff again. Starter yells "SAM!" (always a good idea to befriend the starters) and it turns out one of the guys that teed off got an emergency phone call and had to leave so you know the drill ... hurry up and hit while 3 guys that have already hit are waiting. They are in also carts and I am walking. 

... So I rush to the tee, stiff and cold and push/fade a tee shot into the edge of the range. Guys are very cool and say take another. I then hit a low left pull that ends up in the bunker on 2. By the time I get to my ball they are waiting in their carts with all 3 balls in the fairway. I am right against the lip and can only advance the ball about 25 yds. They all hit and are on the green waiting for me as I air mail the green long and left from 125!?! I get to my ball sitting down and proceed to blade my LW over the green, past their heads and in thorn trees on the other side. I am not sure I ever played a hole that bad Deven when I first started playing. 🤪

... I tell the guys I am done and wait for them to finish putting. They tell me to drop a ball and see what the greens are like and I hit a putt from 30 feet to a tap in an d they are all supportive and say "there ya go! great speed and a very good putt!" I know they were being supportive but I felt like an idiot and wanted to blurt out "really guys, I am not this bad" because that would be exactly what someone that really is that bad would say. When I bladed that LW past their heads I had a better understanding of someone that rarely plays, hacking it around and getting paired up with good golfers. I played the next 17 holes at -1 and we got along great and they invited me play together again. So while I know I should have taken my own advice that nobody cares how you play, I felt like a complete idiot playing that first hole. What a humbling game this is...

Many of us hackers have gotten used to rushing to the 1st tee without a warmup, so we are not all that flustered with a bad shot or two.  Nice recovery on the next 17!!

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Played today for the first time this year - 41-42 83 sounds terrible but it’s been two weeks since I’ve be swung a club and it was a lovely 52 degrees, breezy and still ridiculously wet for this time of the year here

I know 52 sounds great to many of you but one of the guys we played with just moved here from PA and he couldn’t believe how cold it felt. If Kenny peeks at this it was a very similar day to the one we played on when you were here.

It felt good to get out. I’m just so busy because of additional pressures from COVID. We also had our third death from it this week

I'm not coming back in January!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

It's warmer here in the PNW.  We had no frost delays this past week, and none are forecasted as temps soar into the 50's by Tuesday.

• Like 3

67CFF14C-5D18-4B0B-BAD6-0667FE6B6B5E.jpeg.3c0aae942eaa8babb9116d56c74512ff.jpeg

Trying to ease myself back in, so I only brought two clubs to the range yesterday and hit very few shots. Off to a good start though! Back feels good this morning, which is what really matters the most. 

Struggled with a lot of shots just towards the heel of center. I think I need to work on my right leg from the transition through impact. I’m not getting my weight off that leg correctly, and I’m ending up the slightest bit outside in. Time for a lesson!

• Like 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Many of us hackers have gotten used to rushing to the 1st tee without a warmup, so we are not all that flustered with a bad shot or two.  Nice recovery on the next 17!!

... I hear ya. A bad back prevents me from standing in place and hitting balls before I start a round but I always spend about 5 minutes stretching and doing some jumping jacks to get the blood flowing and loosen up before I start playing. This time just caught me off guard. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

First round in 21 and first round in about a month.   First hole of the year provided an eagle opportunity and tap in birdie.  Ran off 6 straight pars followed by a double and a par to finish the first 9 at +1.   The wheels fell off on the second 9 with 1 par, 2 doubles and 6 bogeys.  36/47:83.   7FW, 5 GIR, and 28 putts.  Only a few "bad" tee shots and iron play was a bit off.  Short game was working on the front 9 but became miserable on the back.  Kind of lost focus on the back 9 and think I was trying too hard to play better after a few bad holes.   As a bonus,  I made it home in time to watch the final Bears game of the season. 

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG