How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

The best part was this sun setting photo on #9. It just spoke to me in silence how grateful I am to be out here, able to play and enjoy this sport.

20240528_064912.jpg.80c3b5dac86a89446ff7de250d484108.jpg

Seriously, one of the best things about golf. Love it!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Found a TM Taco ball today- never seen one before-

looked it up and got this hit.. $11.99… for 1…

IMG_3546.png.722fb6f1f538664600e67c4a449ae84d.png

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Got to share here the round from the last Saturday. As background, I started to play golf last year May and progress has been steady and going forward quite nicely. Last summer I was getting some sort of consistency even though the results were not exceptional yet. I was playing normally a bit over 100 strokes a round, broke 100 couple of times. 

After the season, in the winter time I went lot to the simulator and practiced my swing. The season started this year at the end of April / beginning of May. The first rounds were already quite promising and I played my best round, 93 quite soon. However, the Saturday was something exceptional. For some reason, everything felt more or less automatic and everything just clicked. I played 81 which was 16 under my handicap. On one hole, there was a downhill put for eagle that ended up being a par. I guess that breaking also 80 with that round would have been too much 😀 However, basically all my targets for this summer were crushed in one round and the feeling during the round and after it was euphoric. I had already quite good spark on the game but this amplified it even more. I bet that next rounds will not be always as good as that one but it was nice to see the potential that is in me.

• :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Max 10.5° driver - Graphite Design Tour AD CQ-6 X
  • :cobra-small: Aerojet 5w - MCA Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
  • :cobra-small: Cobra LTDx 4h - KBS PGI 85 Stiff
  • :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW - KBS Tour Lite Stiff
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 50° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
  • :wilson_staff_small: Model 56° - Dynamic Gold 120 S300
  • JAG Blade Putter (Finnish microbrand)

Interesting evening in league last night.... Driver was not terribly sharp again, but approach and short game were pretty stout. Putting was kind of iffy - I got there late and only got to roll a few putts before we tee'd off, so distance control was terrible. At the same time, I made a lot in the 5-7 foot range. I only hit one solid drive all night and ended up in a pond. 3rd shot into a greenside bunker, up and down for a bogey. Almost every other drive was a weird, heal-y slider that was low and short. I guess the good thing about them being short was they couldn't reach as much trouble. All told, I ended up with 5 pars and 4 bogies with two of the bogies being 3-putts 🤬 (one was bad, the other from really long range). Once again, I had GIR's on all three par 3's, which almost never happens. Anyway, happy with another 39 (+4) given the way I was getting off the tee. I'm playing with @DiscipleofPenick Friday afternoon - we are going to figure out what I am doing with driver. I thought I had it figured out a couple weeks ago, but apparently not. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

16 minutes ago, TuukkaH said:

Got to share here the round from the last Saturday. As background, I started to play golf last year May and progress has been steady and going forward quite nicely. Last summer I was getting some sort of consistency even though the results were not exceptional yet. I was playing normally a bit over 100 strokes a round, broke 100 couple of times. 

After the season, in the winter time I went lot to the simulator and practiced my swing. The season started this year at the end of April / beginning of May. The first rounds were already quite promising and I played my best round, 93 quite soon. However, the Saturday was something exceptional. For some reason, everything felt more or less automatic and everything just clicked. I played 81 which was 16 under my handicap. On one hole, there was a downhill put for eagle that ended up being a par. I guess that breaking also 80 with that round would have been too much 😀 However, basically all my targets for this summer were crushed in one round and the feeling during the round and after it was euphoric. I had already quite good spark on the game but this amplified it even more. I bet that next rounds will not be always as good as that one but it was nice to see the potential that is in me.

Wtg!!! Congrats on the PB!  

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, TuukkaH said:

However, basically all my targets for this summer were crushed in one round and the feeling during the round and after it was euphoric. I had already quite good spark on the game but this amplified it even more. I bet that next rounds will not be always as good as that one but it was nice to see the potential that is in me.

Very nice!!! That was a great jump in progress .. hope it continues for you, but even if it doesn't enjoy the game!!

57 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm playing with @DiscipleofPenick Friday afternoon - we are going to figure out what I am doing with driver. I thought I had it figured out a couple weeks ago, but apparently not. 

Yeah you probably did - then... But this is now and this is... G.O.L.F. 🤦‍♂️ Good luck!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll RR5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Absolute mixed bag of nuts on this one.  Took me 4 holes to sort my damn driver out. So many recovery shots from under 150yd just to get back in play.  My nemesis hole also killed me (18).  I was pretty sore from working on my car for two days lol.IMG_9180.png.ee9e3eb2d3d4f3a0c23333e32c351bc5.png

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Found a TM Taco ball today- never seen one before-

looked it up and got this hit.. $11.99… for 1…

IMG_3546.png.722fb6f1f538664600e67c4a449ae84d.png

@Sluggo42, I will check our pro shop..99% sure I saw them in there. If so, I could grab a dozen for you and would be happy to send them your way. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

I was able to play 9 holes last Friday in preparation of a family outing on Saturday, with a new driver, Ping G425 Max. It neither helped nor hurt during this 9 holes. I hit it mostly solid but could never get it on line. I managed to shoot a 39 (+3) with 19 putts, thankfully, I two-putted each of the par 5s for birdie, otherwise it would have been rough. I narrowly missed a 12 foot downhill eagle on the first, but i hit it about 4 feet by. After that, I gave nothing over 5 feet a decent chance, including a 3-putt from 35 feet on 6, and no giving an 8 footer on 7 a chance for birdie. Iron play was very solid for me, finding 6 of 9 greens.

My oldest daughter (6) begged all afternoon to go to the golf course that day after I got home. We got to the range to found several balls left, so she had field day trying to hit them all. She got the ball airborne regularly, and she carried a couple 50+ yards. I took a few of the range balls to work on the new driver to see if I could figure out the setup to get it on target. I hit probably 15-20 solid shots with my normal mid height fade, but still struggled getting it to start on my intended line. Probably a personal issue as I rarely, if ever, work on setup and ball position. Nevertheless, I felt comfortable with the ball flight. Saturday's round (details below) was not as comfortable with the driver and cost me a few strokes. 

That brings me to our annual Memorial Day family event. We can have up to 15-20 people with us and most play, but only a few of us are competitive about our score. Three of us placed a small bet before starting and we were off to play in soggy conditions with casual water on most of the course. That is close to where the fun stopped for the day, for me. I had good looks for birdie on 1 and 2, short par 4 and short par 5. Left over from Friday's round, I hit these with little conviction. No. 2 was the first driver of the day, and it was similar to the previous day, off line but playable. On 3, I had about 5 feet for par, and I finally had good pace and line. It rolled over the edge for a bogey. Very disappointing to be +1 through 3 with the putts I had missed. Not only did it not get better, it got worse on the front 9. A 3-putt on 5, not a good look for birdie on 6, shortish par 5, OB on 7 and 8, but salvaged a bogey on 9 after 2 chunks to keep from closing with 3 doubles. A 44 (+8) with 18 putts, 1 fairway and 3 greens.

Going into the back 9, I was down $10 and had no confidence in my game. Holes 10-13, I managed to be even, thanks to good shots around the green, and 1 good putt. After this, I was thinking, I can at least make some money back with a short par 4 and short par 5 coming up. Made par on 14, and destroyed my hope on 15 by bogeying going into the closing stretch which is the toughest part of the course, finishing bogey, bogey after a drop, par. I closed the back with a 37 (+3) with 12 putts, 1 fairway and 1 green. 

Not sure when my next round will come, but I need it ASAP, to get the taste out of my mouth and get some swings in with the new driver. I imagine I will figure the driver out, as with any new relationship, it takes some work.

Jacob

Attempted to play a tournament last weekend.. Somehow my golf game has left me, other than my short game. everything has been terrible.
Need to regroup, and try again maybe this weekend and get a round in. 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

2 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Attempted to play a tournament last weekend.. Somehow my golf game has left me, other than my short game. everything has been terrible.
Need to regroup, and try again maybe this weekend and get a round in. 

Hopefully those moments are quickly fleeting !  

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

15 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Shoulder held up well and got a full 18 in. Shot a 4 over 76 with 10 FW and 10 GIR.  Birdied my least favorite hole, the par 5 15th. 

20240529_145138.jpg.b28711f4db3a4c6882d3aeb5148531c1.jpg

Glad to hear the shoulder held up…hopefully the healing continues!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Glad to hear the shoulder held up…hopefully the healing continues!

It's got to and I just keep working on rehab for it. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

38 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Shoulder held up well and got a full 18 in. Shot a 4 over 76 with 10 FW and 10 GIR.  Birdied my least favorite hole, the par 5 15th. 

20240529_145138.jpg.b28711f4db3a4c6882d3aeb5148531c1.jpg

Good to hear the shoulder is improving Josh. 

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Shot 43/39:82 today with no birdies.

FIR 5/14 36% GIR 7/18 39% Puts 32 Up & Down % 46%

Otherwise a great day.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

17 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Played Durand Eastman today. This is Robert Trent Jones’ first course and of all his designs, this one is a fun walk through Irondequoit, NY on Lake Ontario. 

It’s a county course and in peak season costs $16 to walk. Yes you heard that correctly. 

Shot 80, 8/14 fairways, 8/18 greens and 31 putts. 

I hit the ball really well but could not for the life of me put it all together. 3, 3 putts is close to becoming the end of days for the broom. 

One highlight among many was my approach to 13. 439 dogleg left. I had a downhill lie off a mound with the ball above my feet and hit an 8 iron from 160 to here. Missed the putt which was on brand for me today. 

IMG_5174.jpeg

Some additional photos from today…

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5175.jpeg

Looks like a nice course and can’t beat that price!  Pay double that around here and aren’t nearly as green as that.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, William P said:

Good to hear the shoulder is improving Josh. 

Thank you sir. I'm glad it's getting better as well. I don't sit still well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

13 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Looks like a nice course and can’t beat that price!  Pay double that around here and aren’t nearly as green as that.

It’s a really great test. I am halfway through this book which discussed in depth how this course came to be. 

IMG_5185.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

I did it boys! MY FIRST HOLE IN ONE!

Congrats.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

32 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

I did it boys! MY FIRST HOLE IN ONE!

My only green in regulation the whole night, played awful....but it only takes one! Hard hole, tight, 185 yards, 6 iron. One of the toughest par 3s in our area (Skenandoah). Pitched a foot or so behind the hole and spun back in the hole. I refused to believe it but it actually happened. I've been playing golf 30 of my 36 years on this planet, being around scratch the last 5 years and honestly never thinking it would happen and it happened.

Bar bill wasn't too bad, about $200.

20240529_190703.jpg

PXL_20240529_231424481.jpg

PXL_20240529_230728903.jpg

Congratulations!!!  I'm still not on board with the whole idea that YOU buy everyone's round, considering it is they Who should be celebrating your achievement!!