How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Holy moly. What a meltdown at league today. Totally befuddled as far as why it went so wrong. I guess it's just golf. I couldn't even get mad cause it didn't make sense. Four double bogies, 3 pars, 2 bogies. Just one of those days, I guess.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Morning Golfers getting excited, I have booked a tee time for tomorrow at KN Links golf course in Vietnam. I’ll be taking pics during the round and posting them and my score (depending on how I play lol) after. 

Edited by Sharp.shell

Hi all so in my bag I'm carrying!

Driver Taylormade Sim 2 max 9deg

3wood Titleist TRS

Fairway Sim 2 Max 3 Rescue 19deg

IRONS Taylormade DHY 2 iron and Taylormade Stealth 4 to AW

Putter Odyssey White hot #9

Balls Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV / Taylormade TP5.

GPS Bushnell Phantom II

Rangefinder Mileseey PF260

I think I've come to the conclusion that the less golf I play, the better I am.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

17 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I am the opposite.  I'd rather play then use the range!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

19 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I am willing to be the worst version of me. 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I am the opposite.  I'd rather play then use the range!

I think it's just hitting in general lol. The more I play or go practice, the more swing thoughts I get in my head and try to work on. I guess I could also blame it on being a head case 🤣

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

26 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I think it's just hitting in general lol. The more I play or go practice, the more swing thoughts I get in my head and try to work on. I guess I could also blame it on being a head case 🤣

Hardly!  There is a reason why GOLF is a 4 letter word!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Dweed said:

Holy moly. What a meltdown at league today. Totally befuddled as far as why it went so wrong. I guess it's just golf. I couldn't even get mad cause it didn't make sense. Four double bogies, 3 pars, 2 bogies. Just one of those days, I guess.

We all have them. Put it behind you and focus on next round.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Three weeks ago, I had my best-ever E on the front in league. Following a couple unspectacular rounds the last two weeks, I shot a PB 38 (+2) on the back last night. There was some luck, there was some skill, there were some missed opportunities, but overall, it was a great night. I decided to update the "Best Ever" thread I create after the even par. Go check it out if you are so inclined.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Got out to play Torrey North yesterday. The course was as beautiful as ever but they just punched the greens so putting was incredibly difficult.

Didn't have my best round. Shot a 98. But I was happy with my first drive of the day.Screenshot_20240521_192503_GarminGolf.jpg.bfb19c5af26c4e5fed60fffc0d29a600.jpg20240521_181827.jpg.bd137c19da88c54b28a0df70a879d69a.jpg20240521_180632.jpg.7fa1d908dd5cbb8def91186a7d75e355.jpg20240521_182823.jpg.d4e05c82be3db460e88e5243397410e3.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

Oye!

all this talk of stinking the place up no matter what you do! That’s the track I’ve been on for a while. So I decided to go back to basics.

fortunately I have a mlm2pro sim in my garage, and I used it to watch what my changes back to basics revealed.

started with a simple stance, and proper ball placement. Then started with just a 1/4 backswing to make sure face was at spine angle. Think of JT’s pre-swing ritual. Then gradually increased it and started hitting balls about 1/2 speed and more. Got a soft little draw going that pleased my eye, and was fairly simple to keep reproducing. One of the thoughts that was working for me (results may vary)was imagining a tennis player sweeping forehand shots .

there is a small , very small, “pause” if you will, when the backswing ends, and the striking swing begins . Almost imperceivable. But it’s at that moment where the club falls into the “slot”, and allows the little “in to out” part to happen. Then you get the baby draw or straight shot. This really worked well with irons, but for some reason I swing my driver much faster, and I still can’t get it to quite fading a bit, so for now I’m just going with that.

So anyways, I shot a 4 over, which included a stupid double on a water hole. Also only had 27 putts, so the up and down game was going too, and the putting was rally solid.

but the whole point, is to quit all the crazy over analyzing your swing and get back to basics

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Shot an 85. This is decent for my skill level. But the ALMOST factor is killing me. Was at a 33 on the back coming into the last hole, par 5. Decent drive into the fairway, then fired my first shank of the day into the woods. Tricky approach and a terrible putt... Triple.

I almost shot my lowest round and lowest 9 holes. A bogey was all I needed... Sigh.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. At least I'm seeing some improvement finally. Put two 5 irons from about 180 to 6 feet or so. Birdied one and left the other short by half a rotation.

Kept it in the fairway or close enough to it and around the green was money with the 58 degree.

Putting. Specifically lag putting killed me!

Back to the range.

Hit em straight.

B

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

First time ever playing golf in the desert and man I had a great time! Played in Chandler, AZ at Whirlwind GC - Devils Claw on Sunday and Cattail on Tues afternoon. Both were fun tracks, shooting an 87/93 respectively.

The thing I did not realize was how the ball flew down there vs the wet air of N Washington. I was hitting 340 and 350 yard drives. I hit my 6i 260 on a hole. It was absolutely crazy to get flight and roll like that. I ended up hitting 2 club difference in my irons due to the carry I was getting.

IMG_8342.png

IMG_8343.png

IMG_8346.png

IMG_8352.png

IMG_8359.png

IMG_8360.png

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I'm in this funny place where the needle has clearly moved in my game and now I'm frustrated about hitting a whole new set of numbers(mid 70s) instead of the low 80s like I was focused on before.  Truth be told though I feel like I shouldn't be complaining because I'm finally sitting inside the scoring zone I've been aiming for since I joined the MGS forum.   😉 

I'm down to an even 9.0 (or will be in the morning) and I've not shot a round north of 87 since March.  So I'm quite pleased with my 38/42 80 today.... and yet.  One 3 putt and two doubles where it felt like my old game decided to remind me that its still in there.  31 total putts (13 front 18 back).  Good driving off the tee, but the rough was thick today and I did not find as many fairways as wanted to.  Decent approach play, but I had a lot of situations where I was not going to get enough club on the ball with the iron I needed to hit so I elected to lay up short.  🤷‍♂️  I thought I did a really good job of taking what the course gave me and not forcing anything.  Until next time.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

19 hours ago, William P said:

We all have them. Put it behind you and focus on next round.

Thanks WP and of course, you are 100% correct. Went out today, same course, same 9, hole locations a little different. I thought wind was going to be my biggest concern.(25mph with gusts of 33) I was generally pretty happy with ball striking today. Actually hit fairways and 5 GIR. Shot 39 which was much better than yesterday for sure. My downfall? I had three, 3 putt greens. Nope wind didn't cause any of it. It was the $%#@^%$ deerflies. I always had 4 or 5 deer flies constantly biting and buzzing my head. Even flying under my eyeglasses when I was putting. Talk about losing my concentration. Not sure if it was the white shirt or not but geez o peez. They were horrible today.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet