Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golfspy_CG2 NEEDS a new Putter---Help!

Help!! I need putter advice!

I know there will be no shortage of that here especially on one particular brand. But i haven't felt comfortable with a putter in the last 6 months Including the following

Scotty 1.5 Flowback-my gamer for the past 2 years.

Odyssey Ai 1 Rossie a couple rounds

PING Shea-a couple rounds

EVNROLL 11 some good days and some really bad ones!! 

MEZZ Max  was good but not great.  Only a month or so with it.   I didn't miss any short putts inside 3 feet, but I didn't make ANY putts in the 10 foot range and I'm usually good for a couple of those a round. 

Look at these stats yesterday.  Yes, I'll take the shame of publicly posting a 49....I deserve it 🙂 

Granted i played on greens that were aerated 24 hours earlier.  Also the lack of greens hit isn't too alarming. I played tees longer than I normally do  and was into a wind all day.  Par 3’s and 1 par 5 were the only ones i was capable of reaching.   And all just barely missed. Driver was excellent (more on that in my driver shootout thread) and hitting 7 fairways and 23 putts just doesn’t work.  If I had a "decent" day putting I would have shot 43 or 44 and been pretty happy.    Call me the Scottie Scheffler of the Forum 🙂 

Ok so lets hear any and all thoughts

IMG_0546.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Putting can be pretty mentally abusive.  In college our mental coach told me something that stuck.  You can only control two things, line and speed.  If you hit the putt on the line you intended and the speed you intended and it didn't go in, then there is nothing more you can do.  Its frustrating, but true.  I would start there if I was you.  Aerated greens are no fun and in my opinion you have a built in excuse.  

For me, you have to find a putter you like the feel of, one you know works and stick with it.  Then it is line and speed.  You cannot be on the course thinking about your putting stroke or golf swing for that matter.  

When I am struggling with this, when I am about to putt and give the hole that last look, I draw a line back to the ball on the intended line with any break and that is what I try to putt on.  Basically visualize it rolling along its intended line and going in.

Now if you are not hitting your line or your speed is way off, then you need to do some work on the putting green.  After all, we have more strokes on the green with our putter than with any other club per round so we should spend a large majority of practice time putting.

Edited by Girldad18

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know there will be no shortage of that here especially on one particular brand. But i haven't felt comfortable with a putter in the last 6 months Including the following

MEZZ Max  was good but not great.  Only a month or so with it.   I didn't miss any short putts inside 3 feet, but I didn't make ANY putts in the 10 foot range and I'm usually good for a couple of those a round. 

Look at these stats yesterday.  Yes, I'll take the shame of publicly posting a 49....I deserve it 🙂 

Granted i played on greens that were aerated 24 hours earlier.  Also the lack of greens hit isn't too alarming. I played tees longer than I normally do  and was into a wind all day.  Par 3’s and 1 par 5 were the only ones i was capable of reaching.   And all just barely missed. Driver was excellent (more on that in my driver shootout thread) and hitting 7 fairways and 23 putts just doesn’t work.  If I had a "decent" day putting I would have shot 43 or 44 and been pretty happy.    Call me the Scottie Scheffler of the Forum 🙂 

IMG_0546.png

Hear me out here check out sub 70 putters or Lombardi putters all good weight and smooth in the mid to long game!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Wait, no one has replied yet?  

I have to tell you I love my Sacks-Parente and I mean I love it and I'm significantly better with it than I have been with a putter in a long, long time - and I was pretty good with the EVNroll - passable with the LAB the issue being I couldn't putt with it from off the green and down here that's death.

The beauty of the Sacks-Parente was that because of the test we agreed that we would game what our fitter recommended - remember the Ping long game test where we had to do the same thing and many of us found that what we were gaming wasn't right?  It was the same eye opener for me with putter.  I'd highly recommend that you at least try an online fitting with them and see what they come up with.  It may be radically different from what you have tried and you might find that it helps.

Obviously there are a myriad of great putters that you can try.  If you aren't finding success on your own perhaps its time to let someone else recommend something for you.

Go Huskies!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My main suggestion is a putter fitting, especially the Edel fitting process is really good in my option. I already thought this but was even more convinced on it after my TPT shaft fitting. Jon Sinclair who did the fitting and has been around the business and the tour for many years said the original Edel putting fitting kit is the best he has seen. The only problem with it he said is on the business side as people were not buying anymore putters after getting fit. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

If you are really frustrated and want to try something different, go with the LeanLock.  Weird but it does work with the proper technique and time put into it.

Matt Dura

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

I've been very happy with the Cleveland HB Soft Milled from last year.  Especially for long putts.  Looks good too.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

2 minutes ago, Girldad18 said:

Putting can be pretty mentally abusive.  In college our mental coach told me something that stuck.  You can only control two things, line and speed.  If you hit the putt on the line you intended and the speed you intended and it didn't go in, then there is nothing more you can do.  Its frustrating, but true.  I would start there if I was you.  Aerated greens are no fun and in my opinion you have a built in excuse.  

For me, you have to find a putter you like the feel of, one you know works and stick with it.  Then it is line and speed.  You cannot be on the course thinking about your putting stroke or golf swing for that matter.  

When I am struggling with this, when I am about to putt and give the hole that last look, I draw a line back to the ball and that is what I try to putt on.

Now if you are not hitting your line or your speed is way off, then you need to do some work on the putting green.  After all, we have more strokes on the green with our putter than with any other club per round so we should spend a large majority of practice time putting.

That's a really good post thanks.  And I agree with it 100%

On a recent PING Proving Grounds Podcast Marty and Shane had Shasa on and they talked about short game and putting in particular.  And I'm going to forget the stat, but we discussed it in MOD Slack Chat,  that the most common reason for missed putts is bad green reading, after that it was speed control.   And down the list were poor contact or something like that.   But the general thought was along what your saying,  if you can read the green (i.e. speed and break) correct your chances of making more putts goes up significantly. 

LAB Golf all the way! I’ve had an armlock DF2.1 with LA Golf shaft for a couple years and love it. I’m seriously contemplating switching to broomstick, either Mezz Max or DF3. Have you contemplated switching methods entirely, like broomstick? When I’ve tried in stores, it really helps me to putt more freely. Also try going with the “heavy” weight setup in the Mezz, might help with the longer putts in feeling the head. And LA Golf or TPT shaft can also help keep the longer putts online. Yes, shaft on a putter is important. All that said, I’m working on my short game proximity to hole. What could be mistaken as poor putting might more accurately be reflected in getting it closer to the hole before the first putt. Oh, and green reading and distance control in general…I’ve been working on learning Aimpoint the past few months and it’s helping a lot with holing more and reducing 3 putts. For whatever it’s all worth 🤣

Driver - Cobra LTDx (44.75in)

3 wood - Cobra LTDx

3 Utility - Cobra King Tec One Length (LA Golf shaft)

4 Hybrid - Cobra Radzone One Length (LA Golf shaft)

6 - A - Cobra Forged Tec One Length (LA Golf shafts)

52, 56, 60 - Cobra Snakebite One Length (LA Golf shafts)

Putter - L.A.B. DF2.1 Armlock (LA Golf shaft)

4 minutes ago, ZackS said:

My main suggestion is a putter fitting, especially the Edel fitting process is really good in my option. I already thought this but was even more convinced on it after my TPT shaft fitting. Jon Sinclair who did the fitting and has been around the business and the tour for many years said the original Edel putting fitting kit is the best he has seen. The only problem with it he said is on the business side as people were not buying anymore putters after getting fit. 

That is the 2nd recommendation for Edel putter fitting, @GolfSpy BOS also suggested it. I do know the local Edel fitter who is only about 30  minutes or so from my course.   

Also @revkev that is very interesting on the SP putter and fitting and you are correct about the PING Long game and having to go with the recommdations.  Often we stick with what is comfortable for us. 

@Girldad18 The reason for my emoji on your reply about Lean Lock is that scares me to death, I tried it once a few years ago out of curiosity not need,  and you might as well told me to try putting left handed that's how much I hated it.  

I feel your pain!  It appears you are a Titleist guy stoke this with a grain of salt is you wish. When nothing feels right sometimes it pays to go away from what you know. See if your course has any Taylormade Spiders you can demo for a week. They feel will be different from those you have tried. This could help or not but it's worth a shot

WITB

Irons Taylormade P790 5 - P

Wedges Titleist Vogel 50,54,60

Driver. Ping G425 Max

Putter Taylormade Spider red

Hybrid Callaway 4

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That is the 2nd recommendation for Edel putter fitting, @GolfSpy BOS also suggested it. I do know the local Edel fitter who is only about 30  minutes or so from my course.   

If you know a local fitter than probably even better. I a fitting at Club Champion which I was happy with but they have their own processes as well so do not do the full Edel process as David Edel designed it. I would still love to do the full process as well to see. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Before I include some options to look at, let me ask something.

What's your process on the greens?
Do you look at the putt from all 4 sides to find the break? Do you use Aimpoint, or at least the foot feeling part? How much pre-round practice to you do to get a feel for the greens that day? Do you use an alignment aid on the ball to point it to your start line? Do you utilize any points long the putt for aim above just the hole (grass color change, piece of dirt, leaf, etc)? Do you do any visualization of the putt once you have your line? Do you do any practice swings before address?

All of these things can help with putting, and although it took a minute to read them all, it usually doesn't take long to have this routine down with practice. It's not so much the putter as the process of reading the putt and setting up to it. Yes, the putter has to help with any stroke irregularities or with distance control on mishits. But ultimately it's you and your process that has the most impact on the putt.

Also, so additional questions.
Have you tried to take notes for where on the face you hit each putt to see if you have any tendencies for mishits? Do you have notes about where your misses generally are (left, right, short, long)?

Stats help with lots of things, and knowing your putting strikes and misses are just as important as knowing your club distances and misses.

I'm going to throw out an off the wall option to think about (that will also be super easy on the wallet) - Maltby Moment putters. The MOI on the Moment X is over 9000! It's a different look and might not be for everyone, but it's worth a look if you think twisting or off-center contact is an issue. It's a thought - https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-moment-x-putter-head/p/ma0295/.

I'm having them build me a Moment X Tour putter with a TrueTemper black steel shaft, SuperStroke Pistol grip and slant hosel all for under $140, assembled. They're also including the SuperStroke weight kit for the grip, free.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I would say check out SP like @revkev mentioned. Everyone had pretty good success after the fitting and trusting the process. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

24 minutes ago, SteveGH7 said:

I've been very happy with the Cleveland HB Soft Milled from last year.  Especially for long putts.  Looks good too.

My answer here as well. Won't break the bank, solid looks and performance. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I went through the same thing. I think spending the money to be fit is money well spent. I went for an Edel fitting only to find I should be using a blade and not a mallet. Switched and feel much better about it. Number of 3 putts has also dropped.

Will Manno

I quote Yogi Berra when it comes to putting “The game is 90 mental and the other half physical”. While the yips and dips of putting are real I have always found putting to be between the ears. If you like what you are seeing when you look down and you feel comfortable over the ball then 99% of the time you will putt it well. Brand doesn’t mean a whole hell of a lot to me. I’ve putted like crap with a Scotty and then gone on insane runs with a blade putter from 1950 that I found in my grandpa’s golf bag. To me it’s about the stroke and whether or not you’re comfortable when you make it. So really it is just about picking which one feels the most comfortable and then just trusting that It will roll in if you put your swing on it.

WITB

Cobra F9 9° Speedback Driver

Callaway Apex UW 17° & 19°

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 21° Hybrid

Callaway Paradym 5-Pw Irons

Cleveland RTX4 52° & 56° Wedges

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback Putter

40 year old Ping Anser.  When I have a putting funk and am too stubborn to practice, it comes off the bench for a month and works a Miyagi miracle on the greens.  Gamer comes back in and all is well.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Take this with a grain of salt becasue I do not know as much as most of the guys mentioning stuff above me. I know that for me, putting is 95% mental. If I do not have confidence in myself, I will not make 1 putt. This was the worst part of my game until about 2 months ago. I would 3 putt everything. I changed putters around the New Year time frame and was still struggling, also. Then I played with a buddy, who watched me putt during a round and on the 5 hole, looked at me and some words I wont post here with "Just look at the d*mn hole, stop thinking, and be an athlete". Did I 1 putt that hole? Absolutely not, but like most of my game I don't just swing or rotate. I go through a check list as I swing. Putting was no different. It hit me to leave the checklist (reading the green, lining up the ball, routine stuff) before the putting. But when I step up to putt, I better putt. I have to trust in myself that I did the rountine stuff right, and then go with it. Live with the outcome. This has changed alot for me. Now my problem is trying to get the ball closer to the flag on approach shots so I am not 2 putting everything, but that is somehting different. 

With that said, my advice is get a putter (use the above suggestions) that makes you confident in what you are trying to accomplish, leave the routine to the routine, execute the putt by trusting yourself, and be "THE BAD MAN ON THE GREENS". 

image.png.6d210948bd6e30f2bc20043d43d7b16c.png

Samuel Hanvey 

@Golfspy_CG2 no worries. Yeah I get it. I was a tester for it and basically feel that you have to put in work for it. The amount of work put into equates to how well you putt with it afterward. My opinion is if you put that much work into your own putting with your own putter you’d improve there too. It’s not a quick fix. 

Matt Dura

not sure what length your using but trying a counterbalanced version with a few extra inches at the top could be helpful...

https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/putters/ai-one-cruiser/putters-2024-ai-one-cruiser-jailbird-db.html#product-specs-anchor

also - since you're a college hoops fan, commentator, radio host and player (at some point) can you recall thinking about technique before you shot the ball? maybe you're getting too technical and you just need to let it flow...

image.png.5f959dfa888d71f5b6e65237229073e6.png

Edited by StrokerAce

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

IMG_0546.png

Here’s my two cents. When did you last feel good about putting? When were you last stroking the best? After you remember those, what putter were you using? Putting is so much more mental than anything else. I don’t know if I’d value the last round you played as a gauge to your putting ability. Aerated greens are extremely difficult to hit the line and speed. Also it’s a new season. For instance my pro buddy just played in AZ and played horrible. He was crushing it in the sim and I had to remind him that sim golfing is different than actual play. I played horrible in Mesquite, then came home and shot a 75. Sometimes we just overthink it. The same can be said for putting as I’m sure you know. I think I’d give it a couple practice sessions with your favorite putter, starting with 4 balls with the first one at 3’ then placing one right behind the other at 2’ increments on the same line. Then do the same thing at 90* increments until you hit 360* around the hole. Do this while focusing on your grip and stance more so than if the ball goes in the hole. This helps you focus more on technique. I don’t know if this is the right answer for you, but I do this every time I get in a putting slump. The last thing I would do is buy a new putter. But if you’re convinced on buying a new putter, don’t be afraid of off brands. I tried a Pyramid putter at a golf expo and probably would have bought it if the rep wasn’t such an A**. I also tried other brands as well, but liked the Pyramid because of it’s alignment feature. (We should test them sometime on MGS.) I also like some of the other brands like PXG, Edel, and Sacks Parente. (Excuse my spelling if I butcher names.) Ping is my gamer and I’ve been with it for almost as long as I’ve been playing golf. I’ve tried other putters but have always found my way back to it. Just my two cents, I hope you find the answer. Good luck!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

@Golfspy_CG2, this may come as a shock, but let’s not look at putters test.   We have talked about putters in the past and you have been pretty devoted to the Scotty.   I’m also going to ignore the aerated greens number of putts.  

let’s break down putting into its skills: aim, stroke, touch, and read.   The putter really only impacts aim and stroke.   Touch is probably the most important skill.  Read is important but obviously not putter related at all…so if your reads are bad a new putter probably won’t help,  

Aim and stroke:   Most people will say this is the easy stuff and anyone can do it.   We still need to develop the skill to aim the putter on the intended line and then make a stroke that starts the ball on that line.  Putter design can help with this,  but your body will still need to be able to perform this task.   Given a straight 8 foot putt, you should be able to make 90+% of them.  This is simply being able to control club face.  I know people will say specific putters will help, but it is more how you hold and move the putter.   From my recent reading some people are stroke oriented and some are face oriented which may influence the putter and configuration.  

Touch:  this is the key to good putting and I’d say it is questionable how much the putter helps.   Center contact is key, so maybe some higher MOI designs help if you miss hit a lot.  How do you control speed?  This can be more mechanical by usinG how far you move the putter to more feel based where you do something mentally/visually to calculate how to move the putter.   I’d say tempo based is probably a little more difficult since you change speed to control distance.   This is where I would look first, how good is your speed control?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've noticed none of your putters you've used are blade. Maybe switching to a blade will make something click. I did the opposite, I had a blade then switched to my Scotty phantom and it balanced out my take away. 

Secondly, have you tried changing the weights in your Scotty? Could be a the missing piece. Heavier face will allow more energy transferred to your roll and less swing distance needed, that way you can keep your swing plane nice and tight. This would be my first choice as opposed to switching clubs again. 

It's already been said, but putting is so mental. Scotty Scheffler said he stopped taking practice strokes once he gets on top of the ball because it makes him think too much, that's clearly helped him the last month. 

Dr: PXG Gen 5 / 3 wood: Callaway Rogue ST / 3 iron: Ping i500 / 4-9: PXG 0211 / 50 Cleveland / 52 & 60 Nike Victory Red / Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 7 / Ball: Callaway Chrome Tour

Lefty, and no I am not Dustin Johnson or Justin Thomas. 

Some people are adamantly opposed to this and I don’t know what camp you’re in. Try an armlock or broomstick. 

I’ve gone through about 6 putters in the last 2 years. Cheap, used, high end, none of them really worked for me long term. (Teardrop roll face, Yes! C-groove, Taylormade Ardmore 3, Zebra AIT3, Bettinardi SS, and an Odyssey 2ball)

Just got an armlock Cobra Agera last month and my putting has turned around big time. I’ve gamed heavy mallets before but that mixed with the armlock has helped me a ton. Speed control took a few sessions to get the hang of but the line was spot on from the start. SIK face rolls the ball really well too. 

Edited by aguybadatgolf

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on)