Vice Golf Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Tom the Golf Nut - Main Post 

@dback - Main Post 

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Splatt - Main Post

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My normal routine for testing is to do some range work first. Get used to the clubs and compare but the range was closed due to all the rain we had recently. The tee sheet was full so if I wanted to play today I had to be on the course by 7am. 
Now the decision comes in to play. Go right with the Vice irons or not. Really, was there a decision? Right in the bag they went. The only real decision was “do I remove the Cobra 5 hybrid and put in the 5 iron”. First let me say I’m not very consistent with my other 5 irons. But I’m testing right.

I got to the course at 7am and went right to the tee box. My drive was on today so I was left with full iron shots into greens.

First impressions:

I know they used a lot of data while designing these clubs. But what they achieved is fantastic. The balance and the way the ball feels coming off the club face is different than any of my other clubs. The sound is wonderful. At no point did it feel like the club face wanted to rotate open. 
I showed the clubs to our golf Pro and as soon as a lefty version is available he wants to order a set.

I did have an opportunity to hit every club during the course of play. They all felt good and the shots had a high straight flight. I couldn’t take a lot of photos because the course was busy but you gota   see this.

On a dog leg left par 4 I hit a seven iron to the centerer of the fairway. Now at the turn, I had a  5 iron distance left, what the heck. I pulled the 5 and put a good stroke on it. It was a nice high shot heading toward the flag and landing on the green. A fluke ? So I dropped a ball and hit another. Hmmm I dropped a third and hit.

IMG_0950.jpeg.4ee8821de3aed9538978390289705aa1.jpeg

I am comfortable saying that the hybrid might just find a home in the closet for a bit.  It was a really fun round with these irons. Starting off with a three under par 69 really is showing me the potential. 

The only negative thing I found so far was that with the new red grips a little color transferred to my glove. I’m sure that will stop after a little use. 

My unboxing is up with a couple photos in my main post.

Great maiden voyage Tom and the hybrid should be in the closet after those three 5i shots!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

It was really a fun day. I wanted to go back out and play another 18. But that would be rough on me. But you know I'll be hitting the course tomorrow morning for sure. It's a requirement for testing right!🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I did have an opportunity to hit every club during the course of play. They all felt good and the shots had a high straight flight. I couldn’t take a lot of photos because the course was busy but you gota   see this.

On a dog leg left par 4 I hit a seven iron to the centerer of the fairway. Now at the turn, I had a  5 iron distance left, what the heck. I pulled the 5 and put a good stroke on it. It was a nice high shot heading toward the flag and landing on the green. A fluke ? So I dropped a ball and hit another. Hmmm I dropped a third and hit.

I am comfortable saying that the hybrid might just find a home in the closet for a bit.  It was a really fun round with these irons. Starting off with a three under par 69 really is showing me the potential. 

The only negative thing I found so far was that with the new red grips a little color transferred to my glove. I’m sure that will stop after a little use. 

@Tom the Golf Nut Safe to assume you went 3-under on that hole?😁

Unboxing video was good fun.  Glad the maiden voyage worked so well!  Looking forward to more postings.

Edited by tdc1
Duplicates

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Fine German engineering, of course!

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My normal routine for testing is to do some range work first. Get used to the clubs and compare but the range was closed due to all the rain we had recently. The tee sheet was full so if I wanted to play today I had to be on the course by 7am. 
Now the decision comes in to play. Go right with the Vice irons or not. Really, was there a decision? Right in the bag they went. The only real decision was “do I remove the Cobra 5 hybrid and put in the 5 iron”. First let me say I’m not very consistent with my other 5 irons. But I’m testing right.

I got to the course at 7am and went right to the tee box. My drive was on today so I was left with full iron shots into greens.

First impressions:

I know they used a lot of data while designing these clubs. But what they achieved is fantastic. The balance and the way the ball feels coming off the club face is different than any of my other clubs. The sound is wonderful. At no point did it feel like the club face wanted to rotate open. 
I showed the clubs to our golf Pro and as soon as a lefty version is available he wants to order a set.

That is very impressive! Eager to see further rounds! 

WITB

Cobra F9 driver

Adams golf 2 hybrid

Mizuno 9 wood

Cleveland Zipcore XL irons 5i - GW

Pron Wedge 52/10

Mizuno T20 wedge 56/10

Wilson Harmonized wedge 60/10

Seemore putter

22 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My range is still closed so I played 18 again today. I am enjoying the irons to say the least. I wound up one under for a 71 today. No fault of the irons. I had a drive that required a punch out short of the green, a chip but 2 putted. The other issue was a fairway wood that put me in a green side trap on a par 5. The bunker was hard pack and the wedge bounced and sent the ball over the green. Then back on and a two putt.  But the irons were still great. Better trajectory than my other sets. Very consistent in distance. They gave me more confidence going for dicey pin positions. Other than the one bogey and one double bogey. It was pars and 4 birdies. 
The combination of a steeper decent angle and the spin resulted in the ball sitting within a few inches of the ball mark. 
Hopefully the range will open up and I can get some data from the Mevo.

While on safari I captured a picture of the elusive Vice 9 iron ready to pounce on its prey.

IMG_0951.jpeg.a7dd1ac72be37c973ba6a99488ca7563.jpeg

A couple great rounds Tom!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My range is still closed so I played 18 again today. I am enjoying the irons to say the least. I wound up one under for a 71 today. No fault of the irons. I had a drive that required a punch out short of the green, a chip but 2 putted. The other issue was a fairway wood that put me in a green side trap on a par 5. The bunker was hard pack and the wedge bounced and sent the ball over the green. Then back on and a two putt.  But the irons were still great. Better trajectory than my other sets. Very consistent in distance. They gave me more confidence going for dicey pin positions. Other than the one bogey and one double bogey. It was pars and 4 birdies. 
The combination of a steeper decent angle and the spin resulted in the ball sitting within a few inches of the ball mark. 
Hopefully the range will open up and I can get some data from the Mevo.

While on safari I captured a picture of the elusive Vice 9 iron ready to pounce on its prey.

IMG_0951.jpeg.a7dd1ac72be37c973ba6a99488ca7563.jpeg

Mighty impressive, eager to see the range numbers and a comparison with your other irons. 

WITB

Cobra F9 driver

Adams golf 2 hybrid

Mizuno 9 wood

Cleveland Zipcore XL irons 5i - GW

Pron Wedge 52/10

Mizuno T20 wedge 56/10

Wilson Harmonized wedge 60/10

Seemore putter

On 7/20/2024 at 9:58 PM, Randall Robbins said:

Fine German engineering, of course!

And they let you know.

IMG_0947.jpeg.12d007dc18fc60a6f37d53ed39ab9d7e.jpeg

Congrats All! These irons look great.

TourEdge 721 9.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 S
TourEdge 721Pro 15º Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange Graphite 75 S
Callaway Apex UW 19º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 S
Mizuno JPX921 Irons 4-GW True Temper Project X Steel 6.0 S
Taylormade HiToe 54º & 58º KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Mizuno TP Mills Workshop Design II Putter
Vice Pro Plus

These irons are aesthetically appealing to me, and I hope they perform as well as they look!  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

On 6/24/2024 at 2:01 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Tom the Golf Nut checking in.

First a special thank you to Vice Golf for affording this opportunity for testing. PS: I really like the Vice Logo. Total class right there. Thank you, MGS Forum Staff, for selecting me for testing, and the MGS logo is also top notch.

I have a supportive family that lets me indulge in my passion. We live in middle South Carolina between Pinehurst and Myrtle Beach so golfing opportunities are abundant. Of my three children, two are still home, with my youngest about to enter her senior year of college. My son and daughter (when she is not away at school) work at my golf club and if things work out my wife will work there as well someday. I was just elected to the board of directors for the club, so it is turning into a family affair. I can’t sneak out to get away from the family when they all work there. LOL

Family fun time with my wife, son, daughter (front) and my son’s girlfriend.

Familytime.jpg.44f975d21285c7e573cd2bf436110e1e.jpg

I am pretty much a self-taught golfer and have been playing for over thirty-five years. I never stop building things or tinkering on golf related stuff to help improve my game.  I build most things at home. I’m the son of a carpenter and I was a machinist then an engineer in my early days. If I can dream it I can build it.  My biggest improvements in my game came from installing my simulator in conjunction with a MEVO several years ago. I got to see my swing path and ball flight info from the comfort of home. Which will come in handy for testing. I play a decent amount of golf. At least twice a week at my club, playing with customers when I’m on the road, as well as golf outings for charities. I am able to play year-round in my area of the country.

My GHIN handicap is currently 0.5, I have a mid-ball flight and a one hop and stop on the greens. I enjoy playing and do not get upset with a bad shot. Swing tempo is smooth with an average driver swing speed in the mid to upper 90’s. My average ball flight is straight with a middle flight trajectory. I am hoping to increase my iron trajectory a little bit more. Switching to graphite shafts in my irons has helped already. My strengths are finding the fairway with my drive and my short game.

MySwing.jpg.198a1f21c74e7c11ed93c0cc17ab6634.jpg

I moved here about a year and a half ago and the courses are generally very different here than my hilly and mountainous courses of Northeast TN. Here it is flatter but requires more placement shots. Being in the sand belt region we have much softer fairways and approach areas (No bounce and roll out here) Lots of dog legs, streams, and waste areas that come into play. The rough is very playable but anything past that is in pine straw or unplayable.     

So, what do I want to accomplish during this test?  

I am hoping to gain a little more forgiveness with these irons. The King Tour's I was using last year has little room for error and I’m a decent ball striker. I have actually been moving them out of the bag one at a time and putting in my older irons which were a DTC brand. I plan on evaluating the data, and my on-course play. On course is where it matters most. If I can get a little more forgiveness on slightly off-center hits, maintain accuracy, and potentially get a little more ball height these will stay in the bag. A little more distance wouldn’t hurt either, but I don’t want to sound greedy. I have seen a lot of good things come from the direct-to-consumer brands and am looking forward to seeing what these clubs can do.

The Clubs:

I have been selected to test the VGI 01’s. Vice golf is getting with the times right off the bat with different head color trims, shaft, ferrule, and grip color options. So now we get the opportunity to customize the look. Make it yours.

I had my fitting this morning which was very pleasant and informative. I was probably the easiest to fit as I knew all my specs from previous fittings. After discussions with their team and Jamie on the call as well we decided to keep the same shaft weights, flex, lie angles, and length that I was already fit into.  Then it came to making them mine in terms of colors. 

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I went with the red trim which has the club numbers in red as well. I also selected a Whiz Graphite 60g Mitsubishi black shaft.

image.png.7cca7aabe48e51ee829931d76e2f43e7.png  image.png.d74288d5dce5b4c6add6c5dc2a969fe5.png

image.png.4a689f4e47ef21cce26ff0ab2fa7ab14.png

I added a black ferrule and went with the red Vice Mid-size grip. I was tempted to go with the gray but a little color in my life would be good. I wasn’t sure if they would be a distraction to me.  

image.png.c79e844df16299ca23e55e290f2414e1.png

I have been a fan of the GP CP2 Pro for years now. We will see how these grips go, but I have a set of the CP 2’s waiting in the wings if needed. 

Clubs are on order and now comes the hard part. Waiting for delivery. I'm sure everything will go according to plan. I'm super excited to test these out. The Vice team is top notch. They even asked for periodic check ins with the team to see if I have any issues, concerns, comments, and just to see how I like them. I'll be honest this is the first time a manufacturer really cared about the product and my relationship with the product once it shipped. They get a five-star rating on a scale of 1 to 5⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐ 

Thinking about the testing:

I compared the lofts from my other sets of irons and there isn’t much difference. So really all in all they should compare quite nicely. With the scoring clubs a little weaker they should give me a little more height and stopping power. But we will find out. That’s what the testing is all about right.

The actual lofts are:

image.png.07d9bfb57b1a64c1d31a29b07eaad524.png

I’m interested in the sound and feel. Since these are hollow body and not filled with foam or neoprene, will they sound pingy, dull, or crisp? Without the fill material the clubs should have a little more rebound in the face as well. 

Key characteristic claims:

Developed with insights from millions of data sets from normal golfers; An Iron Set that delivers forgiveness without compromising on performance.

- Triple forged head + milled finish

·      Lighter head weight design to increase swing speed and improve shaft-head-balance

·      Low offset and thin topline with increased face length for improved forgiveness

·      2-piece hollow body construction to create one of the hottest faces in golf

I like to start my testing from the green and work backwards just like I would test a ball. Chipping, pitching, then move back to full shots and then longer irons. The chipping part will be a little harder to test. Most of my chipping is with a Gap Wedge and this set stops at the PW. I’m going to work on using the PW from now until the Vice clubs arrive. My goal is 10 shots per task and remove any outliers. I will use the Mevo to gather the data once I get into the full shots. Data is great for those data junkies out there but I’m more of a performance in the field kind of guy. Hitting off a mat in the simulator or at the range is different than playing conditions. How will these perform out of the rough, tight lies, normal lies, divots, and so on.

I will set up certain distances and hit into a green doing some head-to-head testing with a few different clubs. Distance variance, trajectory, and dispersion will be what I’m looking for. Then try off of different type of lies. (rough, tight lies, wet grass) 

We did get notified that our orders are getting ready to ship. So, the excitement is escalating.  

The clubs have arrived and here is a little unboxing for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_0943.jpeg.d6bd642f38c7b22972415e9fb2ce5a8f.jpeg

IMG_0942.jpeg.f9c624ac78ea710fa3ceba6635eac083.jpeg

Those are really good looking clubs.  l am looking forward to seeing some shots of the other model.  Well done, Vice.  Well done.

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

10 hours ago, M-in2Golf said:

Mighty impressive, eager to see the range numbers and a comparison with your other irons. 

Me too. It poured again last night so the range will be closed for a couple days. I hate doing this stuff indoors. I always feel like I have a restricted swing. There must be something called "cage phobia" the fear of swinging a golf club in a simulator cage. You would think it would be easy enough to overcome since I have one at home.🤪 I even have 10' ceilings. 

Anyone know if they have a heads only option?

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Me too. It poured again last night so the range will be closed for a couple days. I hate doing this stuff indoors. I always feel like I have a restricted swing. There must be something called "cage phobia" the fear of swinging a golf club in a simulator cage. You would think it would be easy enough to overcome since I have one at home.🤪 I even have 10' ceilings. 

Haha.  My net is outside and no restrictions and I still can't seem to swing normal!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

50 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Anyone know if they have a heads only option?

I don't think so. 

Today I did what I didn't want to do, Indoor testing. Our range is still closed and I'm working anyway. For lunch I went out to the garage and set up the MEVO to capture some data. Keep in mind I do suffer from cage phobia a bit, so it took a while to go after it. but I only recorded the data once I was ok. I used the Callaway Chrome Soft Rapsodo Balls for the test. The photo is the bay I use. Keep in mind that these are numbers off a mat, so it was more of a sweeping swing rather than a normal take a divot swing. The 7 irons are shown for comparison.   From Left to Right, Vice, Cobra, Sub 70 Since I had the Sub 70's the longest, I used them as the basis for comparison.  

NCBay.jpg.88f3c4789cf6a9d02d3490395b1daad7.jpg    7irons.jpg.8f4968b06e0da098a42c7e84a2e4f370.jpg

I used an 8 iron for this test and took 12 data samples from each club and removed 2 outliers from each. The contenders were:

Sub70 699 Pro's with Catalyst 65-gram shaft in regular flex. +1/2" length, 1 degree flat.

Cobra King Tour with Recoil 95 shaft regular flex. +1/2" length, 1 degree flat.

Vice VGI01 with Mitsubishi WHIZ 60-gram shafts in regular flex, +1/2 " length, 1-1/2 degree flat.

Findings (I'm not going to bore you with that actual numbers because they are based on my swing. But here are the results.

Carry: Cobra was 2 yards longer than 699 Pro's and the VGI01 was 5 yards longer than the Cobra's.  Gain of 7 yards

Club MPH: Cobra was 1.62 mph faster than the 699 Pro's and the VGI01's were 1.8 mph faster than the Cobra's.  Gain 3.42 MPH

Ball MPH: Cobra and Sub-70 had the same ball speed but the VGI01's was 2.3 mph faster. 

Smash Factor: No change between models.

Spin: Cobra was 1000 rpm less than the Sub 70's and the VGI's were 734 rpm Less than the Sub 70's.  Loss of 734 RPM

Launch Angle: Cobra was .5 degrees higher than the Sub 70's but the VGI 01's were 2.5 degree higher than the Cobra's. Gain of 3 degrees

Height: Cobra was 2 yards higher than the 699 Pro's but the VGI01's were 2.5 yards higher than the Cobra's. Gain 4.5 yards

I'll do this again on the range when things dry up around here. Our range doesn't drain well. 

Nice findings so far bud. Glad you're having a good chance to get some data!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Today I did what I didn't want to do, Indoor testing.

... Great stuff Tom! Couple questions. Is the Vice still 1* stronger than the Cobra? And the 95gm shafts in the KT's are considerably heavier than the 60gm shafts in the VGI01's, so do you feel it makes a difference for your club head speed and distance? Fwiw, I found similar results with my T200 hollow headed irons compared to my King Tours. A little more ball speed, a little higher and a little more distance. My pw-7 are the same lofts but my 6 and 5 irons are 1* stronger in the T200's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Great stuff Tom! Couple questions. Is the Vice still 1* stronger than the Cobra? And the 95gm shafts in the KT's are considerably heavier than the 60gm shafts in the VGI01's, so do you feel it makes a difference for your club head speed and distance? Fwiw, I found similar results with my T200 hollow headed irons compared to my King Tours. A little more ball speed, a little higher and a little more distance. My pw-7 are the same lofts but my 6 and 5 irons are 1* stronger in the T200's. 

Sam,

I had the chart in my main post but forgot to include it again to make it easy. 

image.png.5be5110d42c8f63e2b373365de0d32d6.png

But you are correct the club head is lighter the shaft is lighter, but it is well balanced, and I feel I can swing it faster without working harder if that makes sense. The clubs look really good at address. Nice thinner top line. The only thing that I might need to adjust to is the PW distance. You can see in the chart that everything was pretty close except for the PW. I did order their 50* wedge on my own but it's not here yet so I'm using the 50* from the King Tours. But you can really feel the difference weight wise. If I can get my hands on a scale, I'll weigh them.  

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had the chart in my main post but forgot to include it again to make it easy. 

... That top line on the Vice irons looks really nice. 👍 I can get used to a slightly thicker top line like the KT's if the performance is there but I love a thin top line. I saw your original post but wonder if you adjusted them. So hard to judge when it isn't apples to apples. Obviously everything is pretty close so the 60gm shafts seem to have a pretty big advantage. I am the opposite with Steelfiber i80's in my King Tour's and i95's in my T200's. My tempo is better with a little heavier shafts and I tried putting the KT short irons in the bag with my T200 long irons but for me at least it was inconclusive. Ideally if playing different weights,  it would be the other way around with i95's in my scoring irons and i80's in my mid/long irons. The hosel lengths are different so I can't just swap shafts and may end up buying 2 new i95's because I have a i95 pw shaft as well as a MG3 pw with an i95 bent to the same loft as my KT and T200. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

36 minutes ago, chisag said:

I saw your original post but wonder if you adjusted them. So hard to judge when it isn't apples to apples.

No adjustments were made.

Just read all the tester posts and MGS seems to have done a terrific job choosing the testers. After reading each post, I must confess to having some equipment envy 😳. Those Vice irons look chocolate-covered-almonds sweet (cashews if you prefer)! Thanks for the unboxing video Tom👍🏾.

Obviously each of the testers is taking his commitment seriously, and I'm definitely a fan of that! As someone who is playing irons I had fitted and made for me by a local Florida club manufacturer (Giga Golf) years ago, I know how cool it is to have clubs fitted to you arrive, and how sweet it is to take em to the course for the 1st time. I look forward to reading more about each tester's experiences. Great start guys👍🏾!

Still swinging after all these years

Great info so far! Looking forward to following this as I’m in the market for new irons and Vice has piqued my interest. 

You guys have fun!!

Driver:  image.png.ac16a10c2b861fff646dd08647f76d1f.png 849D
     Fuji ‘24 Ventus Blue 5R
3-5Hy:  Pinemeadow Command BK
6-PW:  image.png.e76c3a80e959f4571ac9d38b658506a0.png 699 v2
     Mitsu MMT 80g
Wedges:  image.png.bddbadf2cd48c1b40cf591e520848ebb.png MAX milled 50° (bent to 48°), 54°, 58°
     Mitsu Kuro Kage black 2G S/R
Putter:  image.jpeg.4a8b0ee0fbff31934a2e15fc68a7bfe7.jpeg King Supernova 20
     ArmLock AL2 grip
Ball:  image.png.10667a299706a9d7d3afd32e78f27847.png Pro Soft
Bag: image.png.1645cda6e679afe5a2659ddb2ecb59d1.png  C130

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

10 hours ago, dback said:

Going to have a couple different posts over the next day or two but wanted to start with the shipping experience. First impression post and some more pictures should go up tomorrow. 

Order and Shipping Timeline – Of note, Fedex International Priority for shipping which expedited the process.

·        Virtual Fitting completed on 6/28

·        7/8 - Order confirmation email sent, having ordered from vice before, it was the same email received after making a purchase. So, I would assume this matches up and is when the order was officially placed

·        7/16  - received email that the clubs shipped. Of note, I received an email this same day apologizing for the delay and that it may take a week or two still but included a code for a free dozen. I would guess this is something autogenerated once a certain amount of time passes?

·        7/18 clubs arrived at my house. I would guess this shipping timeline would correlate with paying for the faster shipping but unsure on that.

All in all, 20 days from the fitting to receiving the clubs – pretty darn quick considering it’s a brand new product and they are all custom built by hand. They shipped in a vice branded brown box, with a black “Wunderkind” box inside. I had to wait for my "designer" to get home to open them. My daughter helped pick out the colors and asked multiple times when the golf clubs were going to get here. I must say, she made a great choice in the colors!

ShippingBox.jpg.613c1d087ea7261816283f84e3f605e8.jpgDaughterwithbox.jpg.a80204e55397c1015ae741fa76dbcfa9.jpgWunderkindBox.jpg.5ab85feb1d11c6ef814ccda30214d59e.jpg

Clubheads were securely packaged in foam eggshell strips, bubble wrapped heads and cardboard spacers. Box was in good shape and gave it a couple shakes after opening and the clubs were nice and secured.

WunderkindBoxOpen.jpg.f1bbf0f4232d9aa04f8288737e8069ea.jpgOpenBoxinPackage.jpg.a669c4bd8dbb608fb9488022999e674b.jpgClubheadPackaging.jpg.d4f8466d28e16e4f8595df7c5a364d5e.jpg

The "10 Commandments of Vice Golf Club Care" was a fun way to talk through club maintenance, especially if it's someone purchasing new irons for the first time and wanting them to last. Golf clubs are expensive and designed to repeatedly be slammed into a ball/ground, so always like some reminders and basic tips on keeping them in the best shape possible.

10CommandmentsofViceGolfClubCare.jpg.aabab5c4665fdf225362ae3b33a02b75.jpg

Clubs arrived in pristine condition other than a couple very small imperfections. 

6IronImperfection.jpg.508dd4a42db54af50a578094984b28a5.jpg9IronImperfection.jpg.59cb12f0073051cf35b30b88bc521f31.jpg

They look great, in a saturated iron market, I think they absolutely nailed the design and are right up there with the best looking irons released this year.

More pictures to come with my first impression post and will add that to my main post, but being a DTC brand I wanted to post specifically on the ordering/shipping process. Vice was great to work with, great customer service and they made sure the clubs made it to me safely and quickly.

BackandFrontofirons.jpg.d9708040fe5332bdf468fd19250a14ca.jpg

Yeah, another tester has them in-hands!!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

3 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

Yeah, another tester has them in-hands!!!

I was starting to feel lonely. 🤣 I hope the VGI 02 guys get theirs soon. 

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I was starting to feel lonely. 🤣 I hope the VGI 02 guys get theirs soon. 

Agreed. To this point, I'm just staring at my computer screen waiting for any posts about irons in this thread since I'm super interested in these guys.

Putter:
Technology: