Vice Golf Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Tom the Golf Nut - Main Post 

@dback - Main Post 

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Splatt - Main Post

31 minutes ago, Agent Hendry said:

what did you go for man?

Thats gonna look good. The neon letters vs the white shaft to that grip will stand out for sure. 

I was so tempted to go for a full color splat too but ended up doing a white on, on white only cause the other colors were price increase I didn't want. I did the acid lime grips tho.  Crisp and Clean with a touch of obnoxious. It fits my style 🤣

I ended up with a demo set of golf pride align max and like them a lot over the standard align grips. Might swap back to those in 2025 when they release them for real. Wish they did more colors but sei la vi

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

15 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Thats gonna look good. The neon letters vs the white shaft to that grip will stand out for sure. 

I was so tempted to go for a full color splat too but ended up doing a white on, on white only cause the other colors were price increase I didn't want. I did the acid lime grips tho.  Crisp and Clean with a touch of obnoxious. It fits my style 🤣

I ended up with a demo set of golf pride align max and like them a lot over the standard align grips. Might swap back to those in 2025 when they release them for real. Wish they did more colors but sei la vi

They will look so clean bro nice choice 👌🏻

@Off Map Oscar @Agent Hendry what made you guys take the plunge? Have you had your eyes on them for a while?

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

20 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Just spoke with Wade on the fitting for these clubs and he was great. Since I'd already ordered we went over some of my numbers and what I had previously been  fitted into. Ended up standard lengths and -.5 on lie. My current shaft is a true temper 115 s300 and I like them a lot but I wanted to go graphite this time so getting the 95 whiz. 

I have a call with a fitter tomorrow afternoon. I'll be curious to see how they are and what questions they ask and how the conversation goes. I did a PXG one last week, so I'll see how they compare. I'm probably only looking at a 7-iron just to try them.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

1 minute ago, gingerbeast87 said:

@Off Map Oscar @Agent Hendry what made you guys take the plunge? Have you had your eyes on them for a while?

Not these specifically but I have been eyeing almost every player distance from out for the last few months. I've hit everything in the used racks at my local global golf store. It's called uitna golf but global is the parent company.  

I really like P770 and srixon zx5. I was debating the copper 790s but that's just cause I have the wedges in that color. Since I'm military I can get 15% on almost every brand except titlest. The zx5 is on sale and that 15% I almost did it. Couldn't get the exact shaft I wanted on their builder but close enough.  Honestly I looked at these cause of the price. And I had a 10% off coupon hiding in my inbox. Watched a few videos. Dig the look. And what I've found is no one makes a "BAD" club currently.  I've hit everything under the sun in those used sets at the shop and they are all close enough that it's mostly about feel. Plus with the 60 return policy I'm not too stressed that they won't be right. I can only hit the 7 iron for that policy but that's fine. I have a sim. I'll swing that till I'm very comfortable with it before I even unwrap the others. If it's wrong for me. Those srixon are still an option. 

4 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I have a call with a fitter tomorrow afternoon. I'll be curious to see how they are and what questions they ask and how the conversation goes. I did a PXG one last week, so I'll see how they compare. I'm probably only looking at a 7-iron just to try them.

Did you do a phone or in person with pxg?

22 hours ago, gingerbeast87 said:

IMG_20240812_182116454.jpg.a240874b43cd6d17ba146d408fa071bc.jpg

Went and did 12 holes last night to get a bit more used to the clubs.

I took @Shrek74's advice and played from the forward tees last night. I've never tried this before but it is astounding how a few feet makes a difference. I made sure to use the irons off of the tee every time to force myself to try something new. I found that my 5 iron (previously a club I could never get on with) was amazing off the tee. On the picture above I got the tee shot past the trees on the left and onto the fairway.

Second shot was 190 yards from the hole and I completely overshot the green and put the ball in a lake...I guess I should have clubbed down a little 🤣

Second hole was a nice par three over a lake and a sand trap. 132 yards to the hole so I relied on my "cheat sheet" and grabbed the pitching wedge.  First shot bounced off the bank and went towards the sand trap, the second shot landed on the edge of the green, the third landed on the fringe on the back of the green.

IMG_20240812_183624295.jpg.455d56b777708a05f588119fb1e29024.jpgIMG_20240812_183955032.jpg.0bb54850a7eca7349ed17f16c9c98fc0.jpg

I think because I had nobody around me I was nice and relaxed. I found that I was swinging steady with a good tempo and hitting the lines I wanted. I didn't bother to putt out the holes as that wasn't what I was there for, but took the time to practice chipping from the rough, from near the green, pitching onto the green from 25, 50, 75 yards, and after finishing the 12th I used the last light of the day to get a feeling for the sand wedge out of the sand trap.  

I was worried that the difference in bounce and shape of the sole of the sand wedge between the Vice and my old one would impact getting out of the sand but I found it easier.  The bunker was really high sided so it gave me a good chance to get the ball up into the air and stop short (except for the couple of times I thinned the hell out of the ball and sent it flying but baby steps 🤣 ).

IMG_20240812_203227622_HDR.jpg.61e52a8f05aadf6b3d4191b143b0ddbc.jpg

So overall a really fun session on the course.  I found it to be more useful from a practice perspective than being on the driving range.

Weather permitting I'm going to go back up Thursday to get and other practice session in. I'm hoping my photographer (my lovely fiancée Tabby) is able to come next time to get some action shots.

IMG_20240812_184540133_HDR.jpg.922c0ab78d896e72b0d9d8539d8f87a5.jpg

IMG_20240812_200838054.jpg

I have found that off the tee is where the vgI01 long irons really shine as well. The little extra wiggle room hitting off a tee gives some more confidence and it’s a consistent high draw. Glad you are having a similar experience with the vgI02s!

Driver: Cobra LTDx, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60x, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Vice VGI01s 5-pw (Vice VGI01 Review,)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Shotscope v3 and 18birdies (never play a round without them!)

Garmin r10 for range sessions and winter garage golf

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

3 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Did you do a phone or in person with pxg?

I did an in-person back in early May and a phone just last week. The in-person one was a very long day as I hit virtually every iron shaft they offered trying to find one that worked. I've had issues in the past with PXG fittings as they don't offer much in the way of wood/hybrid shafts that work for me, which is why I've never had them in my bag before.

Transitioning to graphite this year in my irons made that even tougher as they don't seem to have a very big selection in their fitting cart. We didn't really find one, so I left a bit disappointed.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Gotcha. That's unfortunate on the in-person fitting. I've done 2 and had good results both times. The phone fitting from vice is not nearly as indepth as those were can't compare to a phone fitting from pxg.  

1 minute ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Gotcha. That's unfortunate on the in-person fitting. I've done 2 and had good results both times. The phone fitting from vice is not nearly as indepth as those were can't compare to a phone fitting from pxg.  

You should set up a phone fitting with PXG. Free, and they send you a free dozen balls. 🙂 I also think it's worth learning what questions are asked and how they proceed through a call like that.

Putter:
Technology:

20 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Nice. 

How does the sound compare to your old ones on each shot? Maybe a video with the phone right next to the ball with every 3rd club and  then the same shot with your old ones for comparison would add to the test. I've watched all the videos I can find on these so far and they sound great but it's deceiving cause they only hit the one brand and the speaker and compression change sound a lot. 

Ever shopped for mufflers online audio tracks have so much variable it's probably a waste of time🤣

Anyone know why I get hit with an anti spam ever time I post? I've had to post 3 times now just a single word then go back and edit it to get an actual post

I'll try to get some video with sound of how they sound, i've got a couple different irons I can do side by sides with. Just need to find a quiet time on the course!

6 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

You should set up a phone fitting with PXG. Free, and they send you a free dozen balls. 🙂 I also think it's worth learning what questions are asked and how they proceed through a call like that.

I'll do that. I'm also considering building my own with stuff from golfworks. Might start with a few wedges. 

@Off Map Oscar and @Agent Hendry look forward to getting some chatter from others outside of the testers for others to see as they stumble across the thread in the future. I came in with high expectations and there was an adjustment period - I have a similiar arc to you @Off Map Oscar, game has come a long way the last few years and have been looking for the right chance to upgrade and move towards a players style iron. But they have performed. Never felt better from 160 yard in or hitting long irons off the tee.

1 minute ago, Off Map Oscar said:

I'll do that. I'm also considering building my own with stuff from golfworks. Might start with a few wedges. 

I have a full set of TS1-IM's and Max Milled wedges that I'm going to build with some Recoil Prototype 125 shafts, soft stepped. I'll be my first attempt at building a set.

Putter:
Technology:

23 minutes ago, dback said:

@Off Map Oscar and @Agent Hendry @Off Map Oscar,  Never felt better from 160 yard in or hitting long irons off the tee.

That's great. Part of my drive for players clubs over the game improvements is that I can't hit anything over my 6 iron and the 6 can be a struggle. If you look at the specs of the game improvements my 7-Iron is 28* and 37.5. I understand the purpose of this to gain distance and increase speed but I've hit the point in my game where it's determintal. The trade off for this distance is spin. 

So a typically lofted 7 iron is 33* a players distance falls around 30* and game improvement will hit 28* the pxg XP line is even crazier at 27* I'm hitting greens and rolling off the back. I started to notice this especially on short par 3s where my buddy with mizunos at the player distance iron ball would dead stop and I'd roll off the back with nearly the same impacts. I need more spin. Now that's just 7 iron. Imagine how much worse it gets in the long irons. Screenshot_20240814_104509_Chrome.png.8553885a7259bd03f40f107a838bf8be.pngScreenshot_20240808_220514_Chrome.jpg.5b1ac9dd7b245761cf517d2dd5daf5db.jpg

No wonder I can't hit that 5 iron. It's realistically a longer 4 iron in players distance irons and a 3 iron in traditional lofts. And then when I started going down the rabbit hole of golf fitting trying to learn more I found the 24/38 rule. If you're not familiar it's the old school thought that average person will struggle to hit anything over 24* and 38in. I went "No S*** that'd me!" So I've got clubs in my bag I can't hit reliably and I have 20 yard gaps in some of my irons. Why not bring those lofts and lengths back into reality. Close those mid iron gaps and have a full bag I can hit. These loft requiments put the vgi02 out for me so I gravitated to either these or similar set. 

I get the point of loft juicing but when a modern 5iron is yesterday's 3 iron the whole point of the numbering is lost. Honestly. If I built clubs. I would just put the loft number on them and forgo all of the traditional iron numbers. They don't mean anything anymore when there is 2 clubs worth of distance between models in the same brand let alone across brands. Screenshot_20240814_110429_Chrome.png.00fadd407a575cca9f6cff4715256e09.png

This is a fun chart showing what I'm on about. 

21 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I have a full set of TS1-IM's and Max Milled wedges that I'm going to build with some Recoil Prototype 125 shafts, soft stepped. I'll be my first attempt at building a set.

Let me know how it goes. I'm switching to graphites with these vice. If it's successful I'll probably want to move my wedges to a same or similar shaft. 

Hey everyone,

Small update and some loft chat now added to my review

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

5 hours ago, Splatt said:

Hey everyone,

Small update and some loft chat now added to my review

What shaft do you have in the warbirds? I know they are a box set so it might not be labeled as a weight or brand. It might explain the higher launch too

IMG_20240814_191100851.jpg.5107554e2bed3cc527ce884cf79d8f8f.jpg

Went up to the course again Wednesday to get some more practice time with the irons.  Once again went from the front tees.

I am finding that the 5 iron is working for me off the tee which is a great step for me as I would never touch the 5 iron of my Cobra irons.

I have found after a few times of using the Vice irons I am very much getting used to them.  Whilst I am still not Tiger by any stretch of the imagination I feel a lot more confident that I am able to hit the fairway reliably.

When we got to the 4th hole I got a good 200 yard shot off the tee box but the second shot onto the green had the risk if a "birdie" opportunity.....

IMG_20240814_193856318.jpg.604ca32f7afe06b4a9e437d6a1744e2c.jpg

I managed to get it on there from 130 yards with a nice steady 9-iron, grabbed my putter, made my peace with God and headed into the flock of Canadian Geese and made an absolutely "honking" shot to get a good par.

Messenger_creation_5bafc68d-3acd-4b94-bfa5-712e35f6e4c3.jpeg.ae5bf680161ba65df0f7e4aa7272d65f.jpeg

The sun was starting to come down so I did until the 6th hole and headed back to the 3rd as it is in the right direction to head back to the clubhouse.

Messenger_creation_a5e1933c-4bc1-4efc-bf61-2ef241b22c6d.jpeg.cb12d3f3c0464599b5ef029f075f53c9.jpeg

Messenger_creation_e995f571-c367-4cc9-ba63-f35fb57a5d16.jpeg.f315c73ec8b1bfe9238c02ee24286762.jpeg

I was playing a couple of balls to get some good practice in. When I got up to the green the flag was set to the back of the green which is a split tier affair.  As I was done playing I thought I would see how I can do with different chips.

9 and 7 irons were great for bump and run shots, and the SW and AW were brilliant for getting the ball a bit higher. From around 15-20 yards I hit around 25 balls and the last one went in 🤣 decided to finish on a high and went on home.

Messenger_creation_90db7fc4-d759-44c5-82f6-ebd8fc98c3c0.jpeg.4f23f9b6fb2e790324dbca20ac31f184.jpeg

Special thanks to my fiancée Tabby for taking the photographs tonight.

Messenger_creation_1549f915-7cd2-45a3-b262-584ccde19823.jpeg.08f73145b6c5527bece85aab5980e769.jpeg

Ryan Gardiner 

4 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Those look great with that shaft in the pictures. 

Thanks man, they really pop. Also matches my bag as well.

IMG_20240805_153738253_HDR.jpg.e07fecba07214480d552fa541501168a.jpg

Ryan Gardiner 

Step 1 of moving my bag over is done. Since the vgio1 doesn't have a gap wedge option I ordered the 50* wedge to match my 54 and 60.  But since they just announced the high toe 4 from taylormade and I have the 3s I couldn't get it from taylormade with my shaft anymore. So I ordered the shaft from golfworks and the 50 and dropped them both off at my local garage fitter to swap. Nothing to do with vice but it gets me 1 step closer

On 8/15/2024 at 10:26 PM, Off Map Oscar said:

What shaft do you have in the warbirds? I know they are a box set so it might not be labeled as a weight or brand. It might explain the higher launch too

There's no brand on them.

Just a Callaway sticker and regular flex

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Hybrid - :cobra-small: RadSpeed 3 Hyrbid
Irons - :vice: VGI02 5I to SW - 2024 MGS test
Wedges -  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  :L.A.B.: - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

21 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I still have the jitters. That was the most fun ever. I'll tell you the 18th hole had my heart pumping and my hands shaking hitting over the river onto the island green. 

Amazing round;  wish I could have been there to see. 

Congrats on beating your age, personal best, and setting a course record.   Sounds like the only thing you didn't do is get a hole in one!   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

35 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It is official the Vice irons are staying in the bag. 

Today was a day like no other. Special shout out to Titleist TSi 1 Driver and the Vice VGI01 irons.

This was just epic. Holy cow couldn't believe it, and I had witnesses. Pictures first.

approach1.jpg.194e0ef6c8778fc443e958c91add9ab7.jpg

approach3.jpg.e20711c2c5152bc6ed52a5b05547f475.jpg

approach4.jpg.67dfd2ca36df174b006fff448f863845.jpg

approach5.jpg.db3073831f4843000960530b4f02556b.jpg

The above pictures were a sampling of some of the approaches. All putts were converted. The one with the longest roll out was mainly due to slope. But that was my eagle make. So, just in those five photos I'm at six under par.

So here we go!

Career low with a 63. Yes, an amazing 63 on a par 72 course. 31 on the front and 32 on the back. 

A bogey free round

One eagle

Seven birdies

Broke my age I'm 65. I thought I would have to get into my 70's to do it. 

Achieved the course record. Not just my personal best for the course but the actual course record from my tees. 

I still have the jitters. That was the most fun ever. I'll tell you the 18th hole had my heart pumping and my hands shaking hitting over the river onto the island green. But I managed a par to hold it together. 

approach 2.jpg

Absolutely awesome round Tom! Congrats on all the PB, course record, and shooting your age! 

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

37 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Today was a day like no other. Special shout out to Titleist TSi 1 Driver and the Vice VGI01 irons.

This was just epic. Holy cow couldn't believe it, and I had witnesses. Pictures first.

The above pictures were a sampling of some of the approaches. All putts were converted. The one with the longest roll out was mainly due to slope. But that was my eagle make. So, just in those five photos I'm at six under par.

So here we go!

Career low with a 63. Yes, an amazing 63 on a par 72 course. 31 on the front and 32 on the back. 

A bogey free round

One eagle

Seven birdies

Achieved the course record. Not just my personal best for the course but the actual course record from my tees. 

I still have the jitters. That was the most fun ever. I'll tell you the 18th hole had my heart pumping and my hands shaking hitting over the river onto the island green. But I managed a par to hold it together. 

approach 2.jpg

What a round Tom! I saw the teaser in the How'd you Play thread and had to jump over here and see how you did. Congratulations on setting a course record and for shooting under your age. That's just freaking awesome!

2 minutes ago, William P said:

Absolutely awesome round Tom! Congrats on all the PB, course record, and shooting your age! 

Thanks, this was a very special day for me. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

55 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here we go!

A bogey free round

One eagle

Seven birdies

approach 2.jpg

So I'm guessing you hate the irons. 😄

Congrats on the amazing day and round!

Putter:
Technology:

47 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Great round, pards! Nothing better than days when you’re flagging it and the hole looks huge. Nice job bringing it home clean. Some people relish that feeling you described on the 18th hole, some people wilt under the pressure. Sounds like you’re def the former. Welcome to the course record club!

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“