Testers Announced: Newton Driver Shafts

TANewton.jpg

The Newton Motion Driver Shaft is designed for golfers seeking improved distance, stability, and control. Built using advanced materials and a proprietary design, this shaft enhances energy transfer while optimizing launch and spin. The shaft is engineered for stability during impact, helping golfers reduce dispersion and increase consistency off the tee. Newton claims the Motion Driver Shaft can provide a smooth, responsive feel that suits a wide range of swing types and speeds.

Key Features of the Motion Driver Shaft:

Optimized Energy Transfer: Designed to increase distance and launch with enhanced control.

Stability Through Impact: Reduces twisting at impact, leading to more accurate shots and less dispersion.

Custom Fitting: Each tester will receive a personalized virtual fitting session with Newton’s head of R&D, ensuring the shaft is tailored to your specific swing dynamics.

High-End Materials: Uses premium carbon fiber materials for increased durability and performance.

What They will be Testing?

Selected testers will receive a Newton Motion Driver Shaft, complete with tip and grip, based on a virtual fitting session. You will assess the performance of the shaft in terms of increased distance, launch control, stability, and feel. Testers will provide in-depth feedback on whether the shaft meets Newton's performance claims and improves overall driving performance.

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@ZJeb67 

@tdroma98 

@cksurfdude 

@ILMgolfnut

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Placeholder

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Placeholder

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Introduction

Hello fellow Spies! I'm Jeff, golfing since 1979, never very good; my lowest handicap index has been 19.2, I break 100 most of the time, 90 occasionally. I was out of the game for almost 20 years due to a shoulder injury and a new obsession to replace golf (marathon running). After a decade of running, the motivation was gone and I eventually returned to golf in 2022, getting fitted for all new clubs except a putter. He put me on a Mizuno ST-X driver with a Diamana Red 50 gram x5ct, regular flex shaft. Love the Mizuno and it keeps me in play, most of the time, but I realized a shaft upgrade might be in order to improve launch angle (mine is too low, which in turn reduces carry distance). So I've been looking into driver shafts for a few months, and the Newton was at the top of my list. When this test was announced, I put my name in for consideration, and by some miracle I was selected! Thanks to Newton and to the MGS staff for giving me this awesome opportunity!

Quick synopsis of my game: After 40+ years of banana balls, I've finally learned how to hit the occasional draw and turn the slice into a fade. Drive distance is 200-ish, maybe a touch more if I catch it right. Over the past six months I combined training with Rypstick and Fit For Golf (tested FFG for the MGS site as well) and gained about 13 mph of clubhead speed, but it's still only at 85 mph, which is right on the borderline for the Newton 2-dot and 3-dot in their 6-dot system. Will be interesting to see which shaft I end up with for the test.

I have a Garmin R10 launch monitor and plan to use that for direct comparisons with my current Diamana gamer on the range; since launch angle and carry have been my bugaboos, I'll specifically look to see if those improve with the Newton. On the course, we'll see if I'm hitting more fairways and/or getting more distance, and (cross my fingers) if my scores come down. Both the 2-dot and 3-dot also weigh 50 grams, so that allows for a good apples-to-apples comparison with my Diamana as opposed to a different weight which would introduce another variable. I understand that the stock Newton grip is from Lamkin, which I've never used, so I plan to get it gripped with the Winn grip I currently use, again to remove an extra variable (I work in medical research, so I think in those terms on a daily basis).

Unboxing

There will be fitting first to determine the proper dot number for me (as noted above, I'm expecting a 2 or 3 dot; the range is 1 to 6). Once that happens, tune in for the unveiling! Also will document the regripping.

Final Review

Does the Newton kick the Diamana out of my bag or do I keep looking for a shaft upgrade? We will find out together!

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Congrats guys!  Looking forward to seeing what results you get with these. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Congratulations testers! I’ve been using Newtons off and on since the start of the season. It will be interesting to see what you think.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Congrats to a great group! Looking forward to hearing about your results as a number of Spies have very good things to say about these shafts.

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Congratulations testers!  Have heard some good things about newton shafts, looking forward to hearing feedback on these.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Thanks everyone!! Pretty excited for this! As @Erin B knows I'm not a 4 😄 .. maybe a 3 or maybe a 2, tbd via the virtual fitting.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TANewton.jpg

The Newton Motion Driver Shaft is designed for golfers seeking improved distance, stability, and control. Built using advanced materials and a proprietary design, this shaft enhances energy transfer while optimizing launch and spin. The shaft is engineered for stability during impact, helping golfers reduce dispersion and increase consistency off the tee. Newton claims the Motion Driver Shaft can provide a smooth, responsive feel that suits a wide range of swing types and speeds.

Key Features of the Motion Driver Shaft:

Optimized Energy Transfer: Designed to increase distance and launch with enhanced control.

Stability Through Impact: Reduces twisting at impact, leading to more accurate shots and less dispersion.

Custom Fitting: Each tester will receive a personalized virtual fitting session with Newton’s head of R&D, ensuring the shaft is tailored to your specific swing dynamics.

High-End Materials: Uses premium carbon fiber materials for increased durability and performance.

What They will be Testing?

Selected testers will receive a Newton Motion Driver Shaft, complete with tip and grip, based on a virtual fitting session. You will assess the performance of the shaft in terms of increased distance, launch control, stability, and feel. Testers will provide in-depth feedback on whether the shaft meets Newton's performance claims and improves overall driving performance.

@ZJeb67 

@tdroma98 

@cksurfdude 

@ILMgolfnut

Congratulations 

Vernest Parker III,

Best day ever out on the course

6 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Introduction

Hello fellow Spies! I'm Jeff, golfing since 1979, never very good; my lowest handicap index has been 19.2. I was out of the game for almost 20 years due to a shoulder injury and a new obsession to replace golf (marathon running). After a decade of running, the motivation was gone and I eventually returned to golf in 2022, getting fitted for all new clubs except a putter. He put me on a Mizuno ST-X driver with a Diamana Red 50 gram x5ct, regular flex shaft. Love the Mizuno and it keeps me in play, most of the time, but I realized a shaft upgrade might be in order to improve launch angle (mine is too low, which in turn reduces carry distance). So I've been looking into driver shafts for a few months, and the Newton was at the top of my list. When this test was announced, I put my name in for consideration, and by some miracle I was selected! Thanks to Newton and to the MGS staff for giving me this awesome opportunity!

Quick synopsis of my game: After 40+ years of banana balls, I've finally learned how to hit the occasional draw and turn the slice into a fade. Drive distance is 200-ish, maybe a touch more if I catch it right. Over the past six months I combined training with Rypstick and Fit For Golf (tested FFG for the MGS site as well) and gained about 13 mph of clubhead speed, but it's still only at 85 mph, which is right on the borderline for the Newton 2-dot and 3-dot in their 6-dot system. Will be interesting to see which shaft I end up with for the test.

I have a Garmin R10 launch monitor and plan to use that for direct comparisons with my current Diamana gamer on the range; since launch angle and carry have been my bugaboos, I'll specifically look to see if those improve with the Newton. On the course, we'll see if I'm hitting more fairways and/or getting more distance, and (cross my fingers) if my scores come down. Both the 2-dot and 3-dot also weigh 50 grams, so that allows for a good apples-to-apples comparison with my Diamana as opposed to a different weight which would introduce another variable. I understand that the stock Newton grip is from Lamkin, which I've never used, so I plan to get it gripped with the Winn grip I currently use, again to remove an extra variable (I work in medical research, so I think in those terms on a daily basis).

Unboxing

There will be fitting first to determine the proper dot number for me (as noted above, I'm expecting a 2 or 3 dot; the range is 1 to 6). Once that happens, tune in for the unveiling! Also will document the regripping.

Final Review

Does the Newton kick the Diamana out of my bag or do I keep looking for a shaft upgrade? We will find out together!

I’m really forward to your evaluation.

im deciding to keep TM head (great sound) and upgrade shaft or start the journey from the ground (tee box) up

have fun

Hit it hard and hope to find it!!

Congratulations all! Looking forward to hearing if the purple shaft is the bomb or not!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 10* | Taylor Made Mini Driver 13.5* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 51*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TANewton.jpg

@ZJeb67 

@tdroma98 

@cksurfdude 

@ILMgolfnut

Congrats testers!! I'm curious to hear how these do, especially if we have a mix of "dot" flexes. Good luck all!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

As Newton would say, use the F = m*a

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

What an awesome group of testers for these Newton shafts.

Really looking forward to seeing ALL of the tester's comments and reviews.  😎

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review