Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lengthening a putter question?

Cal Ripken

Typically OEM's have heavier head weights on shorter putters and lighter on longer putters. It really all boils down to personal preference though.

so just to lengthen 1" there isn't anything else you have to do. Loft and lie would typically not change between those lengths. As for the weight like RP said it all comes down to personal preference. Some like heavier and some like lighter.

One easy way to check is to look up the specs on the manufacturer's website and see if there is any difference between the 34" and 35" models.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If a putter came from an OEM and was 34 inches long, and you lengthened that putter to 35 inches long what else would have changed on that putter? Would the lie, loft, weight etc have changed as well?

I would not expect a significant difference. Intellectually I would expect the head weight, swing weight, would subjectively increase but that's depending on how sensitive you are. For practical purposes it might just be what you need to allow your knees more comfort and your eyes to fall on the ball better. I myself prefer to choke down to about half way down the grip of my own putter and give no mind to shaft length. I simply find it easier to point the putt this way.

I suppose you could ask your wife or girlfriend if an extra inch would make things more satisfactory. :)

Shambles

I would not expect a significant difference. Intellectually I would expect the head weight, swing weight, would subjectively increase but that's depending on how sensitive you are. For practical purposes it might just be what you need to allow your knees more comfort and your eyes to fall on the ball better. I myself prefer to choke down to about half way down the grip of my own putter and give no mind to shaft length. I simply find it easier to point the putt this way.

I suppose you could ask your wife or girlfriend if an extra inch would make things more satisfactory. :)

Shambles

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO It's not the size that matters! It's how you handle the shaft that counts. Or at least that what she tells me!

Archived