Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Equipment Plans For 2016...

GolfSpy Barbajo

We've talked about this before in several different threads, but it's time to put it down for real in 1 specific thread.

What are your overall equipment plans for 2016?  Here are the categories - copy, paste and fill 'er in:

Driver:

FW Metals:

Hybrids:

Utility Irons:

Irons:

Wedges:

Putter:

Bag:

Ball:

Shoes:

Other Gear:

Planning on new stuff?  Keeping the same stuff?  Let's hear it! 

And here's mine:

Driver: Wilson FG Tour F5 - hard to see something beating it at this point

FW Metals: Wilson FG Tour F5 - same thing, but I do want to check out the new Cobras and Pings

Hybrids: Not in my bag, no way!

Utility Irons: Still gaming the Wilson FG Tour V4's, may see what Ping has to offer

Irons: FG Tour V4's - best irons I've ever played.  Like the F5's and the C200's look promising

Wedges: To be determined -- okay with, but not in love with, FG Tour TC wedges - the search continues

Putter: Edel Willamette - you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands

Bag: Wilson nexus is a winner - it's starting to show some wear tho.  Kinda like Sun Mountain bags

Ball: Due Spin, but want to try the new Duo Urethane, Bridgestone B330 RX -- after that, we'll see.  

Shoes: Like the adidas Tour360 Boost shoes, so those stay in the rotation - have 3 pairs of ECCO's and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!  

Other Gear: I'm a glove ho, so anything from Wilson, Bridgestone or whatever's on sale.  Bushnell rangefinder

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Driver: Still up in the Air I won the King Cobra LTD that MGS gave away but It will have to Out preform my Anser. will have to wait and see.

FW Metals: I will be keeping the Ping Anser 3w but a shaft change could come if the LTD takes over the driver spot the tip for the Anser Driver and 3w are the same so i would put the Paderson shaft in the 3w 

Hybrids: none

Utility Irons: Ping Rapture 2I 17* great gap filler between 3w and 3i

Irons: same Ping I20's, I am going tomorrow for a free iron fitting, but will just get these adjusted if need be. About need ferules replaced because they are broken so one stop fix all. Also could use a real full fitting just to see if what i have is correct. originally just did strike plate when i bought these. 

Wedges: Got new wedges last year Ping Glides 52* bent to 51* and 56 both standard sole really liked these. But i did pick up a Bombtech Grenade 56 on Cyber Monday to good a price to pass up for a test run. So i will be trying that out as well. I already like the head it is a bit smaller that the Glides and naturally sits a bit more open. 

Putter: New Putter in the Bag my loving wife got me an Edel E2 for my Birthday and Christmas, I guess fitting for Birthday Putter for Christmas since I didn't get to see it or play with it till after. at home already seeing benefits. Need a bit of time adjusting to not aiming off line but all the rolls are tight. I used to bet a lot of wobble with my aliment line over the ball not it looks like one big circle on all my putts. 

Bag: Bag for now will be Ping Hoofer I have been carrying for a few years now. It is about time for a new bag will keep an eye out, but I will be attending the World Ams this year and have to save for that. 

Ball: Ball is a toss up I really enjoy the Snell My Tour Ball, but i do Like the Pro V1x's just a bit better so most likely will play most rounds with the snell, but will work in the Pro V's come tourney time. 

Shoes: Shoes I have a bunch of shoes I rotate, But they are almost all Puma one style or another. I have about 6 pair in different colors. And an pair of True links spikeless. 

Other Gear: I will be carrying the Bushnell V2 Range finder, and I believe I will be sticking with the Bridgestone Tour glove. I got the opportunity to test that with MGS as well and I really enjoy it played my best golf of the year wearing that glove so it has to stay in the bag or on the hand. Also tried MG glove last year it is a fine option, but after a few rounds i found my self re-strapping to get a good fit with each swing. 

I will not be doing a lot of changing but i will be doing some write ups as soon as spring come. 

The Cobra King Ltd Driver, the Edel Putter and Bombtech Grenade Wedge.

Snow go away I have golfers to inform. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Driver: Sticking with my G25 unless I get a driver fitting at some point.

FW Metals: Still gaming my G20 15° 3W. It's a great club, only way it would get kicked is with a fitting.

Hybrids: Don't think I'll be gaming any this year. Haven't found one that I don't hook off the planet.

Utility Irons: Ordered a Titleist T-MB 3 iron (20°) that will fill the gap between my 3W and 5 iron (25°). Also hoping it will be my go to club off the tee on tighter holes where hitting the fairway is a necessity. I've never been able to rely on hybrids.

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5-PW with Nippon N.S. Pro 1150 shafts

Wedges: Mizuno S5 50-07, 54-12, 58-08

Callaway 64-10 PM grind - practice time with this wedge has paid off and it's gotten me out of some really difficult spots.

Putter: Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 will stay until I get around to my putter fitting.

Bag: Currently using a Ping Hoofer stand bag but will likely switch back to my Ohio Chamber Cart bag thanks to the addition of my Motocaddy M1 Pro.

Ball: Snell MTB, Get Sum for winter golf

Shoes: FJ DNA

Other Gear: Nothing I can think of right now

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Driver:  Ping Anser 8.5* unless I run into something I like more, but not really looking.

FW Metals:  Adams Speedline Super S 15*, probably staying this year.

Hybrids: AKA Hook wants.  None.  No-way, no-how.

Utility Irons:  None at present.  Will seriously consider adding the Ben Hogan offering.

Irons:  Ben Hogan FW-15.  Got them as a reviewer and have not looked back.  Really enjoying them

Wedges:  Ben Hogan TK-15.  See above.

Putter:  Nike Method Concept**

Bag:  Sun Mountain Evans Scholars logo bag. 

Ball:  Snell MTB or Nike RZN Platinum, pretty much interchangeable to me

Shoes:  Not a "shoe" guy.  Give me something waterproof and comfortable for walking that doesn't cost too much (read: purchased at closeout) and I am happy.  Usually platoon 2-3 pair and have two FJ pair that fit the description now.

Other Gear:  Sunscreen (Neutrogena sheer spray SFP 35+) is mandatory; Glove - all leather and not too pricey - I want to find something like the circa 1990 Titleist glove that was pretty thick and didn't stretch out too quickly.  Hat is normally a Hanna patchwork linen cap.  Bushnell rangefinder.  Jameson, Paddy or Powers in the flask.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Jameson, Paddy or Powers in the flask.

Now there's an accessory!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Driver:  Old faithful is the SLDR/Diamana combo.  I did buy a King LTD and I'm currently holding shaft auditions for it.  I may also try the F6+

FW Metals:  Nunya

Hybrids:  15, 17, 22 & 25 degree Adams Super LS.  No plans to look at new ones this year.  I swap out the 15 degree for an extra wedge depending on conditions

Utility Irons:  Nunya

Irons:  6i-9i Speedblades, no plans on changes

Wedges:  Score 45, 50, 54 & 58, no plans to change.  I also have a 63 Hogan TK that I swap in

Putter:  Currently gaming an Odyssey Works Tank #7 and also swap in a fitted Scotty Studio Stainless 1.5

Bag:  Bagboy Revolver LE.  Love this bag but it's starting to show some wear.  I think I can get through another season though

Ball:  Snell MTB is the main one, I also have a few dozen TMaG Tour Preferred X to work through

Shoes:  Flip flops when it's hot out.  Otherwise I usually rotate through the collection.  Puma Biofusion and Footjoy Hyperflex got a lot of play last year and are still looking good.  I also picked up some Adidas Adicross SL (slip on's) that I will probably try on the course but mostly got them for non-course wear in the summer

Other Gear:  Picked up some Asher gloves and my wife got me a sweet Players Towel for christmas with my college logo on it.  Other than that I don't have too many other needs for gear.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Driver: Callaway BBA (2014, the first one that year) with the MGS tested Accra. May upgrade to the new GBB or the 816 DBD as I've really liked hitting them. Need to get fitted.

FW Metals: Callaway BB 3 Wood (2014). Have been hitting it well, but again, I hit the new GBB and 816 and thought they were solid as well.

Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 16* and 20*. Not looking to change but would consider looking at the XRs.

Utility Irons: I'm not good enough at golf for these.

Irons: TaylorMade RocketBladez. Not looking to change at this time. 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 5. 54* and 58*. May change if these end up in a tree or in a lake. Those are good places for wedges.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport. Possibly the only club in my bag I like. Not looking to change. Well, unless I get chosen to test the Carbon putter for MGS :-)

Bag: Callaway HL5 carry bag. I've always had a cart bag since I use a push cart and only got this to use as a travel bag. But I like it so much I've made it my everyday bag. Nice and light.

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX, Pro-V1, or Callaway Chrome Soft. I'm good with any of them.

Shoes: Currently wearing the NIKE TW 15 and the FJ HyperFlex. Really love the TW 15. It's the first version of that shoe I've ever liked. Will have to wait and see what comes out in the near future. I have a hard time finding shoes that fit well so a lot of my decision is based on that. 

Other Gear: Can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm sure there's some sort of swing trainer or gadget that will catch my eye and my wallet and then be sitting by itself in the garage in a month. In other news, I finally made the switch to iPhone. Anyone know anything about Arccos?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Driver: Cobra Fly Z+ Aldila blue 75 X ( unless I win the 2nd Cobra King LTD, hint hint, but no purchases)

FW Metals: Sticking my with current Tour Edge CB4 16.5 4 wood, but might give Cobra another run (King LTD, Fly Z) unless i come across anything interesting on these MGS Classifieds or demo in the spring, BombTech maybe???

Hybrids: plan to stick with Wilson FG Tour M3, but may demo cobra or TE

Utility Irons: might play the Ping Eye 2 1 iron I picked up last summer from my wife's grandfather. Everyone will get a chance to game it at the 2016 Honey Badger Classic In June

Irons: sticking with Mizuno JPX 800 pro

Wedges: here is where things get questionable:
Maybe try a few new ones, thinking I could benefit from a little more voice. I literally just changed charts from KBS tour stiff 8i to KBS Hi-rev 2.0 X stiff.
Those BombTech wedges and TE CB pro wedges are damn sexy though, and i know of another company that is launching wedges but asked me not to tell at this time

Putter: most likely to change. Going through a fitting process and then will get something more fit for me: really digging Xenon kUtlas, Bellum Winmoore mini El Gordo LTD, possibly Edel or a custom designed Kayson, we shall see

Bag: sticking with current Ogio Syncro. I really like the organization of the MG bag though, but I also like color in my bag (mine is red with silver/grey and black patterns

Ball: sticking with what's in my bag, varies

Shoes: nothing new

Other Gear: possibly a new push cart, getting sick of the air going out of my sun mountain v2, maybe clock or blade??

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Driver: I think it's time to retire my Speedline Fast12 LS and let the Super LS come out of the basement. Maybe I'll grab a Fly Z+ for cheap when the F6 releases.

FW Metals: Keep current Cobra Baffler T-Rail 16*. I use the 3W once or twice per round, not really worth to invest on this.

Hybrids: Keep current Super LS 19*. Use it about 5 times per round: second shot on Par 5's and off the tee on narrow Par 4's.

Utility Irons: What's that?

Irons: Will retire my MP-59 and will get the Fly Z+ 4-PW with PX 5.5... unless I can find a great deal on the Apex CF16 / Pro or AP2 when the season starts.

Wedges: Just got the MP-T5 this year, so they'll stay in the bag.

Putter: Current Yes! Callie

Bag: Still have the Nike M9, but I want a new one that's more waterproof.

Ball: Got a load of Penta's from last year... will keep playing those.

Shoes: ATV 360, Powerband 4.0 and some spikeless adidas.

Other gear: My Clicgear 3.0 is still going strong.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Driver: Ping G20 12° is staying in the bag, but I will be having a look at either a G30.

FW Metals: Cobra LD 15° is getting kicked out of the bag by a soon to be built by me Maltby Touble Out 15° with an Arthur Xtreme Xcaliber shaft.

Hybrids: Technically, none.

Utility Irons: Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrids 3, 4 and 5 with FST 90 shafts are staying for the foreseeable future. 

Irons: Maltby DBM 6-9 with FST 90 shafts are in the bag until they update the design.

Wedges: SCOR4161 46°, 50° and 54° with Nippon NS Pro shafts.

Putter: Yes! Tracy. This putter is not going anywhere, I like it too much.

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 but it's getting a bit tired so I'll be looking at the MG bag as well as another C-130.

Ball: Switching to the Snell MTB. Can't beat the results I had with them.

Shoes: Still gaming my TrueLinks shoes and will buy another pair or two this year. I love the shoe.

Other Gear: None

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Other Gear: possibly a new push cart, getting sick of the air going out of my sun mountain v2, maybe clock or blade??

Used the BigMaxx Blade this year -- absolutely LOVE it.  Stupid simple, easy to set up and take down, folds flat and has its own carrying case to keep the back of the car clean.  You won't be disappointed...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Driver: I'm seriously thinking about one of the newest Cobra drivers. King LTD or F6. I'll have to see what I can first work out here locally regarding a fit. I can probably test them out and get fit in Austin this spring.

Putter: I'll be bagging a new Edel - Willamette putter very soon. I visited Edel at their headquarters on Dec. 23rd and was fit.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Driver: I'm seriously thinking about one of the newest Cobra drivers. King LTD or F6. I'll have to see what I can first work out here locally regarding a fit. I can probably test them out and get fit in Austin this spring.

Putter: I'll be bagging a new Edel - Willamette putter very soon. I visited Edel at their headquarters on Dec. 23rd and was fit.

Plaid- i know that several people have done reviews of the Edel fitting process so I don't think we'd need another one, but got any pics of Edel HQ and their fitting studio there? I'm assuming we'll get pics of the putter once it comes in, but any behind the scenes stuff could be fun to see if you have it

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Who did your fitting?  Thoroughly enjoyed my time there with both David and Rob.  David is one of the true original thinkers in this business!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Mcasey sorry but...I probably will post a review. In fact I've already written it but haven't been able to post it for some reason. My review doesn't have any pictures and some may not find that interesting. I expect my review will be somewhat different. Why? Because I'm reviewing and commenting on the entire experience and not just about the actual fitting. My review of Edel is somewhat mixed. It's not all unicorns and candy hearts.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Driver: TaylorMade R15. 10.5° Fubuki 63 S - When I find something demonstrably better, it plays.

FW Metals: TaylorMade SLDR-S 17° Graphite Design YsQ - This thing is the GOAT.  Never getting replaced. 

Hybrids: Looking at all options. The space between the GOAT and 5 iron needs an overhaul

Utility Irons:  meh....

Irons:  Ping i25 5-9.  No real reason to replace these. I have about 4 rounds on them, and no practice time. I would consider something that was measurably better..

Wedges: Scor 46° and 50° in the bag until they have no grooves, Cleveland 588 RTG 54° and 900 58° Candidates for replacement.

Putter: Do we have to talk about putters??

Bag: Titleist Lightweight carry bag from 11 years ago...  Time to replace.

Ball: New Bridgestone B300s.  I am hearing GOOD things..

Shoes: If I come home with another pair of golf shoes, SWMBO will leave me sad and alone, so no new shoes on the horizon... (But I did LOVE the feel of the New FootJoy Freestyle)

Other Gear: I need a new grip on my ball retriever.. 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Driver:Callaway XR. This beat the G30 in the store. Longest driver I ever hit.

FW Metals: Cobra Biomatrix 3-4W. One of my hardest clubs to hit, but nearly as long as driver. Plus I love the click sound on a good strike, sounds like a pro.

Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Bafflers, 3H and 4H. These clubs have produced some of my best shots over the last 2 years. They're keepers.

Utility Irons:

Irons: Switching between Titleist AP1s with XP95, and Mizuno EZForged with XP105. The APs go more left, and I can work the EZs to the right, but I hit more GIR with the AP. I get fitted at GolTec in a few weeks. See what they think.

Wedges: On a whim, bought Vokey SM5 on sale in 56* and 60*. Super impressed with the feel and spin. Always was a Cleveland man, but now I'm 100% Titleist in my irons.

Putter:Oddessey Tank Versa #7 with SS grip. First new putter in 5-6 years. This heavy monster steadies the nerves and rolls true.

Bag:Just got a Titleist medium Tour staff bag. Love the look.

Ball:Usually DT Solo, but mainly in yellow so I can follow the flight. I have 2 dozen PV1x in the garage I'm just not good enough to use.

Shoes:FJ Custom Contours, my third pair. Waterproof, soft, and they just don't wear out. Mine have shamrocks on the side. Go Irish!

Other Gear: Garmin GPS S1. Switched from handheld SkyCaddie last year and haven't looked back. Sun Mountain V2 Speedcart is 5 yrs old and the foam tires are wearing flat, but it's got another 5 yrs left. Sun sleeves, I get 2 pr/yr, and I collect wide-brimmed hats, currently sporting a straw number due to record heat.

Gonna buy some irons. Been playing RBZ irons for a couple years at an 8 handicap at 62 years old. Contemplating UST graphite shafts for less weight, more club head speed. Since I've tasted the strong loft distances, I don't think I can give them up! Checking out: Aeroburners(I think longer than RSI 1's and XR's), RSI 1's(I believe more consistent dispersion which should be a priority), King forged tech's(with the UST recoil shaft could be interesting), Callaway XR's, and possibly go off the reservation to a local fitter and try Tom Wishon's(normal loft's though), Miura(probably out of my price range), Dynacraft prophet CB's. Thinking I want less offset with forged feel i.e. King forged, but we will see what trackman says and go from there. 

Driver:  Want to pick up a G30 SF tec.  Hit it a Golfsmith a few times and its crazy good.

FW Metals: SLDR Mini Driver 16 deg....Picked this up last year and its really quite a good option for FW metals, albeit a little large 

Irons:  Ready to pull the trigger on some Apex Pro irons...my fitting happened last week and these are gonna be great.  Anybody else gaming these right now that has feedback?

Just ready to get out there and play...weather in PNW has been bad.

I'll spare everyone reading whats already in my signature.  I plan on sticking with what I have this year.  No reason, other than that most of my clubs were bought new last year so I see no real reason on switching.

I do look forward to trying some new golf balls.  I got some golf gift cards and I decide to use it to try some premium golf balls that I normally wouldnt on my own.  Lately Ive been feeling like playing inexpensive golf balls has been holding my game back and have been wanting to try some different ones to see what I like.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I'll spare everyone reading whats already in my signature.  I plan on sticking with what I have this year.  No reason, other than that most of my clubs were bought new last year so I see no real reason on switching.

I do look forward to trying some new golf balls.  I got some golf gift cards and I decide to use it to try some premium golf balls that I normally wouldnt on my own.  Lately Ive been feeling like playing inexpensive golf balls has been holding my game back and have been wanting to try some different ones to see what I like.

To me, golf balls are very personal.  It doesn't take me long to figure out if a ball will be OK or I don't ever want to hit it again.  I know that some people will argue that it's hard to tell the difference between top level tour balls, but that's me and maybe it's all in my head.

IMO I wouldn't run out and buy several different dozen expensive premium balls to try.  Buy a sleeve of each.  After you play them, you can choose to get whatever ball you want to test further.  It takes more than a couple of rounds with a ball to know how it reacts off certain clubs and around the green.  You have to get used to how it plays; that's why I find it difficult to go back and forth between balls.  Play the ball that gives you the action around the green that you like best.

I do recommend including the Snell My Tour Ball.  Less expensive but better than any premium ball I have tried.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

To me, golf balls are very personal.  It doesn't take me long to figure out if a ball will be OK or I don't ever want to hit it again.  I know that some people will argue that it's hard to tell the difference between top level tour balls, but that's me and maybe it's all in my head.

IMO I wouldn't run out and buy several different dozen expensive premium balls to try.  Buy a sleeve of each.  After you play them, you can choose to get whatever ball you want to test further.  It takes more than a couple of rounds with a ball to know how it reacts off certain clubs and around the green.  You have to get used to how it plays; that's why I find it difficult to go back and forth between balls.  Play the ball that gives you the action around the green that you like best.

I do recommend including the Snell My Tour Ball.  Less expensive but better than any premium ball I have tried.

Great advice here.  Start at the green and work backwards when testing a new ball, and I'll put in a 2nd vote for the Snell MTB.

I'll also add the easiest way to test different balls is to play what you find.  Depending on the course you play it's not too hard to find a few tour level balls in a round.  Then test them out and see what you think.  Also lostgolfballs.com usually has some good deals if you want to try out a few different balls before using your gift cards to get dozens.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm basically in the same boat as Badgergolfer, since most of what I'm bagging was added to the bag last season.

That said, I plan to test some shafts in the Highheat driver head, since I didn't care for the stock shaft; I want to try the Snell balls next season; if I can get an Edel fitting while I'm in Orlando, I'd certainly consider it.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I'm gonna stay with the what I got. For better or for worse.

Maybe a new hat. Those things get nasty quick.

It is the body and the mind that need the attention, and that is cheaper.

I do want to build a new driver and 3 wood, and maybe new wedges but no moolah for that stuff.

Happy New Year to everybody, be long and straight.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Driver:  Cleveland Classic Custom Stiiff Flex 9*.  I'm just starting to get dialed in with this club.  Same as last year.

FW Metals:  A 15 year old Nicklas Air Max 3 wood and a La Jolla 5 wood.  Same as last year.  The Nicklas 3 wood will probably never be changed.  So easy to hit.

Hybrids:  None

Utility Irons:  None

Irons:  Srixon I-506 4-PW.  Just got these today, like new condition.  Man they are beautiful irons.  Retiring the KZG blades.

Wedges:  TaylorMade RSI 2 forged gap wedge and  58* Ping Eye 2 SW.  I plan on using the Ping for all my shots 75 yards and in...sand, rough, fairway, you name it.

Putter:  I have a custom made mallet putter I bought years ago from a machine shot owner.  It just drops putts.

Bag:  I just retired my 17 year old Sun Mountain for a new Sun Mountain Series One Stand Bag.  Already saved three pounds!

Ball:  I like the MG C4 but I buy whatever I fling that is quality for $20/dozen.  Just got a couple dozen TaylorMade Project A.

Shoes:  Adidas Gripmore.  Comfortable and look fly.

Other Gear:  Nothing else.  As a walker I need to keep it light.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

• 5 weeks later...

After a few weeks of indoor golf and heated driving range work, I may be leaning toward gaming the FG Tour F5 irons this year.  Gamed the V4's last year and LOVED them, but my love for new and shiny is kicking in.  Brought them to Florida last week and although the play was horrible, the handful of flushed shots with the F5's made me happy.  Really solid iron....

Then again, that's always open to change   :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I digress on 2016 plans ....

For $hits and giggles I installed a Speeder Pro TS on an old Adams 9064LS head.  WHAT A COMBO....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

After a few weeks of indoor golf and heated driving range work, I may be leaning toward gaming the FG Tour F5 irons this year. Gamed the V4's last year and LOVED them, but my love for new and shiny is kicking in. Brought them to Florida last week and although the play was horrible, the handful of flushed shots with the F5's made me happy. Really solid iron....

Then again, that's always open to change :rolleyes:

I've only played one round with my F5 irons but I'm sold on them. I knew my tour 100's were above my skill level but they just looked too good I couldn't pass them up. The two selling points for me were the slightly toed shots that frequent my game weren't as short and the long irons are now low stress shots now. Where I usually play there are a few long par 3's that I feel much better over the ball on the tee.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

• 1 month later...

Driver: 913d2

FW Metals: 913d3 3wd

Hybrid: 913 3H

Irons: Ping G30, CFS stiff, black dot

Wedges: Ping glide 60

Putter: Bombtech

Bag: Ping Pioneer

Ball: whatever is on sale.

Shoes: fj think they are hydrolite?

Other Gear: Miller lite

Just picked up the Bombtech putter late last season, want to lock down a ball and probably pick up another wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived