Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylormade Burner 3.0 ?

Joezilla

I noticed that Dick's Sporting Goods has Taylormade Burner 3.0 drivers, fairway woods, and hybrids for sale. Can this be right? I have found no mention on Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith's websites.

So, is it fact or fiction??

Joe

Yep, WD hit on the head. It's a Dick's exclusive and for what you pay for it, you can get last years Cally at $249 wih their latest technology versus literally, a paint job, lol. No new technology in the 3.0.

And Joe, welcome to the forum! Great to have ya.

Have a great season!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Thanks for the welcome, RP.

I think I need a new driver. What model is last year's Cally?

Joe

Yes, WD Is of course correct on the Razor fit, however the Cally driver which was the same cost as the 3.0 last year was the Razr X Black, which retailed for $249 and can now be had for $149 and it's a very nice one-piece driver. I'm sorry that I didn't have the name when I posted this originally.

Age has not bee kind B)

Have a great season :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Just saw your reply. I checked Dick's again and the RAZR Fit can be had for $199. Is that a better deal/driver than the RAZR X Black for $149? Which would be the better driver.

I am turning 60 this year and my best drives are in the 240 range. My swing speed is in the 75-85 mph range. My handicap is a 13.

Joe

Just saw your reply. I checked Dick's again and the RAZR Fit can be had for $199. Is that a better deal/driver than the RAZR X Black for $149? Which would be the better driver.

I am turning 60 this year and my best drives are in the 240 range. My swing speed is in the 75-85 mph range. My handicap is a 13.

Joe

Thx RP for pointing out the Razr Black. I knew I had forgotten something.

Joe,

The best driver is always going to be what's best for you. IMO, Dicks is a terrible place to buy a driver because their more for people who just grab a driver off the shelf and buy it. None of us on the forums can really answer this question because we know very little of your game. Swing speed is just one factor in driver fitting. Other factors are angle of attack, tempo, club path, and backspin rate. Then there's the intangible of which club makes you the most confident.

If you have any specialized golf stores in the area, try visiting one and ask to get fit. Most importantly, make sure you try at least 4 different models because you never know what will work best for you. Try to through out any preconceived notions about which will be best for you out the door as well.

I also recommend not buying the first day, and instead going back a few times to try it a few times and bring your current club to compare against. Don't let a salesman push you into buying some club that in the end isn't any better than your current driver.

If you're really gung ho about getting fit, look in your area for a specialized golf club fitter not in a big box store. They will usually charge for the fitting itself on top of the price of the club. Plus you'll typically be limited to this years models.

Go get fit and hit as many options as possible. You're doing yourself and your game a disservice to do anything else.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Go get fit and hit as many options as possible. You're doing yourself and your game a disservice to do anything else.

+10

This is your best option if you want to look at more than just the Cally offerings, as there are a lot of nice drivers from 2010-12, because if properly fit, and with the right shaft, they will fly with any current driver. If you want one of the two Callys, or do not have the time or access to a "fitting," then Richard's advice on hitting them both and then choosing is a prudent course.

Richard demonstrated that to me last year when he talked me into getting "fit" for my driver. I got fit with the Adams 9064(2010) head and a new Matrix shaft.

It's a wonderful driver and my numbers were better than any of the 2012 drivers that I hit.

Good luck this season

:)

Archived