Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2014 PGA Show Review

JohnBarry

Ok, consider me a rookie when it comes to the PGA Show because, well, it was my first. I have gone to many trade shows before, and this sure had the feel of the clothing shows I go to.

First day, Demo Day was spent gewtting in, getting a car, checking into my condo, meeting the other guys from my company, grabbing some quick lunch and then heading over to the show. BUT, that never happened, huge storm blew threw with a tornado, and crushed my dreams. The rest of the day was a beer/wing meeting at BWWs.

Day 2 started very early, and we were on the floor by 9:15. Now I was there for business and this being a new job for me, I followed the 2 owners around. They were mainly concerned about finding items for their courses, for their tournaments.

I was after sponsors, new lines and things that would enchance my buisness and the better my advertisers, courses and thier members. Now, I did for sure find some items that are AWESOME. I will be posting pictures of them this weekend.

Like a trade show, and the ones I have done before, there was a lot of talk, showing off, representing and little of anything else. I will say the Loud Mouth Golf booth was rocking, their reps were writing like mad men. (good for them)

Got to meet and exchange information for several owners/CEO's of golf management companies who run courses, and that was for sure what I wanted.

I met Ryan Moore, and had him come up to me and ask for a picture because I was wearing purple Maide Golf pants, and he said that's all he wears. I drank a LOT of beers with Rich Beem and his buddy, the Bald Guy from their radio show on Sirus 208 Mondays. I can't say how great Rich was, he was awesome, it was like drinking beer with a buddy I have known for years. Showed him some of my "Worst Dressed Golfer" pics from our golf trips, and he loved them. Don't qoute me, or hold me to this, but I could see him being a rep for us in Texas.

I know that isn't much detail wise, but I will be adding to this thread this weekend.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Couple quick photos:

Ryan Moore and Myself...my buddy maybe the worst picture taker ever!

ryan moore.jpg

Rich Been far left and The Bald Guy far right...Tilted Kilt during buy 1 beer get 1 free Happy Hour!

rrich beem.jpg

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this company is really on the right track:

www.scan4beer.com

It is about beer, but everything club house grill wise, and it directs the cart girl to the customers that need things. This company has a super high ceiling, and a product that is truely a no brainer! The kicker, they outfitt the course and the carts for free, and collection money only based on micro-transactions, so the course really doesn't lose anything by putting it in. yes, I am working on being the Virginia rep for them also!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Sounds like an amazing experience

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I checked the scan4beer out.......amazing app....would be a great service for any club.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

J.B.....I just found out that my course (Pebble Creek Golf Club) is going to be a test site for scan4beer.......I'll let you know how it goes....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived