TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

I brought out the 16.5 Exotics EXS pro today due to this discussion and it was nearly 100 degrees but I was hitting i around 250 consistently. I think Imma keep it in for a min.

Edited by KOG

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* Maltby Max w KBS C taper 120 stiff

58* TaylorMade MG3 w KBS C taper 120 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade mid-mallet slant

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

I have been struggling with my Callaway Apex Pro 19 - 4 iron.  Although I was getting the 200 odd yds from it, it was really only good for fading around trees or punching out from under trees (my rescue club).  I tested a few hybrids and invested in a Callaway AI Smoke 4 hybrid (22* loft with draw bias).  By dropping my right shoulder and playing with grip length I am able to hit it fairly straight and get distances up to 225yd, filling the gap of the 4 iron.

• Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

5 hours ago, musicalmedicine said:

I didn’t make a new purchase, but wanted to share this photo from PGATSS. This is the first time I’ve seen MGS labeling in the wild, kind of cool.

IMG_7755.jpeg.a6fe1d95705cacfe41ef49c73c16d748.jpeg

That's awesome!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, Johann Oosthuizen said:

I have been struggling with my Callaway Apex Pro 19 - 4 iron.  Although I was getting the 200 odd yds from it, it was really only good for fading around trees or punching out from under trees (my rescue club).  I tested a few hybrids and invested in a Callaway AI Smoke 4 hybrid (22* loft with draw bias).  By dropping my right shoulder and playing with grip length I am able to hit it fairly straight and get distances up to 225yd, filling the gap of the 4 iron.

I too did this recently and it has made such a difference. The gap from my 5 iron to 4 iron was only about 10 yards.

Before, I could get maybe 210 MAX out of my 4 Iron and my next closest was my 3 wood at 240 (old faithful, cant find a decent replacement)  To fill that gap was a great feeling on the first round out when I found myself 225 yards out on the first par 5 of the day.

Another note is that the hybrid is so dang forgiving...

D - Ping 430 10k

i - Callaway Apex 21

w - Volkey SM9

P - Evnroll ER5

Recently purchased the TaylorMade Spider Tour X, the same one Rory uses. Haven’t put it in the bag yet as I am super comfortable with my Scotty SquareBack. Haven’t ever used a mallet style putter but I do like the feel of it on the practice green. Has anyone experienced a huge change to putting average after make a switch from blade style to mallet or vice versa? 

6 Handicap, 100+ rounds a year!

WITB - QI10 LS DRIVER 8 Degree - Ventus Black w/ Velocore 7, QI10 3 Wood - Evenflow Riptide 70, Taylormade Stealth Bomber 17°, Taylormade P7MB-23 Irons 4-PW, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Cameron Square Back

1 hour ago, Belshy said:

Recently purchased the TaylorMade Spider Tour X, the same one Rory uses. Haven’t put it in the bag yet as I am super comfortable with my Scotty SquareBack. Haven’t ever used a mallet style putter but I do like the feel of it on the practice green. Has anyone experienced a huge change to putting average after make a switch from blade style to mallet or vice versa? 

I can't speak for a high end mallet, but I can tell you I struggled with my ray cook mallet for awhile. I now realize that it could have been any number of technical reasons behind it.  A mid mallet or double wide has really suited me so far!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Belshy said:

My typical go to putter is my original 2-ball with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR pistol grip.

I picked up a center shafted Ping Cadence TomCat putter a couple of months ago with a regular Golf Pride Tour Classic grip, and played around with it in my house. 

Initially I was intrigued at the idea of a center shafted putter, I've always wanted to try out a SeeMore putter. 

After playing around with it for a bit, I decided I didn't like it, and really started to dislike the center shaft idea.

Fast forward a few weeks and I decided to take it to play a round one day just for fun... I fell in love with it, and it's found a home in the bag for now.

I haven't put enough rounds on it to know if it will last, but I feel like I have an easier time with distance control. 

Just dive in and play a round with it, force yourself to use it, see how it goes.

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

2 hours ago, Belshy said:

My putter has been my most replaced club from my bag over the past ten years.

My putting game has come and gone more times that I can count. And while constantly working on my putting stroke, I have found that mallets are MUCH more forgiving.

My blade has felt just as good as a mallet when my stroke has been on. But I feel that a blade is probably best suited to a golfer that strikes the center of the face consistently. (I am not!!!)

I current have a EvnRoll ER5 (Mallet) and I feel that it is here to stay.

In comparison, the bladed putters I have owned in the last few years are as follow:

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft - This had rave reviews and I always liked the look of blades much better than mallets. After one year of use I felt that I wasn't happy with weight or feel of the putter.

Bettinardi Queen B - Felt great in the pro shop on the putting matts but was absolutely terrible on the course. Felt dead and lifeless when you actually had to hit it. Played for 5 rounds and returned it during my satisfaction guarantee period.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - This was by far the best feeling blade I owned and had it for two years. But towards the end of last year I still felt something to be desired. Off centered hits weren't terrible but could definitely be better.

I suggest you bring out your new club as much as possible while you still have your return period to see how you like it in every day conditions. I know it would have been a tough pill to swallow if I never got a chance to return my Queen B.

D - Ping 430 10k

i - Callaway Apex 21

w - Volkey SM9

P - Evnroll ER5

4 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

Got these built up by a fellow member here. Can’t wait to hit these this week. 

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

They look really good!!!!

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

On 6/24/2024 at 12:52 AM, musicalmedicine said:

I didn’t make a new purchase, but wanted to share this photo from PGATSS. This is the first time I’ve seen MGS labeling in the wild, kind of cool.

IMG_7755.jpeg.a6fe1d95705cacfe41ef49c73c16d748.jpeg

That is crazy, I haven’t seen that out and about yet!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

I am a tinkerer…feel like I buy something new every few months.

Took advantage of Callaway 2x upgrade on trade in so moved from Rogue ST Max to Paradym AI Smoke.  Also went from Elevate shafts that I was always hurting after playing to the Nippon Neo.  What a smoother feeling shaft.  Love the change.  Still getting used to the irons with one off misses (excluding the range where I have shanked quite a few).  However, I would say my accuracy has improved significantly.  Have missed two holes in one and holing out from fairway a few times.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

You know the umbrella doesn’t go there…

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

On 6/22/2024 at 10:41 PM, rkj427 said:

Here is a link to the site @cnosil mentioned.

Well worth the $12.00 cost for membership if you are interested in learning about shafts and their different EI profiles.

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/

Another resource is at GolfWorks - they assign a 4 character code that categorizes flex, launch, spin and if it corrects for Slice|Draw|Neutral.

https://www.golfworks.com/shaft-mpf-ratings/

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

59 minutes ago, Shinnman said:

You know the umbrella doesn’t go there…

Where is the brolly meant to go? What's meant to go in there? I did manage to get my putter and brolly in there without too much if a squeeze

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

20 hours ago, RaRa Golf said:

My typical go to putter is my original 2-ball with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR pistol grip.

I picked up a center shafted Ping Cadence TomCat putter a couple of months ago with a regular Golf Pride Tour Classic grip, and played around with it in my house. 

Initially I was intrigued at the idea of a center shafted putter, I've always wanted to try out a SeeMore putter. 

After playing around with it for a bit, I decided I didn't like it, and really started to dislike the center shaft idea.

Fast forward a few weeks and I decided to take it to play a round one day just for fun... I fell in love with it, and it's found a home in the bag for now.

I haven't put enough rounds on it to know if it will last, but I feel like I have an easier time with distance control. 

Just dive in and play a round with it, force yourself to use it, see how it goes.

I will give it a shot today. Just nervous as I am so comfortable with my Scotty. I have no problems changing my wedges, irons or driver but putter is something I have always held on to and in my 20 years of playing have only ever used two putters (Ram Zebra and Scotty Square Back). If it feels right on the practice green it should feel right on course 🙂

6 Handicap, 100+ rounds a year!

WITB - QI10 LS DRIVER 8 Degree - Ventus Black w/ Velocore 7, QI10 3 Wood - Evenflow Riptide 70, Taylormade Stealth Bomber 17°, Taylormade P7MB-23 Irons 4-PW, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Cameron Square Back

28 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Where is the brolly meant to go? What's meant to go in there? I did manage to get my putter and brolly in there without too much if a squeeze

There's a looped string with a tensioner on the side that you can slide it into and secure it.

There should be a little circle or slot at the bottom of the bag for the tip of the umbrella to sit in too. 

image.png.02fbf523c7fdebde72bbff6645c3d7cd.png

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

12 minutes ago, Belshy said:

I will give it a shot today. Just nervous as I am so comfortable with my Scotty. I have no problems changing my wedges, irons or driver but putter is something I have always held on to and in my 20 years of playing have only ever used two putters (Ram Zebra and Scotty Square Back). If it feels right on the practice green it should feel right on course 🙂

Exactly, just don't get in your head about it.

We PAY to play, not the other way around, so if you have a bad round, meh, it's just another day on the course.

I always have to remind myself that the only thing at stake out there is my ego, not a mortgage payment 😄