Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylor Made PSi Irons

I am going to preface this post with the following: I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of Taylor Made products in general. I just get the feeling that they are a Marketing Company that also happens to make and sell golf clubs. After reading some other posts on here, apparently I am not the only one that shares the view that Taylor Made is loosing its standing in the market. With that being said though, every weekend I watch golf on TV, the Jason Day commercial in which he is having guys hit 8 irons instead of 6 irons, etc. into a par 3 always comes on.

The only thing that I can piece together is that they have taken loft off of their irons and then they drop the CG in the irons to increase the launch angle. I know this is not all they are doing to achieve hitting shorter irons longer distances but I feel that has a lot to do with it. If that is the case, then isn't this just more "snake oil" that TMag is advertising to promote sales? 

I should have prefaced this with I do not play nor do I have any interest in playing TMag Golf Clubs. The "arrow" can help but in the end the Indian is the determining factor. I was just simply asking from a nuts and bolts standpoint, is that what TMag is doing to make their arrows more appealing to the general public. I am sure that there is more science behind the PSi irons but I am thinking that this has a lot to do with it. I just have a feeling that if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

I understand what a lot of you guys are saying about Tmag and of course you all have the right to your opinions but I think that by avoiding a company or companies because of how they operate or operated in the past is only hurting you. I used to think that if I wanted to play the best I would watch advertising and all you would see is the big 6. Mygolfspy opened my eyes to try everything, big or small, and see what fits you. Who knows, maybe by not trying out the psi irons you are missing out on the right irons for your game. Not trying to defend Tmag just trying to keep an open mind. Try everything available to you.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Tmag has a large marketing budget to be sure, but their clubs perform as well as anything else out there. My dad has a full set of Tmag and loves them. I hit the Jetspeed almost as well as my Big Bertha Alpha.

People don't like that Tmag releases and discounts aggressively. It gives the impression that they don't make quality clubs. But those same people complain about how much everything costs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Tmag has a large marketing budget to be sure, but their clubs perform as well as anything else out there. My dad has a full set of Tmag and loves them. I hit the Jetspeed almost as well as my Big Bertha Alpha.

People don't like that Tmag releases and discounts aggressively. It gives the impression that they don't make quality clubs. But those same people complain about how much everything costs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

yeah for awhile and even today getting on the TMAG bashing bandwagon is too easy. I do not care about what strategies they employ to push the market. As you can see from my signature I have a medley of clubs and different manufacturers. All I care is that a club works, the name isn't that important. I got the M2 just the other day and really liked it, had a cobra fly z+ and a F6+ on the way, whichever wins the face off (M2 or F6+) stays in the bag.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived