What/How did you practice today?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Finally got to do some “chipping” after what seems forever. Was pleased with results after 4+ months. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

I am in the wrong part of the world.

- Alan

Well the mid Atlantic is definitely far from a golf Mecca. It gets cold here too.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Cedar Point in Patuxent River, MD

It's got some linksy style holes in and around this peninsula. The picture shows the practice chipping green next to the driving range. They've also got a short chipping green and a putting green so the practice facilities are diverse. From time to time they've even got a launch monitor set up inside the restaurant.

I need to take a trip there that looks nice heck the farthest part of Maryland is only 5 hours from NE PA.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

My swing key to make sure I keep my capital Y together until my left shoulder touches my chin. I play a draw so if I keep my arms and club in front of me, aim between first & second and fire through the ball down that line, it's on like donkey kong.     

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

Went to the range with my two girls. I hit a large bucket, sweating through four gloves.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

IMG_6738.PNG

Played a small nine hole today. Wanted to practice irons and chipping.

No consistency. Either good irons/bad chipping or bad irons/good chipping.

A lot of work to do.

• Like 1

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Cleveland RTX Wedges 50, 56, 60

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

attachicon.gifIMG_6738.PNG

Played a small nine hole today. Wanted to practice irons and chipping.

No consistency. Either good irons/bad chipping or bad irons/good chipping.

A lot of work to do.

Yeah, isn't that it all too often? One thing is on while the other parts are (waaay) too off.....
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Had a bit of an epiphany (no disrespect, Rev)......

Was working on chipping and pitching, trying to hit three balls the same way three times in a row with the goal to try to get them to land close together. Changing up shots between groups .. using one wedge, hitting to different targets, eg. further / shorter, higher / lower.

So: loosened up the grip - a LOT - last three fingers of left (lead) hand very lightly wrapped around with left thumb and index finger just touching while right hand was almost not on at all ...

All of a sudden - and will not be a surprise to any of you pros ;) - the club moved more easily and the clubhead speed picked up .. with the result that the ball was popping up quickly and flying higher and more consistently... Wow!

Now.. if I can take this to the course .. especially into the bunkers...!!

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

https://instagram.com/p/BWYqcwIl0yn/

Actually went and practiced yesterday. Worked with the DST and trying to get into that good impact position. As well as keeping a more flatter backswing. Results were very nice but I need to get out and do this more

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

With my sprained ankle all I can do is chip and putt. Today I hit 10 yard chips into my chipping net in the backyard

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Worked on my full swing last night after doing 3 wood testing for MGS. I have been struggling with my swing the last few weeks and when I was warming up I noticed that my path is alway in to our even when I am trying to hit a fade. After testing I tried again and really struggled to start the ball on the left side of the target line even with an open stance. I am doing something in my swing that always has the club coming from the inside. Really had to make some tweaks to hit a fade. Seem like my right arm is getting trapped behind me and I am always coming for the inside. Need to figure out how to create space and get my elbow mire in front. Think I am going to go to the range and just work on hitting a big slice that starts left if target.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah, isn't that it all too often? One thing is on while the other parts are (waaay) too off.....

Like every round.

• Like 1

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

Today I played Tiger Wood's old Navy course, just the nine holes (full 18 next week).

I wanted today to work on my patience and mental game.

I had a breakthrough finding. I'm way too impatient and have a busy mind.

No more golf by myself. I found me thinking of so many little things trying to figure out the big picture that I was just inconsistent and couldn't get a rhythm.

Bottom line is I need to enjoy the game and not press to be great. Improvements will come.

• Like 3

915 Titleist D2 Driver

915 Titleist 3w

Cleveland CG2 Irons 2-PW

Nike Method Putter

Balls - Nike RZN black

Tournament at my course today, so I spent it practicing my short game; pitches from 20-30 yards, chips from rough and tight lies, and putting.  I'm working on keeping my putter square through the strike using right hand only.  If I do that for awhile then put both hands on the putter, I make more putts.

Beautiful day to stay in the shade; only got up to 95* but with 10% humidity, the sun sucks the moisture right out of your body so fast I can hear it leaving my pores.   B)

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Day of practice. I have a game at my brother home course tomorrow. So this morning before work I went to work on putting just my routine 2-6 footer.

Then just now before I went to pick up my daughter from school I went to work on short game at the chipping green for a bit. Then hit a bucket to fine tune my contact. There a guy next to me hitting irons, he's a decent hitter as you can hear it. It was an awesome sound. So I started on my warmup routine.

Then it's on. I started with my 9i hitting some nice penetrating shots after shots trying to make solid contact. It's almost like we are alternating the shot so we could hear the impact sound it made. Then I switched to 7i after about 20 shots, we both starting on the wedge.

I like the competition thing we had going it was really motivating.

• Like 2

Had another lesson today and worked on the driver. I unfortunately didnt get the first 15 (average 240 carry) or so swings or last 10 (average 280 carry), but these middle ones were us working on a few setup tweaks. This included closing down my hips and shoulders a little and making sure to keep a little weight on my left foot and not letting it flare out or up as I tend to do. Not swinging hard. Just nice and smooth.

We didn't do anything with the swing itself yet. The setup tweaks helped getting me to a point where I'm hitting up on the ball about 1.5 degrees and swinging a tad more to the right instead of my initial -2.0 degree and swing to the left.

I can say that the difference of where I was striking the ball on the clubface, the feel, and results were incredibly different. Gaining 40 yards of carry is tremendous. Lots to go to make it where I want to be, but it's a great start.

Kicking myself for not getting pictures of the rest of those numbers, before and after. 1d12859bedcfd85301c94aee84f62ca6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Had another lesson today and worked on the driver. I unfortunately didnt get the first 15 (average 240 carry) or so swings or last 10 (average 280 carry), but these middle ones were us working on a few setup tweaks. This included closing down my hips and shoulders a little and making sure to keep a little weight on my left foot and not letting it flare out or up as I tend to do. Not swinging hard. Just nice and smooth.

We didn't do anything with the swing itself yet. The setup tweaks helped getting me to a point where I'm hitting up on the ball about 1.5 degrees and swinging a tad more to the right instead of my initial -2.0 degree and swing to the left.

I can say that the difference of where I was striking the ball on the clubface, the feel, and results were incredibly different. Gaining 40 yards of carry is tremendous. Lots to go to make it where I want to be, but it's a great start.

Kicking myself for not getting pictures of the rest of those numbers, before and after. 1d12859bedcfd85301c94aee84f62ca6.jpg

That's a pretty consistent smash factor, were you fit into your driver?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

That's a pretty consistent smash factor, were you fit into your driver?

I was a few years ago yes. I was swinging better back then. It wasn't so good on my first few swings before making some tweaks today, but then I started hitting it pretty flush...with some bad swings thrown in there.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I played a practice round for our upcoming City Championship.

Spent most of the round picking different clubs and starting lines of tees, identified widest landing areas and best angles to attack greens, mapped out greens and areas to avoid being "short sided" to suspected pin positions

• Like 2

IMG_4258.JPG

Hit the range on my lunch break to capture some swing footage. New "tripod" performed nicely. Will try to clean up and post footage tonight/tomorrow on Hudl and the swing video thread.

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch