Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

STX

pughdog

Ok, I realise many of you guys are putter pervs who love to see all the latest models and probably change your flatstick more often than any other club in the bag. Me? I've had the same model putter in the bag for as long as I can remember. I've just been adding it up and I reckon I've been using an STX for the last 12 years! Not the same putter, I've had at least half a dozen of them, in different colours (gold, silver and black), lengths and grips.

Can't quite explain what it is I like about them so much, the simple T shape just sits well behind the ball and I find it easy to aim. The soft ruber face, although very different to other more solid putters, is great once you get used to it.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is that I'm rather excited. My last STX was starting to look a bit dog eared and had been in the bag for a long long stretch. I managed to find a clearance place in the US that was selling off the STX model for less than $20 each! I bought 4 and had them shipped to a friend in Georgia. They finally arrived here this week and I've put one straight into the bag. I'm over the moon! :)

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Anyone else stick with the same putter through thick 'n thin? :huh:

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

That is funny. I just bought one of these a few weeks ago. Probably from the same guy. I played this putter and my other putter (Scotty) about 7-8 years ago. I would go back and forth between the 2 until I got rid of the STX. I decided I was going to stick to 1 putter and fix my stroke, I chose the Scotty. Off and on over the past 7 years I have added other putters but always keeping the Scotty. Now, I have come full circle and have both dueling it out again.

While these are very unique in feel and style the STX tour is an awesome putter. It is so easy to line up and putts better on poor greens than anything. The ony negative I have ever found with these is that the putter face wears down(bubbles and can flake) and that they don't putt well from the fringe. If you like the Texas wedge putt from off the green these don't work so well. Other than that they are wonderful and for $26 including shipping I'm very happy.

KWheels 

Yeah the faces do get knocked about easy, it's a must to keep the cover on at all times! (unless putting :blink: )

I'm hoping if I look after them 4 will last me a while though :blink:

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

I've had my Sync Tour for 8 years, only taking it out of the bag for last season; it is now back in the bag. I was never a big fan of the bent shaft, so I removed it and put in a straight shaft, which is working out awesome. The only "mark" I have on the face is from where I got the torch a little too close when removing the old shaft.

Pughdog, do all those have the black insert? I stick with the red; around here you could play the same course in the same day and the greens go from a 15 to a 5.

Pughdog, do all those have the black insert? I stick with the red; around here you could play the same course in the same day and the greens go from a 15 to a 5.

All black yes. Never used anything other than.

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I work for STX Golf so if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask me. Thanks for your support!

Just the one question.......

Fancy sponsoring a Pro based over in Asia? :)

Mind you, I've got 4 new putters already!

Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Once you go STX, you'll never go back! I've been gaming the same original Envision for over 5 years, and before that I had a Sync Tour and a blade I can't remember the name of! I'm going to pull the trigger on either the Envision TR or the ProFit 6 here very soon, and send the old Envision somewhere for a funky makeover. Any ideas where I should send it?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

I guess it depends on what you are thinking about doing to the putter. You got any brainstorms or mental images you see for this putters future?

Once you go STX, you'll never go back! I've been gaming the same original Envision for over 5 years, and before that I had a Sync Tour and a blade I can't remember the name of! I'm going to pull the trigger on either the Envision TR or the ProFit 6 here very soon, and send the old Envision somewhere for a funky makeover. Any ideas where I should send it?

#TruthDigest

She's just old and finish is wearing off. I'm kinda digging these new polymer coatings, thinking about that in either white or black and have the lettering and alignment refilled. The face would have to be removed and replaced, which I don't know how they are affixed, presumably epoxy, but I don't know, wouldn't mind putting a new face in it if I can get one from STX.

Or, I'm up for ideas! Poor girl is just old and ugly from years of use and needs a makeover. Definitely don't want to let her go, she's been pretty good to me!

• SPY VIP

I would suggest either BOS Golf or LaMont who is a member of the forum. These sound like two good options for what you are looking to have done.

She's just old and finish is wearing off. I'm kinda digging these new polymer coatings, thinking about that in either white or black and have the lettering and alignment refilled. The face would have to be removed and replaced, which I don't know how they are affixed, presumably epoxy, but I don't know, wouldn't mind putting a new face in it if I can get one from STX.

Or, I'm up for ideas! Poor girl is just old and ugly from years of use and needs a makeover. Definitely don't want to let her go, she's been pretty good to me!

#TruthDigest

Cool, I sent a PM to LaMont after I saw his work on that TM Spyder!

A year ago I was standing on the edge of a green and at the same time on the edge of a wall which boarded a water hazard. I had my putter in my hand as well as my pitching wedge. I found my ball right on the edge of the wall, and dropped my putter to hit my shot. You guessed it, when I dropped my putter it fell into the water hazard. Goodbye putter!

That afternoon I went putter shopping, and ended up by a STX. It has a straight shaft which enters the mallet club face in the center. It is heavy for a putter, but has a great feel. I love it. My friends keep kidding me that I should take a swim for my old putter, but I wouldn't trade my STX for any anything.

Don McCobbPlay Golf For Fun

Archived