Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Phil Mickelson Leaving Callaway?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

This is still un-confirmed but have heard it all day today...so I wanted to post it for you guys to chew on and guess on who he might go to next...not Taylormade or will it be? What about Nike? Maybe Titleist?

Who do you think it will be?

#TruthDigest

If he went Nike.... I don't even want to imagine the awesomeness! I don't even like Phil, but that would be amazing.

Except I doubt that would happen due to that "inferior equipment" comment.

Back to Titleist most likely. But he might go to Puma/Cobra's alliance, couldn't you see him rocking the same outfits Rickie Fowler does?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Is Ping not a possibility? They have Westwood but they really don't have a marquee player in the US. And they are west coast based (Arizona).

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Is Ping not a possibility? They have Westwood but they really don't have a marquee player in the US. And they are west coast based (Arizona).

Aren't Tileist and Taylor Made California based?

This is still un-confirmed but have heard it all day today...so I wanted to post it for you guys to chew on and guess on who he might go to next...not Taylormade or will it be? What about Nike?

Who do you think it will be?

Wouldn't it be cool if he chose a company that has only a few players using the brand instead of one of the companies that are household names?

Ol' Stick

How about Scratch Golf, he could be a part owner, and we know he likes to design his own clubs, was at Scratch facility last week and they said they are testing with several name players, but of course wouldnt say who ;)

I could see Phil go with Ping, TM, Adams, or Titleist. Phil is a very traditional Player so maybe Titleist would be a safe route but I'd like to see Phil go to Ping or Adams. Ping has great woods and I am a bigger fan of their putters vs. odyssey but Ping doesn't really carry a blade and Phil is a blade player. Adams would be a nice fit because their woods are very long and Phil is a long ball hitter. Not to mention Adams is getting good at producing more than just woods with this years iron line up. Maybe Phil could help Adams produce a wedge that competes with vokey and cleveland.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Adams would be a nice fit because their woods are very long and Phil is a long ball hitter. Not to mention Adams is getting good at producing more than just woods with this years iron line up. Maybe Phil could help Adams produce a wedge that competes with vokey and cleveland.

I was thinking Adams too. Especially with their hybrids. I too think Phil may be able to have some input in the design of their wedges and irons.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

I could see Phil go with Ping, TM, Adams, or Titleist. Phil is a very traditional Player so maybe Titleist would be a safe route but I'd like to see Phil go to Ping or Adams. Ping has great woods and I am a bigger fan of their putters vs. odyssey but Ping doesn't really carry a blade and Phil is a blade player. Adams would be a nice fit because their woods are very long and Phil is a long ball hitter. Not to mention Adams is getting good at producing more than just woods with this years iron line up. Maybe Phil could help Adams produce a wedge that competes with vokey and cleveland.

He used to be with Titleist if I am not mistaken.

• SPY VIP

IF Cobra is doing a brand re-launch with the Puma ownership, then this is the kind of big money marketing that could get them going. Puma has the cash to snag him too.

Maybe he will get a little more style on the course too. No more browns...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Being a part owner in a smaller up and coming company would attract me over the long run then a little more cash up front.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Just speculating like everyone else here, so take it with a grain of salt, but...

Nike - I don't see Phil competing with Tiger to be the poster child.

Scratch - What a great story this would be, but I doubt Scratch has the cash to throw at him (although it would obviously be for less than a 14 club deal). An ownership stake is an interesting proposition, and IF it actually happened would change the industry in a big way.

Mizuno - Woods and Hybrids probably still have a way to go. For irons and wedges, yeah...it makes a lot of sense, but I don't think it will happen.

PING - Based on nothing, I don't think so.

TM - Same

Adams - I don't think they have the cash or the clubs (wedges might be an issue out of the gate).

3) Titleist - Always a possibility. Supposedly the company is for sale, so I don't know if adding Phil adds to the value proposition, or means he's money they won't spend.

2) Cobra PUMA - The company has most of the gear to make it work (suspect wedge and putter lineups), but it's a partnership that could build over time as the company distances itself from Titleist and builds its own products. If memory serves Cobra cut staff fairly heavily before being sold, so they very likely have the budget to afford Phil.

1) Cleveland/Srixon - Complete lineup. Makes a lot of sense to me (again based on nothing).

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Just speculating like everyone else here, so take it with a grain of salt, but...

Nike - I don't see Phil competing with Tiger to be the poster child.

Scratch - What a great story this would be, but I doubt Scratch has the cash to throw at him (although it would obviously be for less than a 14 club deal). An ownership stake is an interesting proposition, and IF it actually happened would change the industry in a big way.

Mizuno - Woods and Hybrids probably still have a way to go. For irons and wedges, yeah...it makes a lot of sense, but I don't think it will happen.

PING - Based on nothing, I don't think so.

TM - Same

Adams - I don't think they have the cash or the clubs (wedges might be an issue out of the gate).

3) Titleist - Always a possibility. Supposedly the company is for sale, so I don't know if adding Phil adds to the value proposition, or means he's money they won't spend.

2) Cobra PUMA - The company has most of the gear to make it work (suspect wedge and putter lineups), but it's a partnership that could build over time as the company distances itself from Titleist and builds its own products. If memory serves Cobra cut staff fairly heavily before being sold, so they very likely have the budget to afford Phil.

1) Cleveland/Srixon - Complete lineup. Makes a lot of sense to me (again based on nothing).

I didn't even think about Cleveland/Srixon. That could be a very possible candidate.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

My guess would be PUMA also. I never thought he'd leave Callaway.............but, I also didn't see his Titleist exit coming, LOL.

Change is sometimes good, so let's see what happens.

LaMont in AZ

pic looks like a couple of howler monkeys !!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Could be that Phil wants more $$ than Callaway will put out. Tiger is still the #1 athlete for money in the past year. Nike must pay better.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I have no idea, but would be willing to bet it won't be Nike. We all recall when he belittled Tiger for his choice of Nike and what Phil claimed was inferior equipment. Somehow I can imagine someone like TaylorMade.

Cheers, Don McCobb Play Golf For Fun

Archived