ole gray

Weather in your neck of the woods?

Sick of the rain! We need it but why can't it only rain at night? I have a driver to test. Rain all week. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So yesterday was Spring - 60s, clear, calm - today is back to Winter with 30s and a very chilly, very blustery North wind.... 

• Haha 2

Time to get out of town! 

Yeah. No kidding. Supposed to be 28° today, snow tomorrow then in the mid 30’s for a week.

Drive by the course yesterday, still covered, but they were working on cleaning up the practice green, chipping area, and range... then this happens. 🥶
  • Like 3

Yeah, I don't miss that stuff

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't miss that stuff

After this year my goal is to not see it again... ever! Unless I purposely plan a trip to a cold climate, but I do t see myself doing that.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

After this year my goal is to not see it again... ever! Unless I purposely plan a trip to a cold climate, but I do t see myself doing that.

The area you're moving to does have the occasional snow storm, however, I'll bet it doesn't last too long. 

• Like 1

The area you're moving to does have the occasional snow storm, however, I'll bet it doesn't last too long. 

True. Golf course closed in November... working on 6 months of useless weather.
  • Like 1

Lets just say that here in the Willamette Valley, we should see lots of May flowers. This is my least favorite time to play.  Wet, soggy, and long rough due to not being able to get the mowers out. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Lets just say that here in the Willamette Valley, we should see lots of May flowers. This is my least favorite time to play.  Wet, soggy, and long rough due to not being able to get the mowers out. 

I wish you would quit sending the rain my way.  It's ruining play up here; rain all day tomorrow.

I'm headed your way on Monday; back home on Wednesday.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wish you would quit sending the rain my way.  It's ruining play up here; rain all day tomorrow.

I'm headed your way on Monday; back home on Wednesday.

Let's see, it's April.  You live in WA...it's raining.  Go figure, eh?  Overcast and 64 down here.  I can get you on the course.  🙂

• Like 3

Beautiful day here in northwest Ohio. High 60's, light winds and sunshine. Our course isn't open yet , however we played a muni about 1/2 hour away.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Next weeks schedule... pretty good eh?

IMG_5234.PNG
🤬🤬🤬

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Next weeks schedule... pretty good eh?

IMG_5234.PNG
🤬🤬🤬

I think I'm the only one left on this forum who feels your pain, @Shankster. My forecast is only showing a snow prediction one day in the coming week, but we've got the same temperature drops. Drove by my course this morning, and found that if I could hit perfect shots from one tiny clear spot to the next...

IMG_20190406_074831.jpg

• Like 3

I think I'm the only one left on this forum who feels your pain, [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]. My forecast is only showing a snow prediction one day in the coming week, but we've got the same temperature drops. Drove by my course this morning, and found that if I could hit perfect shots from one tiny clear spot to the next...
IMG_20190406_074831.thumb.jpg.fe42488ce4bd05f67b401a63bfc5f7f7.jpg

Yeah. The 18th green at he college course here probably still has a little less than 2’ on it. Might be May before it opens. Been a brutal winter. Last year on Master’s Thursday my yard was bare for the most part. This year, easily 2’ in most spots. The plow piles are still 5-7’ tall.

The summers sure are unbeatable here, won’t find a better July and August anywhere, but the winters take a toll. Here when they finally get it all cleaned up from last winter it is time to salt and sand again. Really does a number on the infrastructure too.
  • Like 3

IMG_0195.JPG
Not to shabby. 75 and mostly sunny today. Played in shorts and short sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Let's see, it's April.  You live in WA...it's raining.  Go figure, eh?  Overcast and 64 down here.  I can get you on the course.  🙂

I live on the dry side of WA... in the desert.  Think Burns, OR, but we have the Columbia and Snake Rivers.  I know Medford.  We get less rain than you do, about 7 inches a year. We have 3.3 inches so far this year; slightly above normal.  We probably need the rain, but living in a desert I don't feel like I HAVE to play in rain.  I'll wait it out.

Played today.  A little drizzle to start, then sunny but 25 mph wind.  More drizzle tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Still looking pretty good over here in Tassie, (Australia), just finished daylight savings time so the colder weather will be coming. But I am expecting to get at least 3 rounds in on my days off ( I work 7 on/7off) as the forecast looks pretty good.

• Like 2