Our Sponsors

Has anyone used the DST Compressor swing aides? I'm considering a purchase.

I've committed this upcoming golf season to putting an excessive amount of attention into my ball striking and I'm considering adding these aids to my protocol.

Any insights or personal experience from the members? Anyone looking to sell their club if they have one?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Yes!! Love them!

*** Please note:

*** There are already (two, I think) threads in the forums where they've been discussed.....

Sorry I can't seem to be able to search and find them right now, to post the links.

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Yes,, I own one. 8i. Works but only if you use it. Many guys here in the forum have a DST.

There are several Posts in the forum including a MGS Review on the DST. Do a search in all forums and you'll find them.

Good luck

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks guys. I did search the forum prior to posting this and couldn't find anything. Has it been embedded in a different sub forum?

I'm seriously interested in hearing/reading more about this aid

• Like 1

I just did a search a few minutes ago and found several Posts. Do your search in "all forums" not this one. Click the gray button titled "this topic" and you'll see more search options.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Searching on forums is always a little wonky too.  I get the best results with using google and searching "mygolfspy xxxxxxxxx"  Replace the X's with whatever you are looking for.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I was lucky to be one of the member testers.  I keep the DST 8i in my bag at all times (Don't tell the USGA :o) and use it every range session.  I also have the wedge, but admittedly don't use it as often.  They're the best ball striking aid I've ever used by a mile.  I would definitely recommend them.

• Like 3

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

bought one based on the reviews I found on here.  Worth every penny.  

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-P KBS tour 120 
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

I feel the TourStriker is a better option for getting hands in front of the ball. DST is more easily manipulated to give good results with poor technique

With that said I own both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I feel the TourStriker is a better option for getting hands in front of the ball. DST is more easily manipulated to give good results with poor technique

I've never tried the TourStriker before but I can say for certain that if you have poor technique you will know it with the DST.

It certainly ensures that you have the proper setup or else you'll be shanking things left and right.  I can speak from experience.   :D

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
:srixon-small: Z785 4-P KBS tour 120 
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Interesting.... I had the opposite results: easier to "cheat" the TS.

For me, the DST has been immensely helpful with weight shift / rotation/ release. As mentioned by others, feedback is immediate, and .. beautiful or UHGGLEEEE!!

• Like 3

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

I was lucky to be one of the member testers.  I keep the DST 8i in my bag at all times (Don't tell the USGA :o) and use it every range session.  I also have the wedge, but admittedly don't use it as often.  They're the best ball striking aid I've ever used by a mile.  I would definitely recommend them.

Perhaps you could bring some insight to this. The only thing I'm struggling with in regards to the effectiveness of this swing aid is in regards to the set position to the take away. I feel like this club could cause some serious flaws when your hands are started so far ahead. Also being that the shaft is curved I'm worried that your takeaway could become flawed due to the feel of the clubface location or some other factor. 

Have you felt that swinging the DST and then going to your std club creates some miscues? 

• Like 1

On the contrary; I don't feel that way at all. It's important to follow the instructions for the DST to use it properly. When we did the testing, a big part of the work was to watch the various DST videos on YouTube to understand the intent and proper use of the product. One of my first comments in my opening thread re: DST was "If you don't swing it, it will swing you." As was previously mentioned, bad form will cause some AWFUL shots. I recommend the far end of the range where you can't hurt anyone. Totally serious with this comment. You WILL hit shanks, guaranteed. I'm not always one who cares what "the pros use", but I think the sheer number of Tour pros who utilize this club speaks to its value as a training aid.

• Like 3

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

With the way I'm striking my irons at the moment, I might need something like this. I had a look a while ago, but things are ugly at the moment, so this is a timely reminder.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On the contrary; I don't feel that way at all. It's important to follow the instructions for the DST to use it properly. When we did the testing, a big part of the work was to watch the various DST videos on YouTube to understand the intent and proper use of the product. One of my first comments in my opening thread re: DST was "If you don't swing it, it will swing you." As was previously mentioned, bad form will cause some AWFUL shots. I recommend the far end of the range where you can't hurt anyone. Totally serious with this comment. You WILL hit shanks, guaranteed. I'm not always one who cares what "the pros use", but I think the sheer number of Tour pros who utilize this club speaks to its value as a training aid.

MGoBlue100's comment, re: "If you don't swing it, it will swing you." is SPOT ON.

Happened to catch a Leadbetter vid tip where he was talking about his "A" swing .. the backswing (not "takeaway") .. and he referred to improper technique as "..The tail wagging the dog..."

• Like 2

MGoBlue100's comment, re: "If you don't swing it, it will swing you." is SPOT ON.

Happened to catch a Leadbetter vid tip where he was talking about his "A" swing .. the backswing (not "takeaway") .. and he referred to improper technique as "..The tail wagging the dog..."

That's an excellent read. I actually played the A-swing for about a year and took a lot away from it. Especially related to the "tail wagging" comment.

• Like 2

Thank you for your comment! I'm going to read closely through your review but as of right now I feel like I'm sold on the DST over say the tour striker.

• Like 2