I have read all the posts here on this subject so I am going to throw my hat in the ring. I can only say this works for me. I have always used weighted clubs to keep loose and to warm up with. I prefer to weight my own. i have an old Top-Flite driver with a steel shaft that I drilled the head on and added fishing weights and epoxy to. It is probably too heavy for some to swing but it fits me. I do not hit balls with it though. I also have a cavity back 5 iron that I have car weights epoxyed to the cavity I do not hit balls with it either. I also built a "speed stick" out of a fiberglass whipping post. I use these items to loosen up with at the range along with streaching exercises. I have a hard time staying as loose as I used to due to muscle structure and age. I absolutely have to streach and warm up. Good example last week we had one decent day. My friend called me ad told me he had made up a demo Wishon 919 driver and I had been dying to try one. I stopped by his place during the day to hit it. I only took 3 practice swings and hit about 10 balls bad deal. I ended up pulling my right lateral muscle fortuantly no damage. My take on all of this is to do what works for you. I do know as we get older is is more important to streach and warm up properly

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

• 1 month later...

I have been swinging my DIY weighted club almost daily for a year. It's really my Lob Wedge with a sock tied to the club head. But I have come to the point where I think it's not going anywhere in increasing my clubhead speed.

After viewing the Sports Science video, I'm convinced enough that its time for a different approach. It makes perfect sense to me that being so used to heavy clubs, I tend to over-power the driver, and mis-time my swing, resulting in less than great drives.

From now onward, I'm going to swing something really light, like my son's driver. Let's see what happens in the weeks to come.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Big Stu!

After further reading, I learned that Ben Hogan did the same thing as you! Hard to argue with that.

East Texas

I did not know Mr Hogan did that. My dad taught me. As a big muscular guy that is getting older (54 now) I absolutely have to stay loose and warm up properly for me.My injury proved that. since healing up I have been careful to warm up and get loose before hitting balls and so far I have not reinjured myself. My build imagine a 6ft 2in Craig Stadler or big Andy Bean and that is my build in a nutshell

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

In order to properly warm up, I am a big advocate of lifting and emptying at least 2 pints before hittting the first tee.

RITFLMAO!! If I did that I would be hitting the first tee--- Face First