#1 djahubes

djahubes

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Handicap:10

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

So played my first round with the new TFI Satin Cero and CBX 58.10 wedge. First impressions, holy s$&t, these are absolutely amazing. Putter is awesome, and at the price point, I hope more people give them a shot.

The CBX is ridiculously easy to hit. Looks like a regular wedge at address. I play the Srixon 765 so am used to a more bladed profile on my irons. Was looking for something to help with those tricky 50 yard approaches where I tend to decelerate and hit a chunker. So far so good. Have to get the yardage dialed in and was having some distance issues and heavy hits out of the bunker, but man these are easy and don't look like the crazy XE1s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#2 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 8,566 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I get very excited about guys moving to clubs that are easier to hit and price points that represent a good value.

Congrats for being smart! I hope you play great with them.

Others here might consider the Wilson brand or Hogan now that prices have dropped, too.

<p>Driver: G30 10.5</p><p>Fairway woods: Callaway xHot extremes</p><p>Hybrid: SLDR S (not C) </p><p>Irons: Wilson C 200 aldila rogue 75 5-PW     2 degrees flat</p><p>Wedges: SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite  2 degrees flat </p><p>Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"</p><p>Bag: Nike Cart</p><p>Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX, Snell MTB

#3 djahubes

djahubes

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

I get very excited about guys moving to clubs that are easier to hit and price points that represent a good value.

Others here might consider the Wilson brand or Hogan now that prices have dropped, too.

Can't recommend them enough. I'm a mid/high single digit HC and am happy that they made a profile that looks like a regular wedge but added the forgiveness.
The putter is great as well. The alignment aid is the real deal. Very soft off the face and rolls true. For $150 it's a no brainer

#4 KCLeo12

KCLeo12

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationArlington, Wa
  • Handicap:0.8

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

That's great to hear. I plan on getting the Cero and RHO and see which one stays in the bag

Srixon Z765 9.5* set 1*lower and 1.5* Open Aldila Rogue 125 60X
Srixon F65 13.5* HZRDUS Black 75G 6.5

Srixon U65 18* Modus 130X 2* Flat
Srixon Z765 3 & 4 iron Modus 130X 2* Flat

Srixon Z965 5-P  Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 50* V-MG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 54* V-FG Modus 130X 2* Flat

Cleveland RX-3 60* V-FG Modus 130S 2* Flat
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback
Srixon Z-Star XV

#5 Kor.A.Door

Kor.A.Door

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members
  • 2,957 posts
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
  • Handicap:5.5

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

I was looking at the satin 1.0, they look nice.
Lefties are always in their Right Mind

#6 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 8,566 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

<p>Driver: G30 10.5</p><p>Fairway woods: Callaway xHot extremes</p><p>Hybrid: SLDR S (not C) </p><p>Irons: Wilson C 200 aldila rogue 75 5-PW     2 degrees flat</p><p>Wedges: SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite  2 degrees flat </p><p>Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"</p><p>Bag: Nike Cart</p><p>Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX, Snell MTB

#7 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB
  • Handicap:15

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

That's great to hear. I plan on getting the Cero and RHO and see which one stays in the bag

If the RHO doesn't work out for you, I got a guy that could take it off your hands... 😀

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#8 newballcoach

newballcoach

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

So played my first round with the new TFI Satin Cero and CBX 58.10 wedge. First impressions, holy s$&t, these are absolutely amazing. Putter is awesome, and at the price point, I hope more people give them a shot.

The CBX is ridiculously easy to hit. Looks like a regular wedge at address. I play the Srixon 765 so am used to a more bladed profile on my irons. Was looking for something to help with those tricky 50 yard approaches where I tend to decelerate and hit a chunker. So far so good. Have to get the yardage dialed in and was having some distance issues and heavy hits out of the bunker, but man these are easy and don't look like the crazy XE1s.

How is the spin on the CBX? Similar to a regular wedge. I'm definitely interested in checking these out but don't want to lose a ton of spin in the process. That's the reason I never like playing the GW that comes with your irons

WITB

Driver- Taylormade M1 2016 8.5 degree

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Seemore Si2

Ball- Chrome Soft X

#9 djahubes

djahubes

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

How is the spin on the CBX? Similar to a regular wedge. I'm definitely interested in checking these out but don't want to lose a ton of spin in the process. That's the reason I never like playing the GW that comes with your irons

Saw no drop off in spin. The only thing I am having a difficult time with is bunker shots. Seem to hit everything heavy. I really like it from 50 and in where I need to carry and land soft. Not sure about using as a true sand wedge.

#10 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Administrators
  • 6,354 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:5.1

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

CBX has the exact same face milling and grooves as the RTZ wedges, which have performed very well for me.  I'm hoping to get a 48 and 52* CBX, to pair with my 56 and 60* RTX wedges...

fantasy-golf-2016-signature.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 440, 9.5*, weight forward, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4";  :srixon-small: Z-565, 9.5*, Miyazaki Kaula shaft, stiff

Mini Driver:   :callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini 1.5, 11*, Kuro Kage 60G shaft, stiff

FW Wood:  :ping-small: G Stretch 3, 13*, PING Alta Shaft, stiff;  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, 14*, Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution II shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :benhogan-small: VKTR 17 & 21*, Aldila NV 85H shaft, stiff;  :srixon-small: H65, 19*, Miyazaki Kaula hybrid shaft, stiff

Irons:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6, 4-PW, DG AMT, stiff;  :benhogan-small: PTx, 25*-45*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff

Wedges:  :benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15, 49-53-57-61*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff;  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*, DG Wedge flex;
                  :callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind, 56-60*, KBS Tour-V Wedge flex

Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#11 Brjpool

Brjpool

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Handicap:17

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

I've demoed the 50 and a 56 on the course after a wedge fitting and I loved them. They are definitely getting ordered and going in the bag

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      26 Sep
    REMGolf

Thanks! I've been on the email list for years and often read the forums for information or just to confirm what I think I know. I haven't bothered to sign up as I didn't think I had anything useful to add. Probably still don't.

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors