Interesting to hear that TW's likes him and they play rounds together. I'm pretty sure Tiger will take the teaching opportunity the next time they chat. 

I watched a couple of the recent videos - called meltdowns. Driving range and Germany. Honestly, I was expecting a human meltdown and looking forward to it. Schadenfreude!  Like something really freaky. It's fun sometimes to see pro golfers lose their $hit. Didn't see that really. In Germany he displayed poor sportsmanship for sure. And his game - ball striking/putting melted down on the course in Germany. Seen that many times before with lots of players including me. On the driving range he was acting like a spoiled little boy that was told no more popsicles and go to time-out corner.

When I was much younger I'd get all worked up sometimes over a $2... yes, a 2 freaking dollar bet with presses. I'd lose the bet because my inner self was melting down and my game along with it. Same with this guy Bryson.

I've always thought Bryson was an odd sort of fellow. He'd probably think the same of me. Who knows, he might go on and have a long successful career or he might not. Only time will tell.

Tee boxes are littered with the bones of has beens, burn-outs and nut-jobs.

I guess we'll see.

• Like 3

I'm probably the last person to give another opinion on this kid, as I have already posted in another thread my thoughts on BD.  However, I've never been one to let an opportunity to display foot in mouth disease pass, so here goes.

The whole driving range incident seems kind of curious to me for several reasons.  A)  This was not on the course, and it appears to be after the tournament was over (for the day), and he was trying to figure out a problem with his "team".  B) At this point it's definitely not a private thing, because we have video of it.  But I honestly think that incident is overblown, because if we had video of every time I had a meltdown on the driving range, man oh man, you'd want to lock me up and throw away the key.

I haven't seen the whole end of round handshake thingamabob, so I really can't comment on that at all, but personally speaking, when I was like 12 I threw a few tantrums on the course and around competitors that I am embarrassed about to this day.  But I was freaking 12!!!  I figured it out pretty quick that if I continued to behave that way I would not be allowed to continue playing the game.  I think it was a combination of the club pro, and both my parents sitting me down and bluntly telling me that if I ever pulled a stunt like that again, that ultimately my father would land his size 9 shoe up my @$$ in short order.

So I grew out of that juvenile behavior pretty quickly, and grew up. Honestly, if BD hasn't grown up by now, it's hard for me to see him ever changing, but we'll see.  They just posted an interview with BD about his behavior and him addressing it, which I won't bother watching because it's staged and it's doubtful BD will actually render honest remorse for behaving the way that he did.  I suppose it will ultimately take a sponsor or two pulling their support of BD to get this kid to fix himself.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1

What? He didn't win yesterday? Guess his mathematical approach couldn't get him to the weekend.

What? He didn't win yesterday? Guess his mathematical approach couldn't get him to the weekend.

I'd imagine it might take him a while to get over his epic choke at the European Open, there's no other way to describe it. That alone ought to keep him off the Ryder Cup team IMO, but team choices aren't strictly on merit or history.

strong-in-this-one-sarcasm-is.jpg

• Like 2