Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

12 hours ago, DG53 said:

Kia ora, from New Zealand.  I've been playing about 18 months. I started playing when my then 12 year old wanted to play.  We both play off 18 hc, he beats me most of the time, his putting is better than mine.

I was fitted for cleveland launcher irons and also xxio 4 hybrid and 5 wood, and a taylormade M4 driver. After about 3 months the xxio clubs just weren't working, lots of hooks. I had lessons with the club pro, my swing improved so those xxio clubs got the boot, along with the driver.  I'll write a story on that soon.

I enjoy the game, love the tech but hate the clothing.

Welcome to MGS!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Hey yawl I am a rookie golfer and a rookie on this forum, (Instagram @therookiegolfer_ ). Started playing 2.5 years ago and going strong. Current handicap is 17 and my goal for this season is 15 and below, got some work left :-). My first set was the Titleist 962 DC 3i to Sandwedge (1993) which was still a pretty good beginner set when I bought it 2.5 years ago on Marktplaats (eBay like website) for only 65 euro. I spent the first half year on the range (we have the largest practice facility in Europe) before trying out the big A-course. Last year it was finally time to get a new iron set, but didn't want to spent thousands of euro's so did some research, and came across Takomo. After some digging and watching endless reviews online I chose the 301 combination set - 4i-7i CB & 8i-pw MB. These clubs are giving me the feel and workability I was looking for. The clubs are still going strong and really loving them. What else is in my back, Taylormade driver & 5 wood (both M2), Vokey wedge (60) and the Callaway Raw Jaws (50). Currently in the market for a new putter as my Odyssey Tour 9 is up for replacement. I'm totally addicted with the game and making a lot of hours to improve myself. I'm an autodidact so didn't take any lessons, instead I'm watching a lot of YouTube professionals and the pro's on television. Funny thing is that I started to learn to play golf in virtual reality, which gave me an advantage over other new players to the game. 

Cheers all and  hope to have some fun here.

TheRookieGolfer | TRG

Ola, i have been playing golf now for four years, started during the pandemic, currently a 16 hcp. Was hoping to be single handicapper by now but eventually i found out that it’s not that easy…! 

What do you love about golf? I cant really explain, i did all kinds of sports but golf just got me, and its getting more and more addictive every day…:-)

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and am relatively new to the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and play as a greenfee player on different courses in the Amsterdam area.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best i cant really say, some courses are great, other are really bad but the worst thing has got to be the weather, lots of rainy days.

What do you do for a living? I am a personal trainer.

How’d you pick your user name? It is a name i got in my younger years from friends.

• D Callaway Mavrik
  • 5w Cobra radspeed
  • 4h cobra f9
  • 2i titleist 712 (bought from Joost Luijten)
  • 4-G Mizuno Pro 225
  • w54/12d vokey sm8
  • p odyssey white hot pro #1

On 6/11/2024 at 9:49 AM, TheRookieGolfer said:

Hey yawl I am a rookie golfer and a rookie on this forum, (Instagram @therookiegolfer_ ). Started playing 2.5 years ago and going strong. Current handicap is 17 and my goal for this season is 15 and below, got some work left :-). My first set was the Titleist 962 DC 3i to Sandwedge (1993) which was still a pretty good beginner set when I bought it 2.5 years ago on Marktplaats (eBay like website) for only 65 euro. I spent the first half year on the range (we have the largest practice facility in Europe) before trying out the big A-course. Last year it was finally time to get a new iron set, but didn't want to spent thousands of euro's so did some research, and came across Takomo. After some digging and watching endless reviews online I chose the 301 combination set - 4i-7i CB & 8i-pw MB. These clubs are giving me the feel and workability I was looking for. The clubs are still going strong and really loving them. What else is in my back, Taylormade driver & 5 wood (both M2), Vokey wedge (60) and the Callaway Raw Jaws (50). Currently in the market for a new putter as my Odyssey Tour 9 is up for replacement. I'm totally addicted with the game and making a lot of hours to improve myself. I'm an autodidact so didn't take any lessons, instead I'm watching a lot of YouTube professionals and the pro's on television. Funny thing is that I started to learn to play golf in virtual reality, which gave me an advantage over other new players to the game. 

Cheers all and  hope to have some fun here.

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, donniebrasco said:

Ola, i have been playing golf now for four years, started during the pandemic, currently a 16 hcp. Was hoping to be single handicapper by now but eventually i found out that it’s not that easy…! 

What do you love about golf? I cant really explain, i did all kinds of sports but golf just got me, and its getting more and more addictive every day…:-)

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the reviews and am relatively new to the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and play as a greenfee player on different courses in the Amsterdam area.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best i cant really say, some courses are great, other are really bad but the worst thing has got to be the weather, lots of rainy days.

How’d you pick your user name? It is a name i got in my younger years from friends.

Welcome to MGS!

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh. I live in Ottawa, Canada. I started playing golf while searching for a healthy way to relieve stress with my friends in the army. I would play terribly (i still do, but I'm a little bit better now lol) but we would try and play our game while complaining about the million things that would grind our gears in the service. Time amongst friends who understand what we are going through and time outside have a therapeutic quality. 

I started with clubs that were found on the side of the road and facebook marketplace for less than 10 Canadian Dollars. I did slightly upgrade, but I am currently still very much a "value" golfer.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

The Garmin App tells me I am 33.5 and trending downwards.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and with friends. I love the strategy and self-improvement aspect of it.  The quote from Bobby Jones strikes true for me

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots, but you have to play the ball where it lies.” - Bobby Jones

I like how golf helps me with moving on, I can take a bad shot and it trains me to shake it off and start the next shot as if the previous one had not happened.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I browsed through MyGolfSpy for the reviews (especially for Kirkland goods), I dont know any other spies

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I Moved to Ottawa within the last year, I am still shopping around for a home. My previous club I called home was Deep River Golf Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

It is too soon to tell, I need to play more clubs to have an opinion on the bad parts.

What do you do for a living?

Was a mechanic in the army, I am currently a student to start a new career.

How’d you pick your user name?

Donut was based off an old crappy flash animation I made in middle school as a information technology project in the early 2000s or late 90s. I've kept it because D is the first letter of my surname and it was easy to say as a callsign in online videogames.

Whats in the Bag

Bag-Taylormade Flextech

Driver- Taylormade RBZ (the none adjustable one)

Wood- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2: 3 & 5
Irons- Mizuno Mx100 4-9

Wedge- Kirkland 52,56,60

Putter- Kirkland KS1

Ball- Kirkland or whatever I can find in the woods.

JD

Welcome!

12 hours ago, donniebrasco said:

Hey DonnieBrasco, lets play sometime. My home course is Amsteldijk, I bet you know it and have played there before. Cheers!

TheRookieGolfer | TRG

5 hours ago, TheRookieGolfer said:

Hey DonnieBrasco, lets play sometime. My home course is Amsteldijk, I bet you know it and have played there before. Cheers!

Yo TRG, yeah man, that sounds great! I am actually a member of the training facility there, which is great! I don't like the course that much, but to play it once in a while is no problem at all. I will send you a private message to book a teatime!

• D Callaway Mavrik
  • 5w Cobra radspeed
  • 4h cobra f9
  • 2i titleist 712 (bought from Joost Luijten)
  • 4-G Mizuno Pro 225
  • w54/12d vokey sm8
  • p odyssey white hot pro #1

• 2 weeks later...

What’s going on everyone! I’m Neil. I have been golfing for about 15 years but only been taking it serious since 2019.  Not even sure you should classify anything before that actually golfing!  It was more about the drinks and the jokes with friends. It took me  5 years to even finish an entire round.  Currently, I shoot in the low 90s only recently breaking 90.

What do you love about golf?  I love the getting outdoors with friends and making new connections.  I love the combination strength, technique and accuracy required to do it correctly.  I am also a techie/data nerd by vocation so the gear, tech, tinkering and tracking the numbers also appeals to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don’t know any other members personally.  I found the site and forum a while ago while researching a new driver.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m up in Mississauga Ontario Canada.  I don’t really have a home course, but I frequent Lionhead GC…. Mostly because it’s the closest to me but I also my earliest golfing memory was braving the crowd to see Michael Jordan play a celebrity tourney there in the 90s.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have some of the best courses in the world up here.  I have played some of them even before I took golf seriously enough to appreciate them.  Check out Muskoka Bay Resort, Glen Abbey, or Angus Glen.  The worst thing about golfing in Canada is dealing with Canadian weather.  You get 5 - 6 months of good outdoor golf weather then you have to hit up the simulators.

What do you do for a living?  I’m in the Data and Analytics space which, like I said, is one of the appeals of golf to me in tracking the data and tweaking your form or gear.

How’d you pick your user name?  No particularly fascinating story. It’s my name.

~~~~~~~
Driver: Titleist TSr2 10.0 w/ HZRDUS Smoke black Shaft 6.0

Taylormade Stealth 3W HL, Titleist t200 3U iron

Taylormade P790 4i - AW / modus 105 S

Vokey 54 & 58 W

SC Phantom X5.5

11 hours ago, AnilDS said:

What’s going on everyone! I’m Neil. I have been golfing for about 15 years but only been taking it serious since 2019.  Not even sure you should classify anything before that actually golfing!  It was more about the drinks and the jokes with friends. It took me  5 years to even finish an entire round.  Currently, I shoot in the low 90s only recently breaking 90.

What do you love about golf?  I love the getting outdoors with friends and making new connections.  I love the combination strength, technique and accuracy required to do it correctly.  I am also a techie/data nerd by vocation so the gear, tech, tinkering and tracking the numbers also appeals to me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I don’t know any other members personally.  I found the site and forum a while ago while researching a new driver.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m up in Mississauga Ontario Canada.  I don’t really have a home course, but I frequent Lionhead GC…. Mostly because it’s the closest to me but I also my earliest golfing memory was braving the crowd to see Michael Jordan play a celebrity tourney there in the 90s.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have some of the best courses in the world up here.  I have played some of them even before I took golf seriously enough to appreciate them.  Check out Muskoka Bay Resort, Glen Abbey, or Angus Glen.  The worst thing about golfing in Canada is dealing with Canadian weather.  You get 5 - 6 months of good outdoor golf weather then you have to hit up the simulators.

What do you do for a living?  I’m in the Data and Analytics space which, like I said, is one of the appeals of golf to me in tracking the data and tweaking your form or gear.

How’d you pick your user name?  No particularly fascinating story. It’s my name.

Welcome to MGS!

Here is a warm welcome to everyone that has just joined the best golf forum!

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.