Our Sponsors

I am so sympathetic, bought prescription sun glasses with grey-green lenses that lose ball in any cloud overhead.   With contacts when staring at the path according to my Op Doc the contact can move slightly causing blur and more looking around.  After covid will try different lenses with same prescription.  Great incentive to hit long and straight.  Do not have issue on reading greens so that is blessing.                 

• Guests
Guest Delete
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 12:14 PM, Middler said:

The best fix? Everyone I play with watches out for each other, as we all lose sight of our own balls occasionally. It's rare that no one sees, but that happens every once in a while. Many days in the morning when the sun is low, I lose sight of most of my good drives in the fairway the whole round - but I know where they were headed and find them easily. "Fortunately" the rough is so thick and deep where I play we don't even bother to look very long. If it's my ball, I'll walk by the general area once or twice just to see if it's clearly visible to pick it up, but I won't take more than 20 seconds to look myself and I call others off at the same time. There are some snakes where we are as well, another reason I don't need to find balls in their domain.

I cannot play with sunglasses, wish I could.

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete

Went to the eye doctor today and i learned my prescription got significantly worse. Went up a full point from -6.00 to -7.00. The world is so much more clear now, will likely have a better time trying to find my ball.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I have tried many different “golf” sunglasses lenses. The best that I have found for reading greens, and in general, are just a polarized brown lens you can get anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
:ping-small:  G Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
:bridgestone-small: J38, 3W (15 / s-flex)
:titelist-small:  980F, 5W (19) s-flex
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

I have tried many different “golf” sunglasses lenses. The best that I have found for reading greens, and in general, are just a polarized brown lens you can get anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
:ping-small:  G Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
:bridgestone-small: J38, 3W (15 / s-flex)
:titelist-small:  980F, 5W (19) s-flex
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed