2020 Official Member Review: SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Alright I'm gonna get a question or two fired out to you guys right away...

For those of you that currently use some shot tracking tech, Arccos or Shotscope etc.  Do you plan on using both during your rounds or can you see yourself not using the shot tracking features with the watch?

Who plans on using this also as an everyday watch? 

Right now the only tech I use is a Bushnell laser.  It works well to quickly get yardages to bunkers and the flag.  Not as east to get front, middle, back and what some carries are over water.  I have some nice events coming up on courses that I have not played in a long time and some I have never played so we will see how this watch holds up. 

• Like 8

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some photos from yesterday at pasatiempo and this afternoon at Spanish Bay. I’ll be posting all my updates in the ‘How’d you play’ spychat thread. Look out for tomorrow where I’ll post update

It's here! It's finally here! (pictures to follow) Just wanted to jot down some initial impressions so I don't forget my thoughts and feelings from the last hour of unboxing/setting up. Fi

Introduction: Thank you again to MGS for the opportunity to test another product that has some awesome features.  A little bit about who I am.  I grew up in western Pennsylvania playing a sh

Posted Images

Introduction:

Thank you again to MGS for the opportunity to test another product that has some awesome features. 

A little bit about who I am.  I grew up in western Pennsylvania playing a shorter course in the small town of Kane (Kane Country Club).  This is a shorter (6000 yds) course but very tight and small greens.  It was a great place to learn the game and grow up.  I was lucky enough to play good golf in high school and earned a scholarship to play at St. Bonaventure University. I went on to have a very nice carrier there ( https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-golf/2016-17/files/Golf_Career_Scoring.pdf ).  I still hold the records for most wins (5) and lowest year scoring average at 73.0.  From there I failed horribly at trying to play professional golf.  I went out on my own didn't have a support team, slept in my car and never made a cut.  I went back home with my tail between my legs and started over.  I didn't play events for a few years as I was trying to find the fun in the game again and with help from my wife (she plays too) it has become a lot of fun again. A fun note, I have 2 course records (60 at Urbana CC tie with Steve Stricker  and Dylan Meyer & 61 at Kane Country Club) but I do not have any hole in ones.  I currently play to a +2.4 index and have a full slate of events for August if everything stays the way it is (who knows with 2020). 

As far as getting my distances, I currently use a Bushnell laser.  I find this to be great when shooting an object that is above ground.  I have used watches in the past and I am looking forward to using this one.  It will be great to see how accurate it is compared to the laser and we will see if this can help my game even further.   Keep the questions coming as this should be a fun thread to follow. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

For those of you that currently use some shot tracking tech, Arccos or Shotscope etc.  Do you plan on using both during your rounds or can you see yourself not using the shot tracking features with the watch?

Good question to start @B.Boston. I have been having issues with the data tracking in Arccos and have begun to strictly use it as a rangefinder. I plan on comparing the watch to the Arccos system to see if I can replace Arccos.

Typically, I do wear a watch on a daily basis, but since I'm working from home, I don't wear a watch daily anymore. I'll let my fashion designer (aka my wife) tell me if I can use it as an everyday watch.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I also have a question on those that will be using everyday. Looks like a watch that would be "waterproof" I do not see anything on SkyCaddie website? Can A) anyone find out if this is actually waterproof and B) would you risk swimming with this?

For me if I ever get a watch it will be something like this that I can use for golf and multi-use because I do not really like things on my hands/wrist and I would have to wear it everyday to get used to it...That includes swimming.

From the website:
The LX5’s brilliant AMOLED display allows you to see information on the screen in direct sunlight, and its ruggedized water-resistant casing can handle any weather.

I'm guessing this isn't a watch you want to go swimming with, but it won't crap out if you get caught in a bad rainstorm on the course.

• Like 5

Curious to hear how these perform and how the battery holds up.  I used to have a Skycaddie SG5, but stop playing as frequently and didn't make sense to keep up with the subscription fee.  Plus back then I had to load each course onto the Skycaddie from my PC.  Just use an old Bushnell rangefinder now.  I do miss the simplicity of the skycaddie, just glance for the front / middle / back yardages and go.  

• Like 4

As a relatively new Spy with MGS, I’m honored to have been chosen by @GolfSpy MPR to be a part of this review on the SkyCaddie LX5 watch. My goal is to put the watch thru it’s paces, provide critique and feedback, along with listening to the request of my fellow Spies and their questions ... and answering them as honest and best that I can. 

But enough about that, a little bit about me and I’ll try to keep this short and sweet ... 

image.gif.870ce5d83276837997192485ab3e91ca.gif

I’m an avid golfer residing in Charleston, SC (been here for close to 3 years) who now golfs at a minimum of twice a week and at most 4 times a week. And that is a direct result of having been lucky enough to find 3 other golfing dudes who are easy going, fun to be around, good company, enjoy placing sporting wagers, can 💩 talk with the best of them and all have the unique talent for the appropriate use of gifs within our phone text thread. 

I currently work in the finance industry and have done so for the past 13 years. Prior to that, I spent several years in the golf industry working as an assistant golf pro ... along with being a h/s head golf coach for two seasons as well. Not sure what compelled me to switch from golf to finance back in ‘06 (likely burnout and feeling like I was still at work when I was golfing on my days off) ... but got my foot in the door with Merrill Lynch, past my licenses and been here ever since. 

After the financial crisis, I switched firms, got promoted, moved to Chicago with my wife and spent close to 7 years there ... 3 years in Lakeview/Wrigleyville and 4 years in Lincoln Square. My game took a dramatic hit with that move ... was within single digits for handicap at the time of the move in ‘09 ... and at the moment, I’m at 13. In those 7 years, I likely played a full 18 about 3-4 times and managed to play a couple of sunrise 530am golf at Chicago’s 9 holer on the lake, good ol Sydney Marovitz and still make it to work by 830 ... along with taking my Sunday bag to the Diversey Driving Range. 

image.gif.2ec0c0cef80dac5453d0b5ffc759e1ef.gif

Not long thereafter, our daughter came along, we moved to Lincoln Square and the shocking cost of daycare expenses (it’s a legit monthly mortgage expense there) had completely shut down my game for good in Chicago.

Fast fwd thru our 3 years and the limited golf I had in Atlanta and now our final and permanent move to Charleston ... I’m writing this thread to you golf nuts. 

My biggest weakness is my mental game ... one of my golf buddies says it best, ‘McFaul can be the prettiest 79 or 97 round you’ll see’. And that comment came not after I shot a round of 79 one weekend, but it came after the following weekend round when I shot 97. It’s difficult knowing where you once were, and subsequently putting more pressure on yourself to perform at that level. I know I have the swing, but I’m a headcase when standing over the ball.

With that said, (and as I quickly scroll back up, I do apologize for this not being so short, but hopefully sweet) my current yardage reading is via my phone and TheGrint app. Additionally I’m lucky to have my other 3 golfing buddies in possession of a rangefinder and pre C-19, I’d have a rangefinder in our shared cart. 

One of the things I like about TheGrint is not just its relative yardage accuracy, within a few yards, but also it’s reflection of yardage to the front/back portions of the green. But alas, in the solo cart world now, especially if the course is wet during high tide here, and it’s cart path only ... and having to lug 2-3 clubs, my phone, a towel from the cart path to my ball ... the use of TheGrint app is cumbersome and annoying. And yes, I’m a ‘hate my phone in my pocket’ golfer. 

One of the things I’m most excited about with the LX5 watch is the reading of the slopes and undulations of the green. My 2nd biggest weakness is lag putting ... I have an extreme amount of confidence inside of 20ft, but anything beyond that and I have the putting yips. It’s legit terrible.

image.gif.0fc682f47f65a87d14cb0afc4f2699b1.gif

Clearly, not THAT bad, but y’all get my point. 

Anyhow, I’m looking to see if the LX5 can help me concentrate more on my shot in that moment, and not have my thoughts to drift elsewhere ... and hopefully help get more approach shots on the green inside of 20ft and on the right pin side slope of the green. 

Lastly, we’re next door to the self proclaimed golf capital of the world at Myrtle Beach and we generally play a new course or the same course about once a month or every other month up there. I believe having the LX5 will give me an advantage over my fellow golfing buddies and more $5/$10 a-side bets into my pocket. 

Alright, I’m out! 

image.gif.1332d06fbbce91b97e4c5a0af9ba7d82.gif

Edited by mikeanthony
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

The 🙌🏼

Hey gang, I'm back at it again!  First and foremost, THANK YOU to MGS for giving us all the opportunity to test out this watch.  I can't thank you enough!  For those of you who don't know me, I am one of the only members from Delaware.  I know we are a small state, but c'mon everyone we can represent better than a few of us.  I am a former baseball player (hence the name) turned "golfer".  Golfer is in quotes because I don't consider myself a real golfer for some reason.  I play to a 5 handicap but almost everyone I play with is WAAAY better than me.  Maybe that's why, who knows. 

I am mostly self taught (you can imagine) with some of my better friends giving me tips here and there.  I am 45 years old...s*** that happened fast, and the father of three beautiful kids.  I am a teacher by trade, I teach middle school science and spec ed and coach football and now golf.  In the summer, I work at a course close to my home.  I have been there for about five years and it's amazing.  I am addicted to this game and am addicted to getting better, much like many of you on here. 

About my game, I am aggressive.  I hit the ball hard and chase it.  I have been trying to slow down my swing speed to gain the control and it's working.  I don't need distance.  For the past few years I have used both my Bushnell Range Finder and my Garmin Approach S20.  When playing at my home course, I generally just use the Garmin watch and for the most part it works okay.  I like how it gives me distances to KNOWN hazards and distances to carry said hazards.  It also gives me distances if I want to have a certain number to lay up....hahahaha don't need that feature.  Generally I use it for knowing front, middle and back distances for the greens.  When I am playing a course I don't often play, I may use my laser more to shoot distances to certain spots like a tree or a bush etc. I will also use it more for the greens as well.  It's a pain to have to use both.  I am looking forward to the SkyCaddie LX5 because one, the color touchscreen and two how I am able to move the cursor around.  I am a watch wearer and from the looks of this, when it's in watch mode the face looks to be decent looking.  I will find out soon enough. 

I plan on taking the approach that it's the LX5 vs BOTH Garmin S20 and Bushnell range finder.  I want simpler, less gadgets and I am hoping the LX5 can deliver. 

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

I’m curious to know, how many of you have played with a watch on before?

Do you think that will present a challenge?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

10 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

Thanks again for this amazing opportunity! I can't wait to use this on all the different courses I play, none of them have GPS in the carts and most only use colored stripes on the cart path for distances. I currently use a Bushnell rangefinder for pin distances but it's awfully hard to get distances to hazards with it, especially on courses I haven't played. I'm a pretty aggressive player, always going for the pin unless I know there's trouble and it makes more sense to aim for the middle of the green. I rarely know this though, particularly in my tournaments when I'm unfamiliar with the course I'm playing so I can't imagine how valuable this is about to be! The rangefinder does have the slope option which is very useful where I live. There's no such thing as a flat hole out here so knowing how slope affects the yardages is extremely beneficial.

To answer @B.Boston, I ditched my Shot Scope V3 because I wasn't happy with it after a few rounds. I won't spoil what I'm comparing it against just yet, but I expect this to blow it out of the water.

And yes, this will be an everyday watch for me. I have to keep track of my heart rate because of a cardiac condition so this just made life so much easier for me with the built in monitor.

I like the honest feedback on the V3, for I’ve very nearly bought in several different occasions. Just can’t get myself to commit and pull the trigger to buy it ... but such a tempting deal though. 

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

2 minutes ago, TBT said:

I have not ... but I have played for about 12 months with the Whoop strap on my left wrist and had no issue with it.

Haven’t been a watch wearer as of lately, but even when I was, it was no watch during my rounds. 

Def curious to see how it jibes with me and I’m thinking at the moment it won’t be an issue. We’ll see ... 

• Like 4

The 🙌🏼

10 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Can’t answer the first question ... but I’m definitely curious to see the comparison from other testers regarding that. 

And honestly, I do plan on wearing as a daily watch as well. Based on the pictures with the silver face, it’s look really nice. I have several dress watches for work, but outside of an old Timex watch from Target that needs a battery replacement, I don’t currently have an everyday watch. 

Plus, if it can give me score updates during the Fall for my Dolphins 🐬 over the Patriots ... I’m sold! 🙌🏼 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The 🙌🏼

Can’t answer the first question ... but I’m definitely curious to see the comparison from other testers regarding that. 
And honestly, I do plan on wearing as a daily watch as well. Based on the pictures with the silver face, it’s look really nice. I have several dress watches for work, but outside of an old Timex watch from Target that needs a battery replacement, I don’t currently have an everyday watch. 
Plus, if it can give me score updates during the Fall for my Dolphins over the Patriots ... I’m sold!  

If it’s the game down in Miami I wouldn’t be surprised. Hahaha

Y’all think I’m one of them Boston Sports fans that doesn’t realize other teams can win too huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

If it’s the game down in Miami I wouldn’t be surprised. Hahaha

Y’all think I’m one of them Boston Sports fans that doesn’t realize other teams can win too huh? emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Yessir! We’ve had y’alls number the past few season when it’s at home. 

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

Yessir! We’ve had y’alls number the past few season when it’s at home. 

The media up here will tell you it’s due to the heat and humidity... because apparently that doesn’t exist up here in the summer.

• Like 4

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

2 hours ago, TBT said:

All the time.  No issues whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

10 hours ago, TBT said:

I have played with a watch in the past.  If the buttons are in the right place it should be fine.  I did have one that every swing I would hit a button and it would beep.  

• Like 3

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Just now, JoshAndersonGolf said:

I have played with a watch in the past.  If the buttons are in the right place it should be fine.  I did have one that every swing I would hit a button and it would beep.  

I played with GPS watches , i think since they first came out. If your not used to wearing a watch while you play, it could be a little getting used . Like Josh mention some may have button in a certain way that you may turn off the watch or hit a different action button, but is not a regular issue.

• Like 4

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

OK, late to the party...about me: 

My name is Doug.  I'm 45, I started golfing in 2011.  This is my third MGS product review 🙂.  I reviewed Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 grips, and Lynx Black Cat Irons.  I golf in the spring, summer, fall.  I snowboard in the winter.  My wife golfs and skis.  It works out really well 🙂 

Last summer I was probably a 20-21 hcp.  A tweak to my swing at the range got me hitting the ball straight and far again.  I'm currently a 16.5 and hopefully dropping.  My strength is probably putting.  My current weakness is sand.  I had a sand shot that pretty much guaranteed I'd be on the green but it has gotten away from me.  Many bladed shots recently.    I'll answer some of the questions we were provided, and then get to some of yours. 

Do you play mostly one course or a lot of different courses?

Lately I play our course, Basking Ridge CC in Basking Ridge, NJ.  It is longer than average by the numbers.  I have been playing the senior tees since my swing fell apart a few years ago, and have since stuck with that until I shoot a 79.  We also have a White/Gold combo on the scorecard that is more in line with white tees at public courses.   I play those or white in league events.    The county courses by me are really good though; and, farther north is Crystal Springs resort, which has 6 great courses in its surrounding vicinity. Ballyowen and Wild Turkey are standouts there.  I used to live across the highway from Black Bear in Franklin, NJ, so I've also played that one a ton. 

Conservative or aggressive play? Aim at pins or the center of the green?

That depends on the situation.  I will lay up if I need to.  I'll usually go for anything inside 175 yds,  but, I know that from 75-80 yds my chances to hit the green are high.  I've been aiming more at center of green and let it work towards the pin, I miss more right.  

What distance methods are your currently using? And what criteria is important to you in evaluating this watch?

I currently use mostly my Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder.  I also have Arccos, but it's usually in my pocket unless I need a front or back reading, or it's dusk and I can't actually see the pin. I also have a Garmin S2 watch which works great.  I got the watch before the scope.  The S2 just gives green distances front, middle, back but it's quite accurate.  It will also calculate layup distances, and measure shots.   It has zero graphics, just numbers.  Courses are found by GPS somehow which is cool, no software updates.  It is simple and effective.  I just prefer the scope.  The watch battery will occasionally drain before the round ends.  It has a weird proprietary charging attachment. 

I have a Samsung Frontier S3 smart watch.  That thing is neat and I often wondered about installing golf apps on it.  Arccos seems to want me to connect to it for something but I have no idea what Arccos does with it, I suppose a tracking alternative to my phone.  The watch is awesome, but the second I connect it to my phone it just wants more and more updates, all, the time.   I keep it disconnected and just use it as a fancy pedometer.   

So, for this new SC watch.  I would obviously like for it to be accurate, and simple.  I'm hoping to not have to toggle through prompts to get a distance to a bunker or front of a green.  It needs to be easy to charge.  The current Samsung micro usb interface would be awesome for charging if it has that.  I have drawers full of different charger wires, I love stuff with standardized charging interfaces.  It needs to last more than 18 holes, otherwise I'm not wearing it besides on the course.   If somehow the watch actually knows where the pin is on the green, that would rule.  I'm not expecting that, but hey!   We do have one green that is over 100 yards long 🙂    It also needs to be stable, not prone to crashing, and not prone to wanting or requiring constant updates.    The only thing holding my Bushnell scope back is its battery, so as long as I have spares I'm good.   

Ok,  I'll go back and read your questions 🙂 

Once again, thanks so much for the opportunity.  

• Like 9

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

I currently play my 40mm size Apple Watch and it doesn’t bug me. I’m interested to compare the LX5 in size to the Apple Watch and if it is much bigger, it could present a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

12 hours ago, TBT said:

Before getting Arccos, I used the Garmin Approach S2. I never really had any issues playing with a watch on my wrist. 

It is kind of a "training aid" in a way because when I am cupping my right wrist in my back swing, I'll end up leaving the club face open and push or slice to the left. It is easier to feel that wrist cupping when wearing a watch.

• Like 2