Home Practice Area

Our Sponsors

I'm in the process of closing on a new home at the end of October. I will have my own home office with plenty of space for a putting mat, but we also have an unfinished basement which potentially has room for a larger practice area. Any recommendations or how have you created practice space?

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I'm in the process of closing on a new home at the end of October. I will have my own home office with plenty of space for a putting mat, but we also have an unfinished basement which potentially has room for a larger practice area. Any recommendations or how have you created practice space?

Probably depends on what you want to practice. If I had the space I would install a hitting net and get a skytrak or mevo+ to work on the swing aspect.

My frustration with putting mats is the inability to practice 20+ foot putts. If you room is large enough put down carpet that can simulate a putting green. If space is a concern I would highly recommend the ExPutt system.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Probably depends on what you want to practice. If I had the space I would install a hitting net and get a skytrak or mevo+ to work on the swing aspect.

My frustration with putting mats is the inability to practice 20+ foot putts. If you room is large enough put down carpet that can simulate a putting green. If space is a concern I would highly recommend the ExPutt system.

I need to do some measurements and see if there is enough space to install a hitting net. At least has enough room to do some sort of chipping game to work on the touch. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

i’m setting up a hitting bay in my garage without a ton of room, so it’s definitely doable. 

all you really need to do is bring your driver down to the basement and see if you can swing it comfortably. if you can, then start looking into nets/mats, etc.

you could also cut a stick to 1-2” over your driver length and swing it around to test your clearance so that you don’t have to worry about damaging your club

i say cut it over length because i’ve found that when people are testing their clearances, they get t-rex arms because they want the space to work. then when they swing the real thing, they’re hitting walls and ceilings. 

• Like 1

@Chip StrokesWhat is wrong with T-Rex arms....? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun