2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

I feel for the Hank Leboida owners….eagles the last hole going into the weekend and then a WD. 

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

3 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I feel for the Hank Leboida owners….eagles the last hole going into the weekend and then a WD. 

Ugh, I just saw that. Had an 8-2 week all but locked up and now I might only win 2 or 3. RyMo made a huge push today just to bogey 2 of the last 3 and miss the cut by 1.

• Sad 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

19 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Yea him and Kyle Stanley missing the cut by 1 are killing me. At least kyle gets some points despite playing worse than Hank.

• Sad 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

2nd - 8th just got a lot tighter. Battle for those bonus points. 👀

I've tried looking at Fantrax but can’t tell, are we playing the WGC St Jude or is the last event before the playoffs the Wyndham?

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

7 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

2nd - 8th just got a lot tighter. Battle for those bonus points. 👀

I've tried looking at Fantrax but can’t tell, are we playing the WGC St Jude or is the last event before the playoffs the Wyndham?

There is the St Jude then the Wyndham. There is a break though with no event this coming weekend

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Mito and Louis saved me today. Was on my way to a 2-8 week and was going to fall to 8th but they went off and I went 6-4 to stay in 4th. Now that Rahm has pulled out of the Olympics I'm hoping he'll rejoin the field at the WGC.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition

7 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Now that Rahm has pulled out of the Olympics I'm hoping he'll rejoin the field at the WGC.

You and me both!

Im also looking to do 1 last trade before the deadline. I know Zalatoris doesn’t have any value other than the last 2 events but will add him to a 1 for 1 deal should the guy I received require it. He may be the guy that helps get you to the playoffs, extra bonus points, or a win in the last 2 events and be the missing piece for a championship run.  
You may be looking at my roster and wondering where Zalatoris is. Him, Hovland, and Niemann will be on my roster when the commishes get a chance to approve it. 

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I would be more than happy for Rahm to play as well. I think I only have Lowry out at the Olympics now....

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

In a last curiosity search before playoffs I am putting everyone EXCEPT Spieth and Brooks on the trade block. I have put in my trade block the guys I would be after heading into the final 36 hours or so before playoffs. Send a offer and I will normally counter or put something in the notes of the decline as to what my thinking is or if there is something else you would consider. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Week 25: 3M Open

Another week is over and our standings at the top and bottom have tightened up making for a exciting finish over the next couple weeks. Congrats to Cam Champ as he got his 3rd PGA tour win of his career and seemingly finally broke though this year. I'll admit I did not watch a minute of it and can't weigh in on how the event really went. 

Congrats also to @Golfermarcus for being the highest scoring team this week. His team managed a big 220.3 points in a week for a weaker field. His team was 1 of 3 team crack 200 this week and this kinda showed with our league median being at 114.38 which as we now know is a below average. 

Our 10-0 teams have certainly made things interesting as we will see in a second, however here they are a well done this week!

Screenshot 2021-07-26 06.26.46.png

@blackngold_blood is now comfortable with a 11.5 game lead with 2 weeks to play. Then things get really interesting. Luck hit me pretty hard and I have fallen back and join several stellar teams in a short range making the battle in the last 2 weeks extremely exciting!
Screenshot 2021-07-26 11.05.40.png

**Fantrax has updated and it was showing slightly different standings a hour ago and not sure which are correct**

The great battle for bonus points has certainly warmed up and will be fun to see how it plays out. 20 wins are up for grabs so lots of movement possible and 2 very different events that will have solid fields as well!

With all that said it isn't just the top that has tightening up, our cut line battle also has 15 teams within 10 games... Spots 31-45 are all within 10 games and will be really fun to watch.
Screenshot 2021-07-26 11.06.03.png

Now we come to the last 3 days before the trade deadline and your teams will be somewhat locked minus waiver moves. Trades are seemingly harder to come by now and teams are more content with their rosters. 

That is now a wrap for this week. Thanks all for following along and contributing to this fantastic league as we wind down. No matchups this week so take the time to see if you like your roster and we will see what happens at the trade deadline!

Cheers

Thanks again for the weekly summaries.  So I think I saw a post saying we are inactive this coming week (no match-up's)?  Can you provide a quick "what's remaining" and any key happenings, such as this "last 3 days before trade deadline", highlights?  When does the regular weekly league end and the playoffs begin?  Sorry for the rookie-ish questions.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks again for the weekly summaries.  So I think I saw a post saying we are inactive this coming week (no match-up's)?  Can you provide a quick "what's remaining" and any key happenings, such as this "last 3 days before trade deadline", highlights?  When does the regular weekly league end and the playoffs begin?  Sorry for the rookie-ish questions.

Of course!
We have 2 events left in our Regular Season. WGC St. Jude Classic then Wyndham. After that the dreaded cut happens and top 35 make it through to playoffs. 

Playoffs quickly Week 1 bottom 15 get cut again. Top 20 onto week 2 and after another 10 get cut. Week 3 is final week of playoffs and team that finishes on top wins it all! For playoffs points carryover each week. Example week 1 score 150, week 2 score 200 then your score going into week 3 (if you are top 10) is 350. Keep in mind this is mostly done manually as fantrax's system does not have a system for it. I'll try and keep that updated as we go each week. See bonus points up top.

Apologies as I am going off of Fantrax's system and you should double check, but Trade Deadline is July 29th at 12:59 ADT. Or July 28th 11:59 Eastern. Rest of the time zones I will let all of you figure out. 

This week with the Olympics and no big even we do not have any matchups, so just trades, adds drops and the like. 

That is basically all of it. Cut line is at 35 and other then that make the best of your weeks remaining and lets also make sure all trades are reasonable. I don't believe anyone would just give up and give away players or the commissioners would let that happen, but in the remaining time as much as this is for fun we are competitive so lets make sure proper deals happen. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Alright, after speaking to a couple of commissioners and making sure we got our trade evened out I am done with trades once this one is executed. The only thing I will even look at is trading Cantlay for Koepka but I've already talked to all the Brooksy owners that will respond so I know that isn't happening, haha.

Can I make a request that next year we have a post somewhere that has team names and the owners next to them? Sometimes the names don't match up and it's tough to know who is who for the guys that aren't as active.

Looking forward to the last few weeks, should be fun to follow! Also, if I make it to the Tour Championship in fantasy I will be at East Lake on Saturday and Sunday putting a hex on anyone I'm going against haha.

• Like 3

So if FTx is correct, I have a grand total of none of my roster playing in the St. Jude this week 😲. I see they have until this Friday to commit.  This makes deciding on any trades a little challenging.

• Like 1

So if FTx is correct, I have a grand total of none of my roster playing in the St. Jude this week 😲. I see they have until this Friday to commit.  This makes deciding on any trades a little challenging.

Fantrax won’t update the site until it’s usual time on Sunday or Monday I’m guessing. There isn’t a lot of info out right now on who is playing the FedEx yet. Just who may meet the qualifications. 

There isn't an official field announced just yet so nobody has any green checkmarks showing they are playing. Usually it is top 50 OWGR and winners in the past year but a good chunk of the Olympians have already withdrawn from my understanding.

3 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

There isn't an official field announced just yet so nobody has any green checkmarks showing they are playing. Usually it is top 50 OWGR and winners in the past year but a good chunk of the Olympians have already withdrawn from my understanding.

This is correct, because there is no official field Fantrax cannot put any checkmarks as to who is playing. To that end the field won't be officially announced until AFTER our trade deadline has passed so it will make for some tricky trades. Most of the top names will be there and only a few have officially backed out, however that can still change. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Reed to the Olympic Team... perfect timing 😕.  All aboard.

Elevator GIF | Gfycat

The trade sheet has been updated folks.

MGS Golf Fantasy trade chart

Happy last couple of days of trading.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Of course!
We have 2 events left in our Regular Season. WGC St. Jude Classic then Wyndham. After that the dreaded cut happens and top 35 make it through to playoffs. 

Playoffs quickly Week 1 bottom 15 get cut again. Top 20 onto week 2 and after another 10 get cut. Week 3 is final week of playoffs and team that finishes on top wins it all! For playoffs points carryover each week. Example week 1 score 150, week 2 score 200 then your score going into week 3 (if you are top 10) is 350. Keep in mind this is mostly done manually as fantrax's system does not have a system for it. I'll try and keep that updated as we go each week. See bonus points up top.

Apologies as I am going off of Fantrax's system and you should double check, but Trade Deadline is July 29th at 12:59 ADT. Or July 28th 11:59 Eastern. Rest of the time zones I will let all of you figure out. 

This week with the Olympics and no big even we do not have any matchups, so just trades, adds drops and the like. 

That is basically all of it. Cut line is at 35 and other then that make the best of your weeks remaining and lets also make sure all trades are reasonable. I don't believe anyone would just give up and give away players or the commissioners would let that happen, but in the remaining time as much as this is for fun we are competitive so lets make sure proper deals happen. 

Thanks for all the info and summaries you have put out. I look forward to your posts after each event. Buckle up, going to be a fun next few weeks before playoffs...I'm regretting punting on the one event earlier this year and taking the 0-10. Hopefully the next two go well for me and I keep that 2nd place. Such a roller coaster! 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder