2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

Just now, blackngold_blood said:

Nope withdrawal means no points. 

Whack. Not like he had a choice! I look at this as like a football injury. If Julio Jones had 2 touchdowns and 100 yards then twists an ankle and can’t play his poijnts count. Idk

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

11 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Wasn’t it the same sample tested twice?  If so they should take a new one and go from there. 

I’m not positive, but the sample being the same shouldn’t matter unless there are concerns of contamination. Which is doubtful given how many tests they do. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I’m not positive, but the sample being the same shouldn’t matter unless there are concerns of contamination. Which is doubtful given how many tests they do. 

Call me crazy but after testing negative all week before popping a positive, I would demand a new test be taken. Testing the same sample and getting the same results isn’t a surprise. IMO they should take a new sample to confirm the positive before officially withdrawing him. 

Also I was under the impression that the test is actually for antibodies for COVID and wouldn’t the vaccine give him that?

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

9 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Call me crazy but after testing negative all week before popping a positive, I would demand a new test be taken. Testing the same sample and getting the same results isn’t a surprise. IMO they should take a new sample to confirm the positive before officially withdrawing him. 

Also I was under the impression that the test is actually for antibodies for COVID and wouldn’t the vaccine give him that?

It will not. You wouldn’t have enough live virus to trigger a positive test from the vaccine. It’s absolutely unfortunate. Only silver lining is they all knew these rules and procedures coming in. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Late to the party but wow, cannot believe it. There will always be both sides of the argument for our points system and sadly fantrax doesn't or can't handle withdraws other ways. That also makes at least 3 for this event (Day and Kisner were others I saw). Really hope that over night maybe something can happen or change? However it doesn't seem likely. Feel for all those teams with Rahm and hope it isn't more then a week away and he is good and back for the US Open. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Soooooo anyone ready to trade rahm if he’s out for 2 weeks. Ya know atheletes with covid have never been the same after for a while.....I’m ready to buy low....

too soon?

• Haha 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Soooooo anyone ready to trade rahm if he’s out for 2 weeks. Ya know atheletes with covid have never been the same after for a while.....I’m ready to buy low....

too soon?

He will probably be come back with vengeance since he was so far ahead and win the last 5 events of the season. I'm scared of how good post covid angry Rahm is going to be...

Also pretty sure Hatton only missed one week when he tested positive earlier this season. I would expect Rahm to be back for the US Open and he didn't commit to next weeks event anyway. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

8 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

According to Sportscenter this morning, players who are fully vaccinated are not required to be tested anymore. While they don't know for sure that Rahm has not been vaccinated, this seems to suggest he wasn't.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

26 minutes ago, Hobert said:

According to Sportscenter this morning, players who are fully vaccinated are not required to be tested anymore. While they don't know for sure that Rahm has not been vaccinated, this seems to suggest he wasn't.

I thought I read somewhere that he was vaccinated this week after the close contact.  That said I also read that they aren’t required to test unless they are considered a close contact. 

• Like 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

16 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I thought I read somewhere that he was vaccinated this week after the close contact.  That said I also read that they aren’t required to test unless they are considered a close contact. 

Wouldn't be the first time ESPN reported something wrong and/or incomplete 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Speaking of next week's tournament, since the field is mostly lower tier people like the Corales I think it's only fair we skip the event. I have zero people playing and it's impossible for me to field a team which is the reason the last event was skipped. I was set to go 10-0 that week and it was cancelled last minute so I need the same since I'm going 0-10 next week haha. In all seriousness though, I am curious how many teams will be able to roster 4 golfers. It may be more than I think but the field seems super weak.

Somehow I'm sitting 9-1 after Rahm's points were subtracted. Hope my other guys finish strong today!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

16 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Speaking of next week's tournament, since the field is mostly lower tier people like the Corales I think it's only fair we skip the event. I have zero people playing and it's impossible for me to field a team which is the reason the last event was skipped. I was set to go 10-0 that week and it was cancelled last minute so I need the same since I'm going 0-10 next week haha. In all seriousness though, I am curious how many teams will be able to roster 4 golfers. It may be more than I think but the field seems super weak.

Somehow I'm sitting 9-1 after Rahm's points were subtracted. Hope my other guys finish strong today!

Although I would agree that it is a weaker field, I would vote no to skip this event.

Corales did not have any top players at all, looking back it was very much a second tier field and the top player maybe being Willett or winner Dahmen. 

Next weeks event had DJ, Koepka, Fitz, Hatton, Fleetwood, English, Glover, Grace, Hahn (who is often rostered by 5 teams), SungJae, Kisner (although he has been a letdown this season), Kizzire, Noren, Rodgers, Straka, Willett and more... so although again I agree it is a weaker field it by no means compares to Corales. 

Sadly we have all had to punt on a few weeks. I have had on at least 3 weeks this year, sadly it is part of the (long) season and is part of roster management. I'm sure if the commissioners want they can put it to a vote, however I do see this in a different light then I do Corales. That being said I am open to hear any arguments out that anyone has...also reading back I am seeing the sarcasm you put in... my bad. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Plus, Corales was an opposite field event due to the match play. Not the same situation as this week where the main event just didn’t draw many top players. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

13 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Whack. Not like he had a choice! I look at this as like a football injury. If Julio Jones had 2 touchdowns and 100 yards then twists an ankle and can’t play his poijnts count. Idk

I think we all agree with you there. It’s a running complication in fantasy golf. Once someone WDs, the Tour wipes out the stats as if they never entered the event. Naturally, Fantrax gets their stats from the Tour official stats. This is different from the NFL or other sports where substitutions happen all the time and stats still count regardless. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Although I would agree that it is a weaker field, I would vote no to skip this event.

Corales did not have any top players at all, looking back it was very much a second tier field and the top player maybe being Willett or winner Dahmen. 

Next weeks event had DJ, Koepka, Fitz, Hatton, Fleetwood, English, Glover, Grace, Hahn (who is often rostered by 5 teams), SungJae, Kisner (although he has been a letdown this season), Kizzire, Noren, Rodgers, Straka, Willett and more... so although again I agree it is a weaker field it by no means compares to Corales. 

Sadly we have all had to punt on a few weeks. I have had on at least 3 weeks this year, sadly it is part of the (long) season and is part of roster management. I'm sure if the commissioners want they can put it to a vote, however I do see this in a different light then I do Corales. That being said I am open to hear any arguments out that anyone has...also reading back I am seeing the sarcasm you put in... my bad. 

Yeah I was just poking fun at it, I'll pick up one guy and hope he wins it haha.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

I’m not sold on the idea yet but I’m taking offers on Hovland.  Just like before English and Tringale need not apply lol

• Like 2

Looks like Fantrax is jacked up again. The weekly matchups have just change for the 3rd time as well as scores being wrong. Who knew Rahm’s WD would have this kind of trickle effect!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Looks like Fantrax is jacked up again. The weekly matchups have just change for the 3rd time as well as scores being wrong. Who knew Rahm’s WD would have this kind of trickle effect!

These changing of matchups are playing with my nerves... I keep not knowing how my week is panning out and with Rahms points still in have no idea if I'll be at 5 or 10 or anywhere inbetween. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

5 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’m not sold on the idea yet but I’m taking offers on Hovland.  Just like before English and Tringale need not apply lol

I take it my triple threat trio isn't of interest?  Too bad because I think Malnati is due to come out of his coma and Hughes is just peaking.

• Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Yes, somehow I have fewer wins now despite having a good week. 

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW