Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

WITB & UNOFFICIAL REVIEW OF CLUBS and some equipment

I will start at the Top of the Bag and work my way down.

Driver- I currently am using a Mavrik Sub Zero w/  Kinetixx Ballistic Shaft. I love this shaft, it has been my favorite shaft I have played although i would love to test out the Kinetixx Velocity shaft and the LAGolf shafts. The Mavrik I would have to say I am not totally in love with. It is not the most forgiving driver but when I center punch one it is the longest driver I have personally played.( Other than Long drive clubs).

NO 3 WOOD  For where I Live and where I play I use my 3 wood only about 1 or 2 times a year so I replaced it with a 2 iron.

2 IRON-  Mizuno MP-20 HMB w/ Nippon TOUR 130 X stiff Shaft. I have a love/hate relationship with this club. I want to try and get a graphite shaft for it but as of now I have a steel shaft which in my Opinion makes it a little tougher to hit. When I hit it good it can be a great alternative to a 3 wood or a driver. I cant get it to about 250+ on solid contact and good conditions. I do struggle to consistently hit this club solid. This is partially the player and then also I believe I need a different shaft. This has great potential of being a driver replacement for tight fairways or dog legs.

3 IRON(UTILITY IRON)- COBRA King Utility iron w/ Kinetixx Ballistic 90G shaft. This is probably my favorite club in the top of my bag. This is an awesome fairway finder and other situations club. It is much more forgiving then my 2 iron and It feels  and flies great. This is surprisingly workable and useful in the rough also.

4-PW  Miura TC-201 w/ project X 7.0. I enjoy these irons. I bought these more so out of curiosity of what Miura's were like to play. I would say the TC-201 plays closer to a Blade than a cavity back which is what they take on the looks of. All I have ever heard is they are butter. So I wanted to see for myself. As much as I enjoy these clubs, they are not exactly what I thought they would be, they are butter at times but they are also hard to hit. My expectations were higher then the reality of them. That is not to say the don't feel great and play great. I would personally be open to selling these and testing out other irons, but I still enjoy playing these clubs and the looks of them don't hurt either.

To Compare before this I had AP2's and I loved those clubs but the curiosity of what Muira's were like got to me and I had to try them.

WEDGES- VOKEY SM8(50,56,60)-- I cannot say enough how much I enjoy playing vokey wedges. I personally will ever have a hard time changing to something else. I bought some taylormade hi-toes to try out and ended up selling them after 1 range session because I did not like the weight and the feel of them. I think vokeys are the best wedges you can get but there are some wedges I have not tried.

PUTTER- 33' Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5, this is my favorite putter I have used. It feels soft off the face and feels heavy enough in my hands to give me confidence in my putting stroke.

ACCESORIES 

Other things I have in my bag that I enjoy and the 2 tour towels from Legion Golf, Right now I use Asher gloves if I don't use those Taylor made makes a glove I like. I usually use Titleist prov1x balls.

I have a precision pro NX9 which I enjoy using I am not sure if it is much of a con but the button on top is almost too easy to press but other than that it is very nice to use at a great price.

I personally use a sun mountain pathfinder 4 push cart  and I love using it. It makes walking much better than lugging clubs on your back and not having to pay for a cart or ride in a cart.

I also buy Dormie workshop headcovers. High quality head covers but it comes in a little bit pricey for a headcover. I like the designs and things Dormie comes out with.

olf.jpg

Edited by Briton

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero