Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mizuno JPX 923

GolfSpy TCB

I'm just hoping for a couple more lefty options.  Currently playing the 921 HM this year, and although I love em, I would have really liked to get into the HM Pro.  Sadly, it was HM or go all the way to the Tour, and unfortunately, my swing is just not consistent enough to be able to give up that much in forgiveness.

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

13 hours ago, Samsonite said:

You've had your sleep - NOW TELL ME EVERYTHING. 🙂

I can't. 

However, the HM and HMP are being released on 9/23. The forged and tour will be around February worldwide with the exception of Japan, they get it all now. The lofts have been strengthened slightly, but they will land the ball on a steeper angle so shots should stick on green, especially with the longer irons.

No lefty yet, but they will eventually be available, just don't know when.

The T-22 wedges are having a new colour added, Ion Blue. Available in October, but I can get it next month if I choose that over the denim copper.

New ball is meant to be fantastic. So much better than the current POS. Not being released until later, but again, I will have 1 dozen next month.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I can't. 

However, the HM and HMP are being released on 9/23. The forged and tour will be around February worldwide with the exception of Japan, they get it all now. The lofts have been strengthened slightly, but they will land the ball on a steeper angle so shots should stick on green, especially with the longer irons.

The T-22 wedges are having a new colour added, Ion Blue. Available in October, but I can get it next month if I choose that over the denim copper.

New ball is meant to be fantastic. So much better than the current POS. Not being released until later, but again, I will have 1 dozen next month.

Awesome update. Looks like I've gotew months to save up and decide. Thanks!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I made a decision at the beginning of June that I wanted to close the season out with some updated clubs, not wait into the winter - and guessed that backlogs might drop if people were waiting for 923s.  I tried the HM Pros and forged, but the dispersion was worse, so swallowed my ego and went 921 HM all the way.

I've had my 921 HMs for 6 days now - arriving the day after my first hole in one.  Dimensions are very similar to my JPX-800 pros - so I don't feel in need of a thinner topline, and the balls are FLYING.  The 9i is essentially the same distance (but backs up on the green), everything else is a nice 15 yard gap.  The real killer is the 5i.  Before it was a squirty low club at 175 on a good day, now it is a high centre flight averaging 195.  Instant confidence.

I'm not sure how they could improve it!  But when I go back to my fitter for part 2 (hybrids) I will be looking very closely. The only thing I can see down on my old set is the "pick" on 9i chips doesn't feel quite as crisp.  Blended 921 HM/923 HM set anyone?

Current Bag(s)

• Mizuno ST-X 230 Dr (Mitsubishi Kai'Li Blue 60R)
  • Mizuno ST-X 220 4H, 5W, 3W (Aldila Ascent 50 R)
  • Mizuno JPX-921 4i-PW, S22 50/08 T22 55, 60 (Modus 105 R)
  • Odyssey Strokelab Double Width Triple Track 
  • Chromesoft Triple Track or Supersoft

20 hours ago, Everardo said:

🤣

v6sCGiB.jpeg

giphy.gif

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 8/19/2022 at 7:17 AM, MattF said:

I can't. 

Was really hoping to see the forged in the demo carts before the end of the year 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

22 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Was really hoping to see the forged in the demo carts before the end of the year 

If you can get to Japan...

In the bag:

Bag: 

Makes it easy for me. No lefty don't need to worry about any of it! Moving on!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 8/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, ryan.mzzz said:

i was fit into the 225’s this year, they were by far my best trackman numbers, though very close to my current gamers. but the feel sucked and the sound was horrible and absolutely not what i’ve wanted ever since the first time i hit a mizuno and fell in love with the feel. I was super disappointed and ended up staying with my apex cf 16 for another year. will definitely try to fit into these new jpx’s, but with mizuno probably putting their new face tech on there, i’m prepared for disappointment. 

That's super interesting.  I hit the 225s at a golf show and thought they felt amazing even compared to my Forged Tec which I think feel really good.  Granted, that was not with my normal ball... and I've been itching to go try them out again with my usual ball.  I know that the hollow body category can suffer in the feel/sound department.  I just feel the 225s are on the better end.  

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

RE: the new JPX line.. I'll be curious to see the final specs and see where these fit in from a loft progression stand point.  and then would like to see if they feel better than the 225s.  Of course, they'll have to beat out the Forged Tec's which have been great for me for any of that to matter.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Japan site has the deets now

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 minutes ago, MattF said:

Put my order in...

3 and 4 Fli Hi Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0
5-PW JPX223 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Recoil 95 F4
T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° and 56° S grind Recoil 95 F4

I just spent wayyyy too long on the Japan site comparing the models - I think for my money the "forged" is the best looking of the ones I could ever even closely consider playing, but the "Pro" would be the way I'd go, for sure.  

Considering there's no delivery timeline set, do you have an ETA?  Or did you order directly from the Japan site (I feel silly even asking that question, but...I'm very, very jealous right now and need information, lol)?

Can't wait to see how they treat you!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I just spent wayyyy too long on the Japan site comparing the models - I think for my money the "forged" is the best looking of the ones I could ever even closely consider playing, but the "Pro" would be the way I'd go, for sure.  

Considering there's no delivery timeline set, do you have an ETA?  Or did you order directly from the Japan site (I feel silly even asking that question, but...I'm very, very jealous right now and need information, lol)?

Can't wait to see how they treat you!

As I said in a post above, release is set for 9/23, however, I'll have mine the night of 9/14. I'm getting them directly from Mizuno USA at TPC Sawgrass for an event.

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

As I said in a post above, release is set for 9/23, however, I'll have mine the night of 9/14. I'm getting them directly from Mizuno USA at TPC Sawgrass for an event.

Oh man - completely missed that "HMP" was "Hot Metal Pro", lol.  Looks like I have way less time than I thought to save up. 😉

(Reeding comprehension wuz mai nubmer won skool subjic)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

That's super interesting.  I hit the 225s at a golf show and thought they felt amazing even compared to my Forged Tec which I think feel really good.  Granted, that was not with my normal ball... and I've been itching to go try them out again with my usual ball.  I know that the hollow body category can suffer in the feel/sound department.  I just feel the 225s are on the better end.  

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

RE: the new JPX line.. I'll be curious to see the final specs and see where these fit in from a loft progression stand point.  and then would like to see if they feel better than the 225s.  Of course, they'll have to beat out the Forged Tec's which have been great for me for any of that to matter.

at that fitting i tried this years apex, which were good, something from ping, which were my worst, and then the 225s. the 225’s essentially matched my cf16’s with 500rpm higher spin numbers(4000 to 4500) and slightly better dispersion. same ball flight. not enough to outweigh the negative change in feel from the cf16’s. especially at cc prices. in my case, I would have definitely swiped the card if the feel and sound were what I expected from a mizuno. now i expect less, and each line they choose to deliver where they chase technology to the detriment of their core competencies, less still.

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks DL... they look SWEET!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Thanks for the info to the Japanese site!  I've been trying to find info on the 923 hmp's.  They don't show a 4 iron? Does anyone know if they are going to produce one? I don't hit hybrids or fairway woods, the 4 iron is my 210-220 yd club.  It would be a bummer if they don't make one. I guess I would have to buy 921 hmp 4 iron. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, MattF said:

If you can get to Japan...

Can’t see that happening lol. If I like the pros enough I might bite. I plan on going to windmill to check them out once they have them to demo. I’m playing so well with my hot metals I worry going to the forged will be too big of a change with sizing. Really happy you were able to get the hook up. You’ll have to send some pictures once you have them in hand. 

Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

so purrrdy!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

OMG, HMHL!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Why didn't someone post a pic?

[Didn't think restrictions applied to third parties since we can easily find, translate and read the JP site, but I've removed them, since I certainly don't want to create issues for MGS. I thought only official golf media was restricted.]

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

You’ll have to send some pictures once you have them in hand. 

Once I'm allowed I will.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Order getting placed HM 5 to GW, recoil 95 S soft stepped once

i was planning to do steelfibers but the owner of the shop convinced me to give Recoils a shot at no upcharge

Edit: not available for me to pre-order yet

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

How do you guys feel about the 42.5* P-wedge?

1 hour ago, Jay2000 said:

Thanks for the info to the Japanese site!  I've been trying to find info on the 923 hmp's.  They don't show a 4 iron? Does anyone know if they are going to produce one? I don't hit hybrids or fairway woods, the 4 iron is my 210-220 yd club.  It would be a bummer if they don't make one. I guess I would have to buy 921 hmp 4 iron. 

Thanks

5 iron has less loft than my current 4 iron, so maybe it will fly as far as your 4i depending on how old your set is. But I guess it is possible the US market might get 4i if there is more demand for it than over in Japan/Asia.

43 minutes ago, Middler said:

Why didn't someone post a pic?

[Didn't think restrictions applied to third parties since we can easily find, translate and read the JP site, but I've removed them, since I certainly don't want to create issues for MGS. I thought only official golf media was restricted.]

Seems silly to not be able to post pics when it is on their official (although JP) website, but easy enough to find it yourself.

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST 9* +1 CB Alta Stiff

3 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 15* +1.5 B3

5 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 18* +1.5 B3

Irons: :ping-small: Rapture 5i-PW (4i M.I.A.)

GW: :titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52/08

SW: :mizuno-small: MP-T 56/10

LW: :cleveland-small: CG12 60*
Putter: :taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black

17 minutes ago, depan said:

5 iron has less loft than my current 4 iron, so maybe it will fly as far as your 4i depending on how old your set is. But I guess it is possible the US market might get 4i if there is more demand for it than over in Japan/Asia.

Seems silly to not be able to post pics when it is on their official (although JP) website, but easy enough to find it yourself.

US embargo makes it technically illegal

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

14 minutes ago, depan said:

Thanks for the reply, I currently play the 825's.  My 4 iron loft is the same as the 923 hmp's 5 iron. The 921 hmp's 4 is 19 degrees which would give me the extra yards I want  I was hoping the 923 would be the same.  Hopefully they make it for the USA. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Can’t see that happening lol. If I like the pros enough I might bite. I plan on going to windmill to check them out once they have them to demo. I’m playing so well with my hot metals I worry going to the forged will be too big of a change with sizing. Really happy you were able to get the hook up. You’ll have to send some pictures once you have them in hand. 

You can just go see the whole JPX line at Miz Japan right now, pics, specs and all. I'd provide a link but I don't know how the embargo applies to private parties, and want to respect MGS in all this.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

21 minutes ago, Middler said:

You can just go see the whole JPX line at Miz Japan right now, pics, specs and all. I'd provide a link but I don't know how the embargo applies to private parties, and want to respect MGS in all this.

I’m going through have to do it once I’m home. I can’t get my phone to translate everything. So I’m looking at it quite confused lol

Titleist ProV1