Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There is a global golf store there as well;  good opportunity to try and compare used equipment.  

Interesting. Wasn't familiar with Global Golf, but I do see one here out past the airport, which is a pretty good haul from where I am. The PGASS is a lot closer, so I'll hit them tonight. Maybe some time when I'm back in town. Like Friday on the way home from Greensboro. I've also hit the Golf Galaxy here.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

5 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I'm a workout and gym fanatic, but sometimes too much of that good thing (working out and lifting) can cause nagging soreness and hamper my golf game.  Just some "food for thought".

I should have listened to you today. I did a big leg day and then went to play anyways. Legs were wiped out and with the sore back could only manage a 78!

Play like a champion today!

@rkj427 I don't envy your job in the automotive industry one bit, I see a lot of conversations between supplier reps and management at work. I talk a lot to the supervisor of the wiring harness supplier and I can't imagine the amount of headache medicine he takes in a day. I would be insane. I have to say, I believe you have a love and passion for your job. 

I'm getting to play tomorrow after work. A couple of my friends made a tee time at Bear Trace and invited me along. It's a tough course and I'll be interested to see if all the practice lately pays off. 

2 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Nice read, Hayes. Something for me to think about as I await the start of my Fit For Golf test.

Hadn't planned to do anything golf-wise today, but I just learned this afternoon that there is a PGA Tour Superstore here in Raleigh, so I will drop by there and hope to resist the temptation to spend any money. I will definitely spend money tomorrow, though; I have a tee time at The Cradle at Pinehurst, their barrel-of-fun par 3 course designed by Gil Hanse. $50 for the round, and if they aren't too overbooked, I can play again for free.

Just left the PGASS. Didn't quite get out of there with no spending, but close -- I got a club cleaning brush for $7. They're higher than that at Walmart! Also played with several different models of PAR Golf putters. Didn't buy one though.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

56 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

A brief update on the honey-do list...

10 minutes into clearing the back deck, the Gas blower caught on fire, the return feed line had split and was dripping down on the exhaust!  Manged to get it extinguished, and there wasnt any real damage other than to my gloves.

Got to the craftsmen lawn tractor and the battery was dead, so threw it on the charger (the battery is 6 years old) and took out the trusty rake for the close to house work.

20240220_155617.jpg.476a7c08fb5f3a2f9aa96cfa2d4dd74d.jpg

After 30 minutes of that, went to fire up the mower and nothing!  Off to the wallymarts to get a new battery, also picked up a new fuel line, sparkplug, and push bulb for the blower. Got those installed and mower cranked right up. (Yay) but the blower wouldn't.  😟 I'll strip that down another day to fix it. 

In the middle of yard sweeping, I noticed a sky high water fountain ive never had before, hmmmm?. my rear water supply  had sprung a leak. The fitting before the shutoff valve cracked and separated off the supply line. (60 psi created quite the spectacle shooting hydro 30 feet into the air.) Got the supply shut down, and was off to lowes! While driving I had calculated an idea to redesign the old one (it only had 1 shutoff and a Y hose connection.) $60 later I had a new setup, including a backfeed connection in case the well goes out and can hook it to the neighbors house if needed for water.

20240220_161928.jpg.9c9e159488e4d4175638cb910674a5a8.jpg

Oh, back to the original plan of getting the acres of yard cleaned up.  Got back on the mower, and halfway through the back side, the deck belt broke. (It was replaced last june).  I had a backup in the shed, so Got that fixed up. 

So instead of the idea of dedicating 70% of daylight to appeasing the lady boss, I spent over $100, only got 2/3 of the back side completed. I'm now sitting here sipping down 3 fingers and a cube of tasty bourbon. 

20240220_155743.jpg.9f7f7e8d6bf661814dd28c5eedb08e1a.jpg20240220_155550.jpg.ac818079abf2ed1ee4618e8fd5918228.jpg

20240220_155719.jpg

Sounds like every project I am involved with. Mostly just putting out fires (not literal ones, in your case) and making multiple trips to the hardware store. Enjoy that bourbon, you earned it, sir!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

A brief update on the honey-do list...

10 minutes into clearing the back deck, the Gas blower caught on fire, the return feed line had split and was dripping down on the exhaust!  Manged to get it extinguished, and there wasnt any real damage other than to my gloves.

Got to the craftsmen lawn tractor and the battery was dead, so threw it on the charger (the battery is 6 years old) and took out the trusty rake for the close to house work.

20240220_155617.jpg.476a7c08fb5f3a2f9aa96cfa2d4dd74d.jpg

After 30 minutes of that, went to fire up the mower and nothing!  Off to the wallymarts to get a new battery, also picked up a new fuel line, sparkplug, and push bulb for the blower. Got those installed and mower cranked right up. (Yay) but the blower wouldn't.  😟 I'll strip that down another day to fix it. 

In the middle of yard sweeping, I noticed a sky high water fountain ive never had before, hmmmm?. my rear water supply  had sprung a leak. The fitting before the shutoff valve cracked and separated off the supply line. (60 psi created quite the spectacle shooting hydro 30 feet into the air.) Got the supply shut down, and was off to lowes! While driving I had calculated an idea to redesign the old one (it only had 1 shutoff and a Y hose connection.) $60 later I had a new setup, including a backfeed connection in case the well goes out and can hook it to the neighbors house if needed for water.

20240220_161928.jpg.9c9e159488e4d4175638cb910674a5a8.jpg

Oh, back to the original plan of getting the acres of yard cleaned up.  Got back on the mower, and halfway through the back side, the deck belt broke. (It was replaced last june).  I had a backup in the shed, so Got that fixed up. 

So instead of the idea of dedicating 70% of daylight to appeasing the lady boss, I spent over $100, only got 2/3 of the back side completed. I'm now sitting here sipping down 3 fingers and a cube of tasty bourbon. 

20240220_155743.jpg.9f7f7e8d6bf661814dd28c5eedb08e1a.jpg20240220_155550.jpg.ac818079abf2ed1ee4618e8fd5918228.jpg

20240220_155719.jpg

@Rob Person what a horrible day, better have a shot and a beer after all that went on for you today.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

36 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Rob Person what a horrible day, better have a shot and a beer after all that went on for you today.

Horrible?  Nah... just TYPICAL!  😆 🤣 😂 

2ND GLASS OF BOURBON GOING DOWN NICELY TOO

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Javs said:

I should have listened to you today. I did a big leg day and then went to play anyways. Legs were wiped out and with the sore back could only manage a 78!

Well, if it is any consolation, I should not have done such a heavy training session today. I played in my indoor SIM league this evening, and my upper body was so tight that I didn’t hit more than 2 or 3 good iron shots and even my chipping was very stiff and “mechanical” until our last two holes. The only thing that I did well was drive the ball, and it took me a couple of holes after warming up to get to a point where I could swing my driver freely. I hit some real bombs with the driver, but two of those bombs went left and ended up in the rocks, giving me a pair of unplayable virtual lies.

I will walk about 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 miles tomorrow, but other than that I’m only going to do my stretches and flexibility exercises between now and my winter tour event on Thursday.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Horrible?  Nah... just TYPICAL!  😆 🤣 😂 

2ND GLASS OF BOURBON GOING DOWN NICELY TOO

I just finished a Belgian Quad Ale (11.8% ABV), and I may just have another one before bedtime.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

If everyone wouldn't mind, I could use some feedback on my writing skills when it comes to review/tests. I really want to improve more than just my golf game 😆   Here is one I just did. Feel free to DM me. I handle criticism well! I just can't see my own blandness... thanks

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

If everyone wouldn't mind, I could use some feedback on my writing skills when it comes to review/tests. I really want to improve more than just my golf game 😆   Here is one I just did. Feel free to DM me. I handle criticism well! I just can't see my own blandness... thanks

Good review @Rob Person! Well organized, to the point, and a good read.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 hour ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

The final result. My brother loved bald eagles and as kids we would go watch them nest at Utah Lake with our Grandma. This was the theme/ideas he chose. Happy 40th Birthday to him!🍻

IMG_7699.jpeg

Well done @No3PuttLaLa, you have done your brother proud!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)