The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morniing everyone from central Oregon!  Sorry I haven’t been posting lately, but we have very limited internet and it’s running at <1Mbs.  Took 5 minutes just to reload this page!!  I’ve gots lots to post but will do that in a separate thread when I get home.  Two rounds of golf in and three to go!!  Just finished our round yesterday with the clap of thunder and made it to the restaurant/bar before the rain hit.

Coffee is terrible here and we brought our own blend with us… terrible coffee maker!!  If I add more Baileys to it, it’s passable though.  

is Bend central OR ? 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

4 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

good morning spy's... 1st. day the provincial mid amateur tournament, this tournament has 2 categories, over 25 years of age and over 40 years of age so I am way out of my age group, I do believe by entering it gives me good tournament reps though which is basically why I do it, and I do enjoy competing against the flat bellies... the tournament is being played about 65 miles east of Vancouver BC in an area called Harrison Mills. It is close to my hometown of Mission BC so my sister has been nice enough to let me stay with her... I am currently looking out her window, south at Mt. Baker, over the Fraser River, nice to be home again, it has been a long time... anyway have a great day everyone and I will keep you updated...

Good luck! And let those flat bellies know "There might be a little dust on the bottle, But don't let it fool ya about what's inside..." 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

24 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

good morning spy's... 1st. day the provincial mid amateur tournament, this tournament has 2 categories, over 25 years of age and over 40 years of age so I am way out of my age group, I do believe by entering it gives me good tournament reps though which is basically why I do it, and I do enjoy competing against the flat bellies... the tournament is being played about 65 miles east of Vancouver BC in an area called Harrison Mills. It is close to my hometown of Mission BC so my sister has been nice enough to let me stay with her... I am currently looking out her window, south at Mt. Baker, over the Fraser River, nice to be home again, it has been a long time... anyway have a great day everyone and I will keep you updated...

Good Luck @Jim Shaw!! Show those flat bellies something to talk about! 😆⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

1 minute ago, Invader Zim 315 said:

Welcome to the city!  Great courses on 12th street and up in central park! 🤣

Jk, golf here is TOUGH

I’ll be in a conference room overlooking Bryant Park all day. If it can have a hockey rink in the winter, why not at least a short game practice area in the Spring/Summer?😁

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

is Bend central OR ? 

Yes sir it is. 

Bend, Redmond, SunRiver, Sisters, Prineville, are all considered Central. They all have golf courses some better than others. Black Butte is a resort style with 2 golf courses on it. It is just west of Sisters. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Just now, JFish350 said:

Yes sir it is. 

Bend, Redmond, SunRiver, Sisters, Prineville, are all considered Central. They all have golf courses some better than others. Black Butte is a resort style with 2 golf courses on it. It is just west of Sisters. 

That's what I thought; I was born and raised outside of Eugene and not sure what folks consider "central".

Played Pronghorn, Running Y and Sunriver. 

Missed Tetherow though! A lot of great courses around there and that place is exploding in popularity.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

That's what I thought; I was born and raised outside of Eugene and not sure what folks consider "central".

Played Pronghorn, Running Y and Sunriver. 

Missed Tetherow though! A lot of great courses around there and that place is exploding in popularity.

WOW from Eugene to Massachusetts, not sure you can get to much further from home. 

I like Tetherow, couple of decent stories from there.  Pronghorn is nice as well but it does have a couple silly holes like 14 & 15 I think it is. Never heard of Running . 

I have a 4 round tourney coming up the 1st week of June at Sunriver. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

2 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Best of luck!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

42 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Good morning (afternoon)

Been busy with life.  Hubby having some heart issues. Hope everyone is doing great.

Headed to the range shortly to see how the swing is fairing after a week long business trip and hubby.

Best wishes for both your Hubby and your golf swing.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, BKervin said:

Good morning (afternoon)

Been busy with life.  Hubby having some heart issues. Hope everyone is doing great.

Headed to the range shortly to see how the swing is fairing after a week long business trip and hubby.

I hope things work out with your husband, I am very sorry to hear he's having heart issues. Hopefully you can get out and get some golf therapy. 

3 hours ago, BKervin said:

Update on my range - 

Well the driver is doing a wee bit better for me but I'm still struggling with this driver.  I have a lesson tomorrow and will let you know how I do after that!

Put myself in for testing of those beautiful Callaway Paradym driver!  I'm hoping to get selected. I've always loved Callaway.

I have never liked a driver more since grabbing my Paradym. Highly recommend 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

14 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

is Bend central OR ? 

Yes, just east of the Cascade Mountains, about halfway between the Columbia River on the Oregon/Washington border and the Oregon/California border.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”