Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

37 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Good morning all! It was a drizzly round yesterday for the 9 I played with my son before league and then picked up a bit and rained throughout league. Despite the weather, we shot one of our best rounds and finished +1 (net -3). I need to talk to the assistant pro to figure out how they are determining handicap for league, because while my partner doesn't carry an official handicap (he's probably around an 8-10), mine is official at 26.1 and our league handicap is 4 (for 9 holes). It was supposed to be a combination of the two, so I don't really understand it. I'm not one to gripe, but we are -5 overall, and the 1st place group is -15 and the same handicap as us, and they consistently post gross under par scores while we do not, so just looking for some clarification. The highlight of the round for us both was my partner sinking a 72 foot putt for birdie on our final hole, it was crazy! I was going to take a day off today, but going to hit the range for some more work on my long irons and woods. Couldn't get much going in that department yesterday. I don't think I will hit too many balls, but just try to work on some drills. I did remember my tripod so going to film some swings as well to get some visual feedback. Including a picture of my son and I from our round yesterday. I am date marking each photo to record how many rounds we play together this year. He played really well yesterday which is always so fun to watch.

70838420232__34030EA8-1CA4-4944-BC46-CB041A369444.jpg.e219990ce7fcdc6d818c47620739894d.jpg

Great post!! 72 foot putt, just like Nick Taylor 

committed to performance excellence

39 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got a little bit of a surprise at work today. We were out of a critical part and got the day off. I'm currently sitting in the parking lot of a golf course hoping the rain stops, it's just sprinkling right now. 

Hopefully you can get out and play!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

good morning spy's..

man oh man, monday I played great, yesterday I had an out of body experience, in a bad way...very disappointing, couldn't get off the tee, iron play was terrible and putter was cold, not a good combination, and was playing a club team match to boot, I got dusted by a really good player from Gorge Vale, a gentleman as well, didn't laugh too hard at my misfortunes... 

Nice thing about sports, today can be better, have a good one...

I hear you, played decent on Monday nothing spectacular but nothing really bad either. Yesterday I couldn't hit an iron shot to save my you know what. Hopefully someone found my swing on the course and turned it in to the club house. If I had to rely on this game for my livelihood I would be a lot thinner than I am now. 

Frank musolino 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got a little bit of a surprise at work today. We were out of a critical part and got the day off. I'm currently sitting in the parking lot of a golf course hoping the rain stops, it's just sprinkling right now. 

Is it paid time off? Good for you but hopefully sucks for whomever was responsible for ordering and securing all the needed parts for production...

Dude walk in there and fire their a@@, take over their job and then you can sit in a comfy chair in an office and get paid more to hang out on the forums all day 😝

.. haha hope you do get a chance to get out there and take advantage of the opportunity!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

19 minutes ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

Been slammed at work where a client has changed their mind after a full month of working on a product that they wanted. Full 360 change is what we are working on right now. I am really wishing to be out on the course right now...

SobbingSadGIF.gif.a83d374276319ef491d402b861d1d3f2.gif

Truly sucks when that happens. Hopefully it’s all worth it in the end. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

8 hours ago, GaryF said:

I have CMC or Basal Thumb Arthritis on my left hand and when it flairs is a very sharp pain that is at the joint at base of thumb by the wrist (a bump will be present).  It rarely bothers me when playing golf but sometimes afterward.  Then it also flairs up to the next joint up and almost feels like a needle sticking inside the joints.  The basal part is caused by deterioration of the cartilage and weakening of the ligament which allows abnormal movement.  If I rotated my LH grip more clockwise then the overlay from the RH would likely cause issues. 

Sorry to hear about your arthritis.  I probably have arthritic hands... my mom certainly did.  I don't have a bump and the pain comes and goes.  I had it last year for several weeks, then it went away after I moved my thumb around the shaft a little.  I still had the RH grip over the thumb but there wasn't as much pressure on it.  I played that way all winter and this spring; no issues until recently.  Taking a few days off has helped, and I made some full swings today.  I could feel it, but it wasn't as painful.  I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off as well, so we will see how it feels on Saturday.  My hands and wrists are both crap, and likely the biggest reason for lack of distance.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

HOW does an assembly plant be OUT of a CRITICAL part?? 😬  I guess you will find out who's responsible tomorrow when someone doesn't show up for work.  😁

At least in my industry (Industrial Automation and Controls) supply chain is still a challenge. For some parts our factory is doing global prioritization of every order placed and in a given month only about 20% are getting fulfilled. I can absolutely see how this could happen. Things have been a mess since COVID.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

1 minute ago, SpencerKelly said:

At least in my industry (Industrial Automation and Controls) supply chain is still a challenge. For some parts our factory is doing global prioritization of every order placed and in a given month only about 20% are getting fulfilled. I can absolutely see how this could happen. Things have been a mess since COVID.

Boy do I know that!  My muni leases Yamaha carts on a 3-year cycle.  We got new carts 6 months after I became a member in 2015.  Three years later we got new carts.  Well, the next 3 years was 2021… no carts.; the driver side seats are trashed because we could only have one person per cart during most of the summer in 2020.  In 2021 the batteries wouldn’t last 18 holes.  Finally got new batteries, but the suspension and tires are shot and parts are falling off.  Yamaha wouldn’t sign a new lease because they couldn’t guarantee delivery.  Rumor has it that we are getting new carts this week… after 5 years!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, SpencerKelly said:

We were suppliers to many different industries including automotive and this kind of thing happened rarely.  If it did the company would move heaven and earth to keep the kind moving.  
One incident we had a Purchasing Agent from an automaker forgot to inform us of an increase in their production.  On a Friday morning they called me obviously with their “hair on fire” about a parts shortage and after a conference call I hired a small plane and flew down enough parts to keep them going until Monday.  Cost a fortune but it was their dime.  Because the plane was a charter I flew with the parts down and back, kinda cool flying over New York on a early Saturday morning.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list