Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2023 SQAIRZ Speed Line of Shoes

Golfspy_CG2

Jaron, your are not alone ... most people don't take golf footwear too seriously.  I will argue that the golf shoe is the most important piece of equipment!!

There are two connections in golf, your hands top the club and you feet to the ground.  Your arms follow your body.  Your only connection to the ground is your golf shoes.  Your create swing speed by using the ground, called ground force reaction.  When you put pressure on the ground, it gives it back to you (Newton's 3rd Law). 

When you swing, YOU are pushing down on the ground creating energy; that energy travels up your body and TRANSFERED by the club to the ball.  The club and the ball are recipients of the energy your create and it all begins with your feet and connection to the ground. 

The single biggest difference between a tour play and amateur player is postural control; which is your ability to consistently control you body through a movement.   You can create the energy but the real question is are you using it all?  Not a chance if your not stable.   

The result of being off balance and unstable is a loss of distance and accuracy.  This all begins with the feet.  Lightweight sneaker like shoe allow the feet to literally move in the shoe and on side hill down hill lies its even worse. 

With a driver, when you are swinging at 94mph you need structure in the shoe and good ground connection.  All of this is measured by pressure mapping (i.e. BodiTrak mat) and we can see how much you sway wearing a variety of shoes. 

The golf shoe and your connection to the ground facilitates all the key fundamentals of the golf swing.  Much to the surprise to many is the feet and weight distribution on the feet facilitate hip rotation. 

Try this exercise:  take your golf stance and place all the weight you can on your trail foot - big toe and try to turn your hip back.  Then, do the same but put all that weight on the inside of your trail heel and turn your hip back; this should be much easier. 

Without stability and balance, it doesn't matter what club or ball you play.  SQAIRZ was voted "Most Stable Golf Shoe 2022" by My Golf Spy.  As we say in our advertising .. "It's the shoes"!  

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Shoes are arguably the most important piece of equipment of your round.   If your feet are killing you by hole 5 it’s going to be a tough round.   If you worry aboit slipping ok every shot, you’re not going to make a good swing 

I don't disagree,   I have worn Footjoy Contours for years and find them to be very comfortable.   $200 isn't probably that expensive considering how long I keep shoes.   I guess I am just too cheap 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don't disagree,   I have worn Footjoy Contours for years and find them to be very comfortable.   $200 isn't probably that expensive considering how long I keep shoes.   I guess I am just too cheap 🙂

I have to FJ contours…I wear them in the office and on the putting green.  And they are very comfortable.    I’d never play a round in them thought.  Just not stable enough for.  

But your swing is so smooth you probably don’t need stability. 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But your swing is so smooth you probably don’t need stability. 😬

The way my swing is right now,  I need something........

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, jbern said:

I’ve never taken my golf footwear too seriously. My philosophy was that if I don’t like them, at least they were cheap.
I took running pretty seriously at one point and  in running shops they measure your foot, watch you run on a treadmill, ask about sole preferences, etc. Is there something similar for getting golf shoes? I’d hate to spend $200 and have it feel like any other shoe I get on clearance. 

Oh man!  Think about what your back and knees would feel like if you'd tried to run even a half marathon in a pair of Chuck Taylors. The short answer to your question is No.  There is nothing similar, at least not that I am aware of.  I did find the following:

http://www.parwestshoes.com/fitting

https://www.davisshoes.com/custom-golf-shoes

https://customshoemaker.com/our-shoes/custom-fitting/

FootJoy has a "MyJoy" custom designed shoe, but talks Step 1. Select your style; Step 2. "Select your size..."  Well, if they are custom shoes you'd think they would have a sizing process similar to these other businesses linked above but 🤷‍♂️ No Joy there, pun intended.

Anyway, I agree with several of the comments that grip on the club and ground are the two foundational points of a swing.  I would suggest that a running shoe fitting is probably a good starting point for golf shoes; the wet foot print check for arch (flat, neutral, support) and then shoe fitting for width and size. I would argue that the BIG difference between running shoe and golf shoe fit is drop (the angle from heel to toe); golfers do not need drop; personally I believe the closer to flat the better for golf; heel to toe drop to me is detrimental to ground contact and swing plane (would you wear high heels and try to swing? Or are you better off in bare feet?), but maybe someone out there could benefit from a little bit of drop to support getting onto the balls of their feet during the swing and allow a full turn 🤔.   

Hope something here helps.

Cheers.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

• 1 month later...

I've owned Sqairz golf shoes for the last three years, and having played golf since the late 1950s, I feel they are the best golf shoes I've ever worn! They have added balance and stability to my swing, are very comfortable and, unlike many shoes, don't need "breaking in". They are waterproof as well. The best part for me is the traction. Having slipped twice on golf courses, once wearing spikeless and another time soft spikes, and fracturing my wrist and ankle in the process, traction is paramount for me. Other than stepping in pure, sloppy mud once, my feet have never slipped, even going up and down some steep, wet slopes.

Some take issue with the distance claims. Other golf shoemakers tout their performance enhancing characteristics, but, as far as I know, only Sqairz has quantified anything based on 3rd party testing. I'm not good enough to tell if any one drive is longer than I would have expected if I were wearing another golf shoe, but my data tracking shows that my average drive has increased by about 7 yards. There are a lot of things that could contribute to that, but the shoes are pretty much the only thing different. I attribute the gains, in my case, being due to fewer poor drives due to that increased balance and stability. For those so inclined, that additional traction could enable one to take a bigger "rip" at the ball.

Everyone's experience will be different. This experience happens to be mine.

Edited by PhilM75072

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I purchased a pair of the Sqairz Limited Edition British shoe back during the holidays when they were on sale.  I wear from a 10.5W Footjoy, 11W Adidas and a 11.5W New Balance shoes.  I went with 11.5 sized Sqairz.  I put them in play for the first time today.  Overall, they were OK for me.  I love the shoe laces!  My Adidas has the BOA and I've come somewhat used to that mechanism.  Once the shoe laces are tied, they stay tied (even if they are a little too tight).  I had no issues with the heel rubbing that some have mentioned.  I did however have a little rubbing on the inside the left ankle.  Once I loosened the laces a little, it stopped rubbing.  They did seem a little heavier than my Adidas and New Balance, but I didn't think it made a huge difference for me.  I got through the entire round with no issues, but they seemed a bit too tight.  Again, it's the first round, so I'm willing to give them some time and a few rounds to break in.

From now on I'll be rotating between the older Adidas BOA shoes with the new Sqairz and New Balance I have to give them all a try.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 4:53 PM, Javs said:

I had the exact same experience. However, I don’t want my heels to look like rats ate them just for more stability. I say this as a retired military guy who had to hike miles at a time with pack and weapons. My combat boots were more comfortable than the original shoes. 

Combat boots were as comfortable as a wearing a pair of concrete blocks, until recently.  That is why the Gov had to create the VA and give all of us disability, because no one could actually walk after years of wearing the "issue" boots and shoes.  Thank God for all the opportunities I had to NOT have to wear the Gov issue ones.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

• 1 month later...

a little help to the style

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

On 5/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, Subdiver1 said:

Combat boots were as comfortable as a wearing a pair of concrete blocks, until recently.  That is why the Gov had to create the VA and give all of us disability, because no one could actually walk after years of wearing the "issue" boots and shoes.  Thank God for all the opportunities I had to NOT have to wear the Gov issue ones.

I will say that the new SQAIRZ shoes are not like the original. I now own three pairs and have had no issues! The Bold are the best shoes I have ever owned.

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!